Thomas Train Toy Recall

There's a recall involving a favorite children's toy. The makers of Thomas and Friends wooden railway toys is recalling about one and a-half million of them. Read more
Janice

United States

#1 Jun 14, 2007
My 3 yr old son has almost all of the recalls toys listed since 5/2006. I'm wondering what are the long term effects and the symtoms of lead posioning for a toddler.
stevern

Carmel, IN

#3 Jun 14, 2007
well, that should really increase their value for collectors!
Carla

Canada

#4 Jun 18, 2007
I am outraged, how could they make such a mistake like this!! We are talking about our children here. Lead in the paint? They started removing lead from household paint a long time ago, why would they use paint with lead in it to paint our children's toys??!! Kids are always putting toys in their mouths, to me this is a gigantic problem. I don't know about you, but I have higher expectations of companies who produce childrens toys. I will never buy another Thomas the tank engine toy for my son.
Carla

Canada

#5 Jun 18, 2007
I am sorry stevern, but what a comment to make?!! The health of our children could potentially be at risk, but we should worry about how much money they will be worth now?
mjc

Frederick, MD

#6 Jun 19, 2007
If I have to buy less, I will. I will stick to "MADE IN THE USA".
This was a true eye-opener.
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST.
Mary

United States

#8 Jun 20, 2007
I agree 100%. I will never buy any more Thomas the Trains or other toys from that company. It is unbelieveable and outrageous that those toys were made with lead paint. It's not like these toys are exactly cheap either. We paid a premium for these wooden toys and would not have expected them to be manufactured in some toxic Chinese factory. I am fuming mad. I plan to make stops at my doctor's office, elected federal representatives and lawyer, in that order.
concerned mom

South Yarmouth, MA

#9 Jun 21, 2007
How do we go about returning these recalled products? or do we just take them away from the kids? My son LOVEs the thomas firestation and I'd like to replace it with something else with NO LEAD in it.??
Martha

Chesnee, SC

#10 Jun 21, 2007
my friend bought this toy for her grandsons and she did not know that there was a recall on this toy. All this goes back to the rich manufacture getting cheap labor and putting American children at risk so he can get richer.
Morons

Makati, Philippines

#12 Jun 23, 2007
Its amazing how ignorant people can be from a country that claims to be 1st world.....More than half of your country is made of immigrants from so called 3rd world countries.
By the way Thomas the tank toys being recalled are from China. A country you smart asses call developing...3rd world countries are in africa, and parts of south east asia. You guys should really get out more.
DGT

United States

#13 Jun 24, 2007
Just try to buy something made outside of China? Next to impossible these days, especially for toys.
sharon

Brisbane, Australia

#15 Jun 28, 2007
my son christopher likes thomas.i only had a few of the trains recalled im a bit mad.but i still buy thomas im from brisbane australia.
Geek

United States

#16 Jun 28, 2007
Seriously? You're boycotting china? Good luck with that.
Rob

Elizabeth, NJ

#17 Jul 2, 2007
I think its ignorant to blame a 3rd world country for lead in the paint of a stupid toy thats gonna make your child even more retarded than he already is. What happened to the toys that helped children develop their intelligence and make them think?. for what i see here, almost everyones children's favorite toy is a train with a face and it can either be pulled back or foward. Then you wonder why your child doesnt learn at the same rate as the other children, and you take him to a kid's shrink thats gonna prescribe 100 pills for your precious toddler.
Back to the piont. made in america isnt a synonym of better. Take the car industry for example. European, japanese, south korean cars (hyundai) are safer, faster, more economic and look better than american cars. i know what you're gonna say "but those countries are not 3rd world" But what about food? Food in 3rd world countries is also better than american. Maybe thats why they're not fat like a huge percentage of the population in this country.
Arkansas Attorney

Cabot, AR

#18 Aug 18, 2007
I am working on a class action case against Mattel. Would anyone like to discuss the possibilities of being the lead plaintiff?
b obama

Zanesville, OH

#19 Oct 31, 2007
has anyone been in a barnes and noble latley? the thomas the train playset is still there. my kids used to love to play with them when we went to the store. they are quite old, so they are most likey full of lead paint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

RC2 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chinese-made toys, kids' jewelry recalled (Sep '07) Aug '10 Mark 8
News Company to pay $1.25 million for selling toys c... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Heather 1
News RC2 prices public offering at $15 per share (Aug '09) Aug '09 Pat Hansen 2
News No More Tears, Far More Fears? (Mar '09) Mar '09 The4BigGirls 1
News 600,000 toys join recall list (Sep '07) Nov '08 Crystal 25
News RC2 says slow orders lower profit (Nov '08) Nov '08 RC2 Retailers 1
News 600,000 toys join recall list -- Consumer Goods... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Olivia 1
More from around the web