Consumers seen lifting GDP despite bu...

Consumers seen lifting GDP despite business caution

There are 59 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 25, 2012, titled Consumers seen lifting GDP despite business caution. In it, Reuters reports that:

Job seekers stand in line to meet with prospective employers at a career fair in New York City, October 24, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pogue mahone

West Sayville, NY

#1 Oct 26, 2012
Consumers are only now doing exactly what the Obama Administration has been doing all along. Recklessly running up their credit card debt.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Oct 26, 2012
b. h. obama is to shovel-ready-jobs what a drunk farting gasbag is to fine dining.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3 Oct 26, 2012
Out of 77 companies in which Bain Capital invested other people’s money, 33 either failed or produced no earnings. That, my friends, is a 43% failure rate.

Out of 77 companies in which Romney invested, only 10 were really good investments. 70% of Bain’s earnings came from these 10 companies. And that, my friends, is only a 13% success rate.

Of course Romney/Bain made money from the failed companies as well. They stripped money out of those companies, money that should have gone to the people who actually put up the money. But that’s how vultures operate, by grabbing parts of rotting carcass.

By making debt the centerpiece of his campaign, Romney was making a calculated bluff of historic dimensions - placing a massive all-in bet on the rank incompetence of the American press corps. The result has been a brilliant comedy: A man makes a $250 million fortune loading up companies with debt and then extracting million-dollar fees from those same companies, in exchange for the generous service of telling them who needs to be fired in order to finance the debt payments he saddled them with in the first place.

Romney's "unemployment" stategy.
Pull My Finger

West Sayville, NY

#5 Oct 26, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
Out of 77 companies in which Bain Capital invested other people’s money, 33 either failed or produced no earnings. That, my friends, is a 43% failure rate.
Out of 77 companies in which Romney invested, only 10 were really good investments. 70% of Bain’s earnings came from these 10 companies. And that, my friends, is only a 13% success rate.
Of course Romney/Bain made money from the failed companies as well. They stripped money out of those companies, money that should have gone to the people who actually put up the money. But that’s how vultures operate, by grabbing parts of rotting carcass.
By making debt the centerpiece of his campaign, Romney was making a calculated bluff of historic dimensions - placing a massive all-in bet on the rank incompetence of the American press corps. The result has been a brilliant comedy: A man makes a $250 million fortune loading up companies with debt and then extracting million-dollar fees from those same companies, in exchange for the generous service of telling them who needs to be fired in order to finance the debt payments he saddled them with in the first place.
Romney's "unemployment" stategy.
Your posts are always long winded and freaking boring as h ell. Either put them into Cliffs Notes or just plain shaddup.
Your Ex

United States

#6 Oct 26, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
b. h. obama is to shovel-ready-jobs what a drunk farting gasbag is to fine dining.
As you are to
Rational thought.
Go back to the woodshed,
Boy.
Uncle Jerry's
Waiting.
Cat74

United States

#7 Oct 26, 2012
If you have ever had a business you know you cannot continue unless there is a profit. Small business people right now want to expand, hire more people, but they are facing the most anti business Administration in our history. So they will wait until January to hire more people, or expand their business. That is not un American. That is good business practice. Democrats want all of us on some Government dole so we will feel the need to vote for them. That doesn't build a prosperous nation.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#8 Oct 26, 2012
Pull My Finger wrote:
<quoted text>Your posts are always long winded and freaking boring as h ell. Either put them into Cliffs Notes or just plain shaddup.
Romney is lying, always, always will.

"Cliffy" enough for 'ya?

Poor teabagger.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Oct 26, 2012
pogue mahone wrote:
Consumers are only now doing exactly what the Obama Administration has been doing all along. Recklessly running up their credit card debt.
Wow, lots of new articles from Politico and Reuters trying to pump up and prop up the empty suit........with only 12 days to go. Their bias and treason againt the freedom of the press's history will be noted.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 Oct 26, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is lying, always, always will.
"Cliffy" enough for 'ya?
Poor teabagger.
• East Coast Braces for Monster of 'Perfect Storm'………Ambassador’s family braces for life without him………..more that the MSM won’t cover…….Boycott all MSM outlets, papers and advertisers.

Father Of Slain SEAL: Obama 'Could Not Look Me In The Eye... Like Shaking Hands With Dead Fish'...

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#11 Oct 26, 2012
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are to
Rational thought.
Go back to the woodshed,
Boy.
Uncle Jerry's
Waiting.
ah the voice of experience. You should change your Avatar to KY..........

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#12 Oct 26, 2012
pogue mahone wrote:
Consumers are only now doing exactly what the Obama Administration has been doing all along. Recklessly running up their credit card debt.
That is correct.

Notice how the media never shows the increase in personal debt......

And the increase in jobs is nothing more than low paying jobs. The middle management or production jobs are gone for good and they will never be returning.

Want to flip burgers, answer a drive-thru window, be a bell hop, wipe someone's ass? Then then is a job for you.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#13 Oct 26, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
b. h. obama is to shovel-ready-jobs what a drunk farting gasbag is to fine dining.
I actually liked Gary Johnson's response to the idea of shovel ready jobs.

"My next door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel-ready jobs than this current administration."
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#14 Oct 26, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>• East Coast Braces for Monster of 'Perfect Storm'………Ambassador’s family braces for life without him………..more that the MSM won’t cover…….Boycott all MSM outlets, papers and advertisers.
Father Of Slain SEAL: Obama 'Could Not Look Me In The Eye... Like Shaking Hands With Dead Fish'...
6 Going on 7 weeks of coverage 24/7 on FOX, it's like their only "hook" on Obama, so naturally the teabaggers repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat, without any evidence.

What about all their crackerjack "investigative journalist"?

Did they blow the lid off anything?

No.

They just keep up the "ire" of teabaggers who are like a bunch of old women gossip, with NO PROOF.

BRING IT.

Poor teabagger
Cat74

United States

#15 Oct 26, 2012
Most of the jobs created under this President are part time, so they don't have to pay benefits. Uh oh, Ohio is looking better for Romney every day. It is like when we were told the recall in Wisconsin was working, and the Governor was elected with a big landslide. Ohio will go to Romney on eletion day.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#16 Oct 26, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
6 Going on 7 weeks of coverage 24/7 on FOX, it's like their only "hook" on Obama, so naturally the teabaggers repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat, without any evidence.
What about all their crackerjack "investigative journalist"?
Did they blow the lid off anything?
No.
They just keep up the "ire" of teabaggers who are like a bunch of old women gossip, with NO PROOF.
BRING IT.
Poor teabagger
It's scum like you that makes communism survive.

Father Of Slain SEAL: Obama 'Could Not Look Me In The Eye... Like Shaking Hands With Dead Fish'...
questioner

Menard, TX

#17 Oct 26, 2012
pogue mahone wrote:
Consumers are only now doing exactly what the Obama Administration has been doing all along. Recklessly running up their credit card debt.
Who profits when someone takes on debt?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#18 Oct 26, 2012
questioner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who profits when someone takes on debt?
Banks.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#19 Oct 26, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It's scum like you that makes communism survive.
Father Of Slain SEAL: Obama 'Could Not Look Me In The Eye... Like Shaking Hands With Dead Fish'...
Scum like you is why nazi skinhead corporate fascist will not die, even after financial ruin still insist reaganomics works.

I do not concur in the words of Barack Obama in a plan to enter an ally of ours... I don't think those kinds of comments help in this effort to draw more friends to our effort..."There is a war being waged by terrorists of different types and nature across the world," Romney said. "We want, as a civilized world, to participate with other nations in this civilized effort to help those nations reject the extreme with them."

Mitt Romney.
Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#20 Oct 26, 2012
Really, the Government Dole didn't begin to multiply until the Republicans lead by George Bush implemented disastrous tax policies that collapsed the Economy and Financial System in Nov, 2008

There was no successive debt or record applications for government assistance under Bill Clinton, George Bush authorized food stamp expenditures through 2012 that saw a record number of Americans because of the failed policies of Bush, depending upon.

These are the same policies Romney is selling, repackaged. Under those polices, the economy seemed good running on consumer debt until the nation's banks cut the American Consumer off cold turkey.

Which means most of you were broke and borrowing to finance your lifestyles a long time before Obama.
Cat74 wrote:
If you have ever had a business you know you cannot continue unless there is a profit. Small business people right now want to expand, hire more people, but they are facing the most anti business Administration in our history. So they will wait until January to hire more people, or expand their business. That is not un American. That is good business practice. Democrats want all of us on some Government dole so we will feel the need to vote for them. That doesn't build a prosperous nation.
Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#21 Oct 26, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It's scum like you that makes communism survive.
Father Of Slain SEAL: Obama 'Could Not Look Me In The Eye... Like Shaking Hands With Dead Fish'...
We appreciate his service to the nation, but he was no longer a Seal, he was an employee of the British Security Firm contracted by the CIA. He was no longer active duty personnel or Seal Team Member.

He signed out of the military to earn more money with Blue Mountain in dangerous locations through out the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reuters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Dems Dreamin'? Long-shot bid to spli... Apr 19 Cath League of Du... 2
News New York police shoot dead black man holding me... Apr 8 illegalisillegal 2
News EPA poised to announce rejection of Obama vehic... Mar 30 californiadreamin 1
News Under Trump, prosecutors fight reprieves for pe... Mar 29 spytheweb 1
News Clinton Name Could Be Stripped From Little Rock... (Feb '17) Mar '18 desai4congressar1 3
News US Supreme Court rejects Trump over 'Dreamers' ... Feb '18 RIP 12
News Trump could echo Bush in first State of the Union Jan '18 C Kersey 3