Exclusive: US Air, AMR deal could come in next two weeks - sources

Jan 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Stocks have been on a tear in January, moving major indexes within striking distance of all-time highs.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Yawn... Heard it all before... Wake me when it really happens..
Airline freak

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

The real battle will likely concern who runs the company. Neither TH or DP are much beloved by their employees. It appears American employees have about as much disdain for their management team as any airline has ever seen, thus the eager cooperation and even desire on the part of AA unions to merge with US and place DP in charge. This will likely put enormous pressure on AA's board. I think the most pertinent question is how much influence does TH have on the AA board and is it enough to say no to a merger with DH at the helm.
Airline freak

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Sorry. Meant with DP at the helm. In the meantime, we may as well join the wise Prost with a huge collective yawn until the big boys finish bruising each other in the ring. Too bad we can't be flies on the wall to witness this battle!
Wondering

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

What about the non-union employees... How many does that that number? What would you think there views would be??? Merger a chance for some stability in their work place... At the end of the day these things will happen and people need to go forward ...Watering there grass and buy groceries and paying bills.. They too would like some relief and peace of mind. Upper Mgmt will be heavy compensated… IF you are upset with that.. Then maybe you need throw your resume in for company CEO other than that “be” happy you have a job… If you don’t like the movie leave… It's not allways about the union...

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Airline freak wrote:
The real battle will likely concern who runs the company. Neither TH or DP are much beloved by their employees. It appears American employees have about as much disdain for their management team as any airline has ever seen, thus the eager cooperation and even desire on the part of AA unions to merge with US and place DP in charge. This will likely put enormous pressure on AA's board. I think the most pertinent question is how much influence does TH have on the AA board and is it enough to say no to a merger with DH at the helm.
Horton came back as CFO, nt long after he kicked Arpey out as CEO and AA went straight in BK. I think the BOD organized a coup d'etat. I wondered why the BOD went so long happy to be the only entity in an industry that was once again beginning to show steady profit to lose money. I think the lack of ability to get unions to concede again after years of talks and nerveous investors led to the change. As far as who runs the show. My money is on Parker. He got the AA unions on board fast. They will work for anyone who has not been with AA in the past decade. Is he any better, he has been friends with Horton since college, so I doubt it. But he does meet the haven't been with AA in the past decade requirement. Horton left AA to go to AT&T in a role mirroring what he did with AA in the last year and sold his finished product to SBC.. I see history repeating itself. Horton takes the parachute and moves on. AA makes up a majority of the new company..You want those numbers to be happy or the merger is poisoned from it's inception
steve

Bedford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Sometimes hate will make people choose anyone else than who is presently running the company.The idea is that anyone else has to be better. Hate throws clear thinking and logic out the window. Many forget how Dave Siegal was hailed as the savoir of US and how he then failed miserably only to leave with 4.5 million for his time.
When you choose the perceived lesser of two evils, you still choose evil. Now we wait.
I wish all the best for AA and US employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••