Sandy's winds of uncertainty blow through presidential race

Nov 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Sailors and Marines arrive in Hoboken, New Jersey with water and supplies from a U.S. Navy Seahawk helicopter for superstorm Sandy relief efforts in this November 3, 2012 handout photo.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pull My Finger

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Sandy blows and Obama sucks.
What a difference

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

The "commander" in chief goes to fundraisers while millions are in the dark and cold, and the POTUS who reveals himself to be the head of the party of hate screams for voting "revenge".
Compare Bush and Katrina with Obama and Sandy.
The people on the ground give Obama a failing grade. At least you didn't see Bush spending all his time patting himself on the back for the great job he's doing.

Obama is an arrogant, divisive, self-centered jerk.
He deserves neither respect nor your vote.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Don't forget Benghazi and the infamous movie trailer.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Obama: I'll get around to you people after he election.........I gots da get all my frequent flyer miles on your dime done..........by the way, since I'm losing.......you all kiss my arse.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Sandy ought to blow the winds of change through new york cities next mayoral election.

Borough President Markowitz’s pleas for National Guard assistance. But they have guns.

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup.“The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

Guess those folks in NY don't need any help, they got everything covered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

There are 12 swing states..........Romney is over 50% in 7 of them, Obama is over 50% in 2 of the states (at 50) not over.......the rest of the states Obama is only 47% approval or below.......kiss him goodby.
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Can't the republicants wait until after the election before they eat their own alive - ie criticizing Christie for his praise of President Obama?

Making matters worse, an ROmney aide said,“Chris Christie isn’t returning ROmney's calls.” Yes Christie still endorses the etchy sketchy republicant candidate.

“Mitt was trying to explain his position on FEMA to reporters yesterday and he got all excited because his phone started vibrating,” the aide said.“It turned out it was just Ann.”

A comedian could't make this stuff up!
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Robert wrote:
“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup.“The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”
Mr. Bloomberg, last I heard NY is in amerikkkkka where all sorts of folks hug their guns.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

President Obama had one last chance to be Presidential, and he screwed it up. He went to N Y for pictures thinking the locals would handle the problems, and he would look great on his way to somewhere else. Instead the Red cross handed out hot chocolate, and cookies, when what is nee4ded are blamkets, and food,and Bloomy messed up the generator problem. Now he, and the President look worse then Bush at Katrina. It won't cost him N Y. Those people are nuts, but it does make him look silly to the rest of America. I can't believe our long nightmare is nearly over. We can face anything together, but when the politicians divide us, we can't do anything.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

BI-partisan LOVE FEST between Chris Christie and Obammy Hussein.

RMONEY in the CAYMAN ISLANDS is NO different from Obammy.

Young Ron Paul supporters express support for Gary Johnson, say Romney, Obama the same

Mitt Romney is just not going to cut it for many of Ron Paul’s devoted legion of young followers.

Most of the Ron Paul supporters approached by Red Alert Politics Friday night at the Liberty Political Action Conference in Chantilly, Va., said they could not see many differences between Romney and President Obama. Their general consensus was that Romney is a weak candidate who has not effectively made his case.

Libertarian candidate Gov. Gary Johnson seemed to be the choice of many. They seemed undeterred by suggestions that a vote for anyone other than Romney equals a vote for Obama as they exited the ballroom where Paul had just finished speaking.

“I’m voting for Gary Johnson because he is a better liberty candidate,” an LPAC attendee from Virginia who declined to give his name said.“I think it’s worth it long-term to continue to break the cycle of voting for people who aren’t pro-liberty.”

Sacramento-Calif.-native Kevin Duewel likewise indicated his excitement about voting for Gary Johnson, saying he was impressed by Johnson’s call during a side event at the Republican National Convention to “vote Libertarian just this once.”

Duewel seemed dissatisfied with the two-party system and expressed a desire to make the Libertarian Party a viable alternative.

“With all respects to Romney, I don’t see Obama as much worse,” Duewel said, noting that Obama and Romney are two sides of the same coin in his opinion.“For one, I don’t think Romney is going to win anyways.

“The energy in his campaign has alienated the Ron Paul folks, which means that I don’t think he’s going to have the momentum or the agility to be able to pull anything off later in this campaign season now that he’s behind in the polls.”

Another attendee from Baltimore, Md. who simply identified himself as Alex said he plans on voting for Gary Johnson because Obama and Romney are “pretty much the same person” in his view.

“I think Romney is very similar to Obama,” he said.“And I think Romney may even expand the wars even further than Obama; he seems very eager to bomb Iran, go into Syria and takedown the terrorists.

“It’s something that I’m not ready to stand for.”

While attendee Kyle Wagner said he plans on writing in Ron Paul as a tribute for his dedication in the race.

“It’s on principle,” Wagner said.“I don’t like the mainstream candidates.

“If Mitt Romney does not win. It’s his problem because he’s not been that attractive of a candidate.”

The general consensus, even among those supporting Romney, was that they were doing so reluctantly.

“The way we have it today is that we have a two-party system, and I look forward to working with the Republican Party and taking over the Republican Party for liberty from within,” Romney voter Jessie Markell said, noting his reluctance in voting for the GOP nominee.
By John Rossomando /// September 15, 2012
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

We should all aspire to be billionaires who stash money in secret CAYMAN ISLAND bank account to avoid paying taxes for our military while we declare war on Iran and send US soldiers to their death and while we bail-out banksters for their business failures?

Sounds wrong-headed to me and it undermines the strength of our country and the value of my savings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
We should all aspire to be billionaires who stash money in secret CAYMAN ISLAND bank account to avoid paying taxes for our military while we declare war on Iran and send US soldiers to their death and while we bail-out banksters for their business failures?
Sounds wrong-headed to me and it undermines the strength of our country and the value of my savings.
There are 14 swing states..........Romney is over 50% in 7 of them, They are tied in 5, Obama is only over 50% in 2 of the states (at 50) not over.......the rest of the states Obama is only 47% approval or below.......kiss him goodby.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>There are 14 swing states..........Romney is over 50% in 7 of them, They are tied in 5, Obama is only over 50% in 2 of the states (at 50) not over.......the rest of the states Obama is only 47% approval or below.......kiss him goodby.
Nonsense.

You're wishful thinking. It's a toss up for a reason.

Both Obammy and Rmoney in the Cayman Islands will give us the same crap.

Cast a protest vote to end the two-party system. We only need 5%. Vote for Gary Johnson.
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Governor Christie has roundly praised President Obama for Obama's handling of Sandy much to the chagrin of his own party who are snipping at him for coloring outside the republicant coloring book?

Not quite the same "praise" as Bush-baby and Katrina!?

Mayor Bloomberg has endorsed President Obama.

23,000 people attended the recent Obama rally.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Governor Christie has roundly praised President Obama for Obama's handling of Sandy much to the chagrin of his own party who are snipping at him for coloring outside the republicant coloring book?
Not quite the same "praise" as Bush-baby and Katrina!?
Mayor Bloomberg has endorsed President Obama.
23,000 people attended the recent Obama rally.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m!
Sour grapes purveyors should make a killing with the teabaggers tomorrow.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

libs should leave topix if obama loses tomorrow

cons should leave topix if obama wins tomorrow

but then who would we argue with? Since harvey changed his name, that cuts the number of smart libs in half.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
libs should leave topix if obama loses tomorrow
cons should leave topix if obama wins tomorrow
but then who would we argue with? Since harvey changed his name, that cuts the number of smart libs in half.
You'll be missed.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Where did you see that Obam drew 23,000 people in n Y recentally? He can't pay people to go to his rallies lately. I think you made that up Sweetum's.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You'll be missed.
Yes, I hate to see me go. Since I got addicted to Topix, I've lost my job, my family, and all my friends...but at least my typing has improved.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Where did you see that Obam drew 23,000 people in n Y recentally? He can't pay people to go to his rallies lately. I think you made that up Sweetum's.
Nope, dearie. Obama drew 28,000 last night in Florida. As usual, you're full of sick sh!t. One of the best things about this election is your departure once your scumbag loses. You are, and always have been, one sorry idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••