Mitt Romney praises Meg Whitman as sh...

Mitt Romney praises Meg Whitman as she prepares to lay off 30,000 workers

There are 7 comments on the Daily Kos story from May 19, 2012, titled Mitt Romney praises Meg Whitman as she prepares to lay off 30,000 workers. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

If Mitt Romney shares Meg Whitman's vision of "Jobs for America" ... you'd better watch out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 May 20, 2012
This is from Bain Capital's playbook. Screw workers, take the money.

“Lying for the Lord”

Since: May 12

Heartland USA

#2 May 24, 2012
JON HUNTSMAN:“What’s clear is he likes firing people, I like creating jobs.”[1/9/12]

NEWT GINGRICH:“Those of us who believe in free markets and those of us who believe that, in fact, the whole goals of investment is entrepreneurship and job creation, would find it pretty hard to justify rich people figuring out clever, legal ways to loot out a company.”[1/8/12]

RICK PERRY:“Now, I have no doubt Mitt Romney was worried about pink slips — whether he was going to have enough of them to hand out because his company, Bain Capital, of all the jobs that they killed. I’m sure he was worried that he would run out of pink slips.”[1/9/12]

GINGRICH: Bain Capital was a “small group of rich people manipulating the lives of thousands of people, and taking all the money.”[1/9/12]

PRO-GINGRICH SUPER PAC:“A story of greed, playing the system for a quick buck. A group of corporate raiders led by Mitt Romney, more ruthless than Wall Street. For tens of thousands of Americans, the suffering began when Mitt Romney came to town.”[1/9/12]

GINGRICH:“I would just say that if Gov. Romney would like to give back all of the money he’s earned from bankrupting companies and laying off employees over his years at Bain, that I would be glad to listen to him.”[12/12/11]

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 May 24, 2012
Throughout the primaries 25% of Republicons supported Romnutz which is why the other 75% kept throwing the barrel of other nuts at him.

They were freaked out that the other nuts self-destructed like Sarah Palin. Mitch Daniels is whacking himself in the butt for having opted out.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#4 May 25, 2012
Anytime a willard rugby is your nominee you're in trouble. There's your sign.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#5 May 25, 2012
I miss Bush. He seemed so reasonable.

“Lying for the Lord”

Since: May 12

Heartland USA

#6 May 25, 2012
Romney: "It was George W. Bush's stimulus package – not President Obama's – that saved the economy from slipping into another great depression."

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 May 28, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
Anytime a willard rugby is your nominee you're in trouble. There's your sign.
Mutt is named after J. Willard Marriott. Marriott hotels are one of the largest purveyors of porn - through in room movies - around.

Typical hypocrisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reuters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Dems Dreamin'? Long-shot bid to spli... Apr 19 Cath League of Du... 2
News New York police shoot dead black man holding me... Apr 8 illegalisillegal 2
News EPA poised to announce rejection of Obama vehic... Mar 30 californiadreamin 1
News Under Trump, prosecutors fight reprieves for pe... Mar 29 spytheweb 1
News Clinton Name Could Be Stripped From Little Rock... (Feb '17) Mar '18 desai4congressar1 3
News US Supreme Court rejects Trump over 'Dreamers' ... Feb '18 RIP 12
News Trump could echo Bush in first State of the Union Jan '18 C Kersey 3