Monterey man seeks a hand, not a handout

Monterey man seeks a hand, not a handout

There are 32 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Nov 28, 2010, titled Monterey man seeks a hand, not a handout. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Bob Rich has come close to being evicted from his Monterey apartment after his hours at a countertop construction company were reduced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Im Just Saying

San Francisco, CA

#22 Nov 29, 2010
UH-NO wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're sheltered and ignorant. Same as Kim.
Lucky me. I wish you were as blessed. I'll pray for you.
dustedoff

Monterey, CA

#23 Nov 29, 2010
Im Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
If I did it...anybody can. YOU are a ignorant fool if you CAN'T. Sounds like a lot of haters commenting can use some cheese with their "whine".
WELL with a child...I know first hand~yes Hartnell.The Edd Pell grant is not enough to even pay the utilities let alone rent and food etc.......getting it right now.....
I find you to be a VERY MEAN spirited,COLD creature...
dustedoff

Monterey, CA

#24 Nov 29, 2010
Im Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you are such a BITTER soul....talk about arrougant...god help you if some day you may need a small helping hand....with your attitude...of yeah thats right you are too good..right??
CVnative

Monterey, CA

#25 Nov 29, 2010
Im Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I find you a VERY unlucky person to own such a cold,mean heart..if there is even one inside you...all the man in the original article was asking for was a small bit of help....and you have responded in every post like an arrogant creep.BA HUMBUG to ya..
Im Just Saying

San Francisco, CA

#26 Nov 30, 2010
You all have a right to your opinions. I'll be adopting a family again this year to give them a Christmas they wouldn't otherwise have. Will this FAMILY be a single "man". NOOOOO!
UH-NO

Monterey, CA

#27 Nov 30, 2010
Im Just Saying wrote:
You all have a right to your opinions. I'll be adopting a family again this year to give them a Christmas they wouldn't otherwise have. Will this FAMILY be a single "man". NOOOOO!
Bitter much?
UH-NO

Monterey, CA

#28 Nov 30, 2010
Think about this. Who makes up the majority of the homeless? Men. If we can help this person out to keep him from becoming homeless, then he has a much better chance of finding another job and being able to support himself and pay taxes again. Belittling someone who is humbly and honestly asking for help is just plain cruel. Single mothers with children have MANY MORE avenues to pursue assistance. It is sexist to assume that just because someone is a male that they are less deserving and it puts a terrible pressure on men to expect them to assume more responsibility than women in supporting themselves. Finally, who do you think is dying and becoming blind and dismembered in Afghanistan right now? Poor, rural males who feel that they have nowhere else to turn to find a means to support themselves so they get caught up in the "economic draft." Because of the prevailing attitude that if they are "MEN" they have to magically make jobs appear, even though this country now is in a financial mess. The middle class is being pushed out. There will be many more homeless before this economic mess is through and they will be mostly men.
JoJo

Salinas, CA

#29 Nov 30, 2010
Im Just Saying wrote:
So you support yourself through the government by adopting children. Why don't you go get a job and support your own self quit using the children to get all the freebies. I hope you are kidding about adopting cause you sound like someone that's abuse to children your only interest is the money.
Im Just Saying

Salinas, CA

#30 Dec 1, 2010
JoJo wrote:
<quoted text>So you support yourself through the government by adopting children. Why don't you go get a job and support your own self quit using the children to get all the freebies. I hope you are kidding about adopting cause you sound like someone that's abuse to children your only interest is the money.
No. I adopt a family through the Salvation Army and the Boys and Girls Club for the Holidays. I don't have kids of my own and I don't adopt any kids. I just hear too many stories of dead beat dads that let their kids suffer, then try to ask for a hand out. If you really want to give back, adopt a family from the Salvation Army or Boys and Girls club. You would do them a lot of good. Like I said, I don't give hand outs to "men" that have kids to support and whine about it. Get a clue and help these women out.
Im Just Saying

Salinas, CA

#31 Dec 1, 2010
UH-NO wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitter much?
I'd rather spend my money on a single woman trying to raise her kids. If you think that's bitter, you have serious issues.
JoJo

Salinas, CA

#32 Dec 2, 2010
Im Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I adopt a family through the Salvation Army and the Boys and Girls Club for the Holidays. I don't have kids of my own and I don't adopt any kids. I just hear too many stories of dead beat dads that let their kids suffer, then try to ask for a hand out. If you really want to give back, adopt a family from the Salvation Army or Boys and Girls club. You would do them a lot of good. Like I said, I don't give hand outs to "men" that have kids to support and whine about it. Get a clue and help these women out.
Now I know why your bitter cause you have no kids of you own and you wonder why, look at yourself in the mirror and your past that's why you are bitter. I still think you are an abuses person toward your self other people and children those I wary more cause they are innocent the children.
Justinia

Felton, DE

#33 Dec 3, 2010
Having known Bob many years ago I am not shocked he needs help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Pasta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May '15 Mike 8
News Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug '14 Plain Simple 16
News Cannery Row - Monterey Bay Adventures (Dec '09) Sep '13 Old Timer 5
News Roshni Singh was strangled (Oct '08) Oct '12 denu 17
News Salyer American shuts its doors (May '09) Jul '12 A Ghost From the ... 14
News Monterey Sheriff's Son Arrested After Drugs Found (Jun '11) Jun '11 Freebo 2
News Letters: Mayor says numbers are wrong (Feb '09) Jun '11 jamie farr 15
More from around the web