Consumer spending outlook hazy despit...

Consumer spending outlook hazy despite strong March retail sales

There are 3 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 12, 2007, titled Consumer spending outlook hazy despite strong March retail sales. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The outlook for consumer spending turned hazy Thursday as warnings of weak sales ahead overshadowed better-than-expected March sales at many of the nation's big retailers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

weston

Miami, FL

#1 Apr 12, 2007
I don't know where they are getting their figures. My spending is way up including gas, taxes and insurance.
Frederique

United States

#2 Apr 12, 2007
They're on crack. The country is in deep trouble. Oveall, SMB's are struggling and the economy has leveled off. We are teetering on a recession and no one wants to admit it. Take a broad view of everything and it becomes crystal clear. Don't live in denial.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 15, 2011
Is everyone ready for the shop till you drop holidays just ahead. I predict this year will start extra early with multiple blow out sales bearing price tags that will bring savings to the tree for all early bird shoppers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Sunwear of California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Retail sales look grim heading into back-to-sch... (Aug '08) Aug '08 nice 5
News Angst in Teen Retail? (Apr '08) Apr '08 david 2
News Malls losing specialty retailers (Mar '08) Mar '08 Daddy P 1
News Retailers report anemic January (Feb '08) Feb '08 LilOne 2
News Retailers Had Weak Sales in December (Jan '08) Jan '08 gle 12
News Retailers report weak results for December (Jan '08) Jan '08 Nancy 17
News Retailers Report Solid Sales for August (Oct '07) Oct '07 nam 7
More from around the web