NPS probe nets 20 suspected drug dealers

NPS probe nets 20 suspected drug dealers

There are 27 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Jun 11, 2010, titled NPS probe nets 20 suspected drug dealers. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

An investigation of drug use by students of the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey has netted the arrest of 20 suspected street-level drug dealers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Fpo, AE

#1 Jun 11, 2010
Okay, Herald. Which is it? Drug users at Naval Postgraduate School (doubt it) or Defense Language Institute (more likely)? Herald says NPS. TheCalifornian.com says DLI. They are two entirely different institutions, and for a local paper to screw that up is indefensible.

See http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/2010061...
Monterey County

United States

#2 Jun 11, 2010
The Herald is wrong....NO??????? They need to recheck what heir reporters are putting out!!
Steve

Risingsun, OH

#3 Jun 11, 2010
Thank you Monterey PD and NCIS for all your hard work.
SFO

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Jun 11, 2010
Mike wrote:
Okay, Herald. Which is it? Drug users at Naval Postgraduate School (doubt it) or Defense Language Institute (more likely)? Herald says NPS. TheCalifornian.com says DLI. They are two entirely different institutions, and for a local paper to screw that up is indefensible.
See http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/2010061...
First of all its DLI. Second to Mike I dont agree with you when you state NPS (I doubt), DLI (more likely). What are you trying to imply that ALL Military Officers do not make mistakes and dont abuse drugs? Come on lets be real Miltary Officers do make mistakes like taking drugs, it's just we dont hear about them. I for one have seen those happen. I've seen NPS Students pop for drugs before it was just handled very quitely. BTW, how's it going overseas (FPO AE)?
James

Monterey, CA

#5 Jun 11, 2010
It's DLI. Californian and tv news has DLI, not NPS.
NPS

Monterey, CA

#6 Jun 11, 2010
Please post a correction. The investigation and arrests were due to DLI, not the Naval Postgraduate School. Thank you.
media snark

Salinas, CA

#7 Jun 11, 2010
Why bother to get the facts first, before submitting the story Mr. Lopez? Did you get your credentials from the Acme School of Journalism?
NPS vs DLI

Carmel Valley, CA

#8 Jun 11, 2010
The KSBW newscast on this subject indicated that it is NPS.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/23863546/detail.html
Random Thought

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jun 11, 2010
Who cares what government agency they're in. This is a disgusting use of our tax dollars. I hope they all got dishonorable discharges. Drug addicts have no honor or integrity.
Kevin

Monterey, CA

#10 Jun 11, 2010
So how many did Mark Harmon personally "collar"?
Mike

Bahrain

#11 Jun 11, 2010
SFO wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all its DLI. Second to Mike I dont agree with you when you state NPS (I doubt), DLI (more likely). What are you trying to imply that ALL Military Officers do not make mistakes and dont abuse drugs? Come on lets be real Miltary Officers do make mistakes like taking drugs, it's just we dont hear about them. I for one have seen those happen. I've seen NPS Students pop for drugs before it was just handled very quitely. BTW, how's it going overseas (FPO AE)?
James,

I busted my own Operations Officer (a lieutenant) for heroine use, and he eventually ended up ODing on speedballs the day he got out of the brig. Now he's 6 feet under. So, no, I don't imply that "ALL" military officers don't abuse drugs. However, the fact is that enlisted Sailors are much more likely to abuse drugs than officers. That's why I used the phrase "doubt it" and "more likely." The stats favor my allegation.

It's hot where I'm at. 157F with the Heat Index. Thanks for asking.:D
Mike

Bahrain

#12 Jun 11, 2010
Sorry, last message was addressed to SFO, not James.
ted

Monterey, CA

#13 Jun 11, 2010
The reason several outlets picked this up as NPS is that the NCIS agent screwed up and told the media that it was NPS...
Crack Baby

Monterey, CA

#14 Jun 11, 2010
I know a few of these folks, hopefully this will be a wake up call for them so they can get the help they were looking for when I first met 'em....
Cain

United States

#15 Jun 11, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
James,
I busted my own Operations Officer (a lieutenant) for heroine use, and he[....]
Which heroine was he using, Batgirl, The Huntress or the Black Canary? I'd prefer to use (or be used by) The Huntress myself.

Sorry.
Random Rants

Salinas, CA

#16 Jun 11, 2010
Lesley works at Safeway in Monterey. Busted for selling drugs...go figure.
Claire

United States

#17 Jun 11, 2010
How dare you misidentify the school that was involved in this!! I work at NPS and we are appalled that you could not even name the correct school. So how can we trust you to get these charges right?? NPS and DLI are two distinctly different institutions and you can't even tell the difference between them? Unbelievable.
nice

Marina, CA

#21 Jun 13, 2010
Make drugs legal and save money on lengthy investigations!
nice

Marina, CA

#22 Jun 13, 2010
Legalise weed!
PGHS Alumni

Marina, CA

#23 Jun 13, 2010
Ok, so am I missing something? We have a bunch of local's selling drugs. Any names released so we know who to keep our kids away from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Pasta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News cold, economy drive more homeless to seek help (Dec '08) Nov 12 Kenny Nichols 5
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May '15 Mike 8
News Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug '14 Plain Simple 16
News Cannery Row - Monterey Bay Adventures (Dec '09) Sep '13 Old Timer 5
News Roshni Singh was strangled (Oct '08) Oct '12 denu 17
News Salyer American shuts its doors (May '09) Jul '12 A Ghost From the ... 14
News Monterey Sheriff's Son Arrested After Drugs Found (Jun '11) Jun '11 Freebo 2
More from around the web