Qantas to cut capacity, reduce manage...

Qantas to cut capacity, reduce management to offset fuel

There are 3 comments on the WNFL-AM Green Bay story from Mar 29, 2011, titled Qantas to cut capacity, reduce management to offset fuel. In it, WNFL-AM Green Bay reports that:

Australia's Qantas Airways plans to axe capacity and management jobs and retire some aircraft early under cost-cutting measures aimed at offsetting soaring fuel prices and the impact of natural disasters in Japan, New Zealand and Australia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNFL-AM Green Bay.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#1 Mar 29, 2011
Reduce management jobs? Hey AMR take a page from the book of this Oneworld partner. The BA method of clashing with your employees isn't working too well, although that is the current path. Did anyone at AMR HQ read the DL full page USA Today ad when then gave out profit sharing checks?(The profit sharing check is a bonus paid to the rank and file employee, and is only paid out when you make money. I know odd comcept. AMR finds money for mgmt bonuses reguardless of financial status. I digress). Happy Employees make for happy passengers and happy passengers are loyal passengers.
doofy

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2011
WILL the employees still get a free cupcake at bonus time?

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#3 Mar 30, 2011
AMR does not give bonuses to the rank and file, only top management. Cupcakes aren't in the budget. To be fair, once a quater AMR does give out performance bonuses to the rank file. If certain levels are achieved an employee will receive an heavily taxed check that is less than a days pay and a PayDay candy bar.... knew you'd love that part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Qantas Airways Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Australia rejected Qantas request for $2.7 B loan (Mar '14) Mar '14 williamscharles71 2
News Delta's Anderson is the new IATA Chairman (Jun '13) Jun '13 Old NWA Guy 5
News Qantas to Quit Europe Routes If Regulators Reje... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Prost 1
News Qantas to cut 500 jobs (May '12) May '12 Oh know 2008 again 1
News Qantas Airways grounds global fleet due to strikes (Oct '11) Nov '11 cateyes 68
News Alan Joyce, chief executive officer of Qantas A... (Sep '11) Sep '11 confused one 1
News Qantas Points Finger At Rolls-Royce Over A380 (Dec '10) Dec '10 andrew j langham 2
More from around the web