Jessica

Oxford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Okay so I work at a rite aid. I've been working there for 3 years and in the past year we have gotten a new manager. Strict is an understatement. We aren't allowed to talk to other employees while we are working. Even if you aren't doing anything wrong she will find something to yell about such as sale signs, if she doesn't think you are doing them fast enough she will scream at you infront of other employees and other customers. If you are sick and need to call out for the day (which happened to me last week..) she screamed into the phone, "are you serious? you have to call out 2 hours before you are supposed to come in." as i said sorry... she hung up the phone. More recently... I had 3 items to return at my store that I really hated (beauty products) and seeing as our store has a lenient return policy I returned them however I had lost my receipt and got a merchandise return card worth $20. The next day at work I noticed the items I have returned were in the office, and a coworker told me they thought the return was suspicious and thought I stole it!!!! Which i would never do! So obviously I got upset and offended and well, just about had it with this place. Not only that but they decided to check each employee's purse at the end of their shift to make sure they are no stolen goods, but you bet I leave 2 minutes before I am supposed to and bust out of the doors so they can't look through my personal stuff! How is this okay and what should I do?! I know the obvious answer is quit and find another job which I'm in the process of applying places but in the meantime how do I put up with this? Each shift I dread it's horrible!
Common Sense

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Some stuff sounds strict but not that bad. If you have to call in, call in at least two hours before. Random bag checks are part of the job and many companies do this. A return without a receipt by an associate is automatically flagged. It needs to be investigated. Dont take it personal, it isn't personal. Internal shrink is a real thing and your SM is responsible for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rite Aid Discussions

Search the Rite Aid Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking beyond Walgreen's Quarter Jul 22 Some Guy 1
4 out 5 managers to be fired or demoted to $12.... (Jan '11) Apr '14 SMM 38
Altria Group: An Attractive Investment Apr '14 Chuckles 1
Rite Aid denying scripts Mar '14 Mini me 1
rite aid manager shots himself (Mar '08) Mar '14 ex-exa 22
life story! (Jun '13) Feb '14 kelly 2
Why Rite Aid (RAD) Took a Massive Hit Today (Dec '13) Dec '13 Former Brooks-Rite Aid As 1
•••
•••