J. Crew store to open in November

A J. Crew store is scheduled to open in late November at the Tanger Outlet Center on U.S.17, according to the shopping center's tenant services manager Nicole Tolbert. Full Story
Doogie

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Sep 5, 2008
J Crew is new. Geoffrey Beene is a has beene.

Since: Jun 08

Columbia, SC

#2 Sep 5, 2008
J. Crew has been around for years. There was a store at the old Waccamaw Pottery.

Although I like J. Crew, unless you are a size 0, you cannot find anything at a J. Crew outlet. I will miss Geoffrey Beene.
Tommy Kwong

AOL

#3 Sep 5, 2008
Another Loser for the Moron's who need Labels.

Moron's enjoy being walking billboards for their favorite textile company's wares.

Advertise for no compensation? These companies
laugh all the way to the bank, as the walking billboards who believe the imaginary status connected to these garments mean something.
I give this store 4 months.
Doogie

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Tommy Kwong wrote:
Moron's enjoy being walking billboards for their favorite textile company's wares.
laugh all the way to the bank, as the walking billboards who believe the imaginary status connected to these garments mean something.
Why so angry bro? Just don't buy the damn things.

Actually J Crew has no logo on their shirts - and they still sell a truckload of 'em.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 Sep 5, 2008
You sure are angry about nothing. J. Crew doesn't have labels plastered on anything of theirs. I'm not a label snob, but J. Crew clothing actually is worth it. It lasts, wears well, and isn't so trendy that you can only wear it for one season. And the outlet has decent deals that are respectable, not enough to have them laughing all the way to the bank.
If by imaginary status you mean somewhat attractive clothing that fits properly, and doesn't look cheap, ok, sign me up. But, I think some of this anger you have isn't researched so well IN THIS CASE.
Give it 4 months? J. Crew has had an outlet here at least since 1988.
SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
Tommy Kwong wrote:
DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6 Sep 5, 2008
AND I LIKE A BARGAIN AS MUCH AS ANYONE!
David Berkowitz

AOL

#7 Sep 5, 2008
Kwong is a hypocrite. He wears and sells Harley Clothes.
What a dope.
VOL ONE

AOL

#8 Sep 5, 2008
What the f--k does this article have to do with " NEWS "..just another advertising FREEBIE....not news content whatsoever.
waterwaylotus

Smithfield, NC

#9 Sep 6, 2008
I'm excited I don't have to drive all the way to the other one. I buy something there and 10 years later they have the same thing so it's still wearable. I buy $10 shirts when it is half off half off. This is good news...we need good news.
Trvman

Newton, NC

#10 Sep 6, 2008
Tommy Kwong wrote:
Could not agree with you more about this.

How stupid are people? They spend 20 bucks to have a 50 cent t-shit with a Nike logo on it and advertise the company for them. I will go buy the same t-shirt for 5 bucks with no logo on it, thank you. Same goes for all the rest of the clothing that people buy with company logos.

Maybe the people who buy this type of clothing should also go work for the companies for FREE because they are willing to advertise for them for free :)

Also, just what MB needs, another retail store. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PhillipsVan Heusen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VF Corp Ready To Move Forward (Sep '09) Sep '09 Careful 1
Cramping your style FEWER CHOICES FOR SHOPPERS (Feb '09) Feb '09 amanda 2
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation to Market DKNY ... (Jul '08) Jul '08 charles 1
Arrow shirt gives social networking a cause (Sep '07) Sep '07 Cathy 1
More from around the web