600,000 toys join recall list

600,000 toys join recall list

There are 25 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 26, 2007, titled 600,000 toys join recall list. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

In a year already notable for a record number of lead-based recalls, the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced seven separate recalls Wednesday of Chinese-manufactured toys and children's jewelry for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Time for change

Seffner, FL

#22 Nov 13, 2007
all of these concerns about chinese imported goods are ludicrious. simply because we should not have to worry about this in the first place. the carelessness that our socieity is being threatened with makes me sick. for a country like china that we-and so many other parts of the world-pour so much money into for trade, to be so irresponseable to let this happen is pathetic. how is our money being used in their communist country annyway?

“Music Is My Second Love...”

Since: Aug 07

Jacksonville, Florida

#23 Nov 13, 2007
I truly believe the toy industry is going to suffer this Christmas season. Parents are going to be too leary about purchasing these toys for their children. I know I am. You can't keep quality when you cheapen the labor.

“high bouncing ball”

Since: Nov 07

China

#24 Nov 14, 2007
We KILOMAX INTERNATIONAL LIMITED was established in 1967. Our main product is high bouncing ball,flyer and capsules. Our high bouncing balls are made from top quality synthetic rubber for maximum springiness. Sizes range from 18 to 120mm diameter.our capsule are made from ps or pp .sizes from 28 to 92mm diamete. Packaging comes in bulk packs, net bags, cylinders, canisters, display boxes, poly bags with header, blister cards, etc. Special designs make them very popular. With a monthly production quantity of over 40 millions, we can provide you with mass orders. Our 2400 highly skilled staffs, computerized production control and management ensure that there is no concession on quality

e-mail:[email protected]
triple lll

United States

#25 Nov 24, 2007
it's is very sad that the U.S.A first put let our companies go over the boarders and create lost of jobs now we are letting others countries poison us with what they are making for us, and possibly creating lost of lives or sickness. What happen to the real meaning of MADE IN THE U.S.A
I love our country but our country has to start thinking about the good/health of man kind and not about the love of money and the cheapest way to make a product. Remeber QUALITY DOES STILL MATTER and MADE IN THE U.S.A means alot. thank you
Crystal

Lawrenceburg, KY

#26 Nov 9, 2008
I think that the usa should have all the toys retested before put out om our shelves I understand that this will take money to do but hey at least they wull be making sure that the kids will have the toys that they can really enjoy withput all that lead paint, I know how it is my child is a victim of the lead poisioning and just because of this my child is 18 months old and he is very sick has been since he was just about 5 months old. he is not talking and he now has the mind of a 3-6 month old. His lead level was way to high and it may have caused brain damage thanks to all this lead poisioning from china, Now what I do I buy lead kits myself and test the toys before I buy them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

RC2 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chinese-made toys, kids' jewelry recalled (Sep '07) Aug '10 Mark 8
News Company to pay $1.25 million for selling toys c... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Heather 1
News RC2 prices public offering at $15 per share (Aug '09) Aug '09 Pat Hansen 2
News No More Tears, Far More Fears? (Mar '09) Mar '09 The4BigGirls 1
News RC2 says slow orders lower profit (Nov '08) Nov '08 RC2 Retailers 1
News 600,000 toys join recall list -- Consumer Goods... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Olivia 1
News Boca Raton couple sues toy manufacturer over le... (Mar '08) Mar '08 China is killing US 4
More from around the web