British man killed wife over 'single'...

British man killed wife over 'single' Facebook status (AFP) by AFP: Yahoo! Tech

There are 168 comments on the tech.yahoo.com story from Jan 25, 2009, titled British man killed wife over 'single' Facebook status (AFP) by AFP: Yahoo! Tech. In it, tech.yahoo.com reports that:

A British man who murdered his wife after becoming enraged when she changed her relationship status on Facebook to "single" was jailed for at least 18 years late Thursday.

Edward Richardson, 41, stabbed wife Sarah, 26, to death in a "frenzied and brutal" attack at her parents' home in Biddulph, central England, last May after she altered her profile on the Internet social networking site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at tech.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 25, 2009
Trufax wrote:
You beat me too it man. Inisa just loves to hear her own virtual voice. She's a virtuoso of stupidity.
Oh wait, I figured out why she posted it. It's a violent crime and blacks commit violent crimes at the highest rate in the U.S. and the U.K. See, there is a 2 step connection. Thanks Kevin Bacon!
Well you helped her by bumping it up. How stupid is that?
what

Washington, DC

#4 Jan 25, 2009
STOP FORUM FLOODING wrote:
Why is the on the AA forum? You are a serious flooder.
Yha I mean..why talk about something other than white people, interracial relationships and black women, their body, hair, and accessory choices???? The never of some people...really?
what

Washington, DC

#5 Jan 25, 2009
nerve...rather

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 26, 2009
It a violent crime committed by whites. I would like to know married white men have no problem murdering their spouses when it suits their fancy. Instead of divorce or allowing divorce they opt for murder. Why is that?

Is it because of some embedded psychotic gene that flairs up every now and again? Is it because they feel that they are losing and/or have lost control and this is too much for their mind to bare so they opt for murdering the spouses they professed to once have loved?

Will women start to fear marriage with a white man due to the high rate of spouse murders within that community?

Location hidden

#7 Jan 26, 2009
*why
silver effect

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jan 26, 2009
Inisa Love wrote:
It a violent crime committed by whites. I would like to know married white men have no problem murdering their spouses when it suits their fancy. Instead of divorce or allowing divorce they opt for murder. Why is that?
Is it because of some embedded psychotic gene that flairs up every now and again? Is it because they feel that they are losing and/or have lost control and this is too much for their mind to bare so they opt for murdering the spouses they professed to once have loved?
Will women start to fear marriage with a white man due to the high rate of spouse murders within that community?
all 3 in this love triangle were non-black, which has little-to-no effect in the black community.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 26, 2009
YourDadsHole wrote:
Inisa do you only get your news from Mediatakeout?
I am going to ignore the hell out of you because I see what you are and how you are to BLACK people on this forum.

I can't and won't be so bothered. Go spa and fight with someone else today because it WON"T be me!

Since: Apr 08

TRUE SELF-MASTERY

#11 Jan 26, 2009
silver effect wrote:
<quoted text>
all 3 in this love triangle were non-black, which has little-to-no effect in the black community.
if he was black and did this to his white wife you would be so upset but this doesnt bother you at all. thats why nobody take you "enraged" white men serious. you have deeply embedded fear and hatred for blk men, and you dont know why...
its considered a mental illness

AKJ

“akj”

I love my lil son..:)

#12 Jan 26, 2009
^^What does color have to do with anything..Did I miss something????????
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#14 Jan 26, 2009
Inisa Love wrote:
From a male perspective I would say that it's because they feel they are losing control. Some white males have been conditioned to believe they are better than everyone else and somehow superior. When things don't go their way they resort to violence and killing the entire family including the kids. The mentality is that if the patriarchy fails, then all must fail. Yes, it's very psychotic and is a social problem that needs to be examined.

In many societies men HAVE to feel they have a degree of control over things.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 26, 2009
KIP wrote:
<quoted text>
From a male perspective I would say that it's because they feel they are losing control. Some white males have been conditioned to believe they are better than everyone else and somehow superior. When things don't go their way they resort to violence and killing the entire family including the kids. The mentality is that if the patriarchy fails, then all must fail. Yes, it's very psychotic and is a social problem that needs to be examined.
Interesting. I do believe is a control issue and not being able to handle the loss of control.

Location hidden

#16 Jan 26, 2009
KIP wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think that this is a thing that should not be swept under the rug. You do not hear anyone talking about why this is happening and ways to prevent it. Women are losing their lives. What about them? Why is no one speaking up for them? Why is this so hush hush. It needs a lot more attention than its getting. Put the spot light on it and save the lives of more women.

Something really needs to be done because you shouldn't have to be put in your grave because you want to move on with your life and no longer want to be in a marriage that you feel no longer works for you for whatever reason.
LLL
#17 Jan 26, 2009

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18 Jan 26, 2009
STOP FORUM FLOODING wrote:
Why is the on the AA forum? You are a serious flooder.
so you are essentially implying bc your AA you dont care about things going on with people in the world...news events, horrifying crap like the facebook murder????

explain if youd like

Location hidden

#20 Jan 26, 2009
LLL wrote:
http://www.chicagodefender.com /article-2110-domestic-violenc e-hits-black-women-harder.html
Tit for Tat. The only reason the thread article was posted anyway is because YOU guys are in denial too. You never admit to any wrong doing and always turn things around in your favor.

"And while white women accounted for the largest total of those killedľ1,208ľAfrican American women were killed at a rate nearly three times higher."

Now, here's a perfect example of double-speak and whites saving face. White women accounted for the LARGEST total of those killed! That means in sheer numbers of BODIES! Ya, know, people!!! But let's play some games with numbers, blacks equal 13% of the population, so if you were to look at it that way, then it would be three times higher. Yeah, ok.

The bottom line is more white women were killed, per actual numbers and actual bodies!
RedTape

Kingston, Jamaica

#22 Jan 26, 2009
Oh! That was what I heard on the radio this morning while I was half asleep. That guy is obviously crazy, and who the hell cares if someone makes a post like this on the African American forum. Would you rather those skinheads posted here instead. Plus, I'm sure that there are other people who would want to read other forums besides ones on race, stereotypes and blah, blah, blah...

Location hidden

#24 Jan 26, 2009
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Tit for Tat. The only reason the thread article was posted anyway is because YOU guys are in denial too. You never admit to any wrong doing and always turn things around in your favor.
"And while white women accounted for the largest total of those killedľ1,208ľAfrican American women were killed at a rate nearly three times higher."
Now, here's a perfect example of double-speak and whites saving face. White women accounted for the LARGEST total of those killed! That means in sheer numbers of BODIES! Ya, know, people!!! But let's play some games with numbers, blacks equal 13% of the population, so if you were to look at it that way, then it would be three times higher. Yeah, ok.
The bottom line is more white women were killed, per actual numbers and actual bodies!
The study stated there were 1,818 race-identified females murdered by males. And while white women accounted for the largest total of those killedľ1,208ľAfrican American women were killed at a rate nearly three times higher.

**EXACTLY what it is. Double talk to save face. More biased studies done that no one should put any faith in. Its clear we as black people cannot trust ANY studies conducted by whites when there are numbers and stats involved.**

Location hidden

#25 Jan 26, 2009
Inisa Love wrote:
<quoted text>
The study stated there were 1,818 race-identified females murdered by males. And while white women accounted for the largest total of those killedľ1,208ľAfrican American women were killed at a rate nearly three times higher.
**EXACTLY what it is. Double talk to save face. More biased studies done that no one should put any faith in. Its clear we as black people cannot trust ANY studies conducted by whites when there are numbers and stats involved.**
Indeed. We need to look more closely at these so called numbers and stats that are manipulated to give the results they want.
What

Washington, DC

#26 Jan 26, 2009
Inisa Love wrote:
Men all over the world have control issues when it come to women. I think it is not fair to say only white men do this. They do it in the Arab world, Africa and the western world. It is really a world problem. For some reason they feel they must control women. I would not marry an American/UK white man cus they usually pick non-white women cus they are frustrated with the independence of white women. Thus he will want to control you to no end.

“Yeah, I'm A Guy”

Since: Sep 08

So What?

#27 Jan 26, 2009
LLL wrote:
http://www.chicagodefender.com /article-2110-domestic-violenc e-hits-black-women-harder.html
No need to even post that. This thread IS about a white man murdering his wife...over a facebook status account?!?!?! Why is it that when there is an issue/problem affecting White people most of you want to go off subject. Oh, but let there be a crime concerning Black people and some of you just "run with it". Some of you just can't help yourselves SMH.

Nah, not with me you won't because I'll shove it your face every time lol. Maybe that's why so many white people on here and in the real world refuse to debate with me about some of their issues, sick behaviors and problems. You won't run from it or side track with me. Some White men for some reason have no problem murdering their wives over stupid stuff.

Deal with it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richardson Electronics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Buffalo cold case so... (May '08) Jun '09 Eddie Raymond 18
News Neighborhood effect of large parties stalling p... (Apr '09) May '09 Hard Worker 3
News Police reports (Dec '08) Dec '08 Wooie 1
News No title (Oct '08) Oct '08 anonymous 1
News Man arrested for child neglect after toddlers f... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Unknown 2
News News Email - Buffalo Police Make Arrest in 20-Y... (May '08) May '08 mas 2
More from around the web