Two stabbed in Monterey; injuries "not life-threatening"

Two teens were sent to San Jose hospitals Monday after they were stabbed in what Monterey police are investigating as a gang-related attack. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DiZZ

Monterey, CA

#25 Dec 15, 2010
Are the hospitals in this area so ill equipped that that can't even treat flesh wounds? WTF!
Kim

United States

#27 Dec 15, 2010
Oh no! I run past here all the time!! I wonder if PD will start making more of a presence on the trail.
Monterey Bay Boy

Salinas, CA

#28 Dec 15, 2010
for those saying oh no its spreading, you must be new to the area,gangs have been in monterey for a long time, they dont make there presence well known but the young ones do from time to time,growing up here all my life, me and my friends had run ins with nortenos in pacific grove and surenos in monterey and vice versa, half of them are not even mexican, they have whites, philipino's and a couple blacks.The police have known this from the get go because alot have been arrested for petty and violent crimes, not all gangmembers come from poor roots, they are misguided and most just bored ,some do it just to look cool, i have actually gotten to know some that have grown out of it an moved on with life,i think it has to do alot with the communities here, people care and look out for each other how could you want to persue gang life when you see so much good all over town. If you happen to be around one you could discremenate all you want but that wont fix nothing that just spreads the hate, why not try to shed some light into someone that has lost there way or did not even get a chance to choose because of all the hardships they go through as teenagers an kids that make them look for family love out in the streets, i do what god would do an wake these people up and snap out of it, remember peace not hate my friends.
Water-Viewer

Monterey, CA

#29 Dec 15, 2010
Kim wrote:
Oh no! I run past here all the time!! I wonder if PD will start making more of a presence on the trail.
PD does patrol the rec-trail during the summer time on bicycles. Why not year 'round? I don't know.
agreed

Monterey, CA

#31 Dec 17, 2010
Monterey Bay Boy wrote:
for those saying oh no its spreading, you must be new to the area,gangs have been in monterey for a long time, they dont make there presence well known but the young ones do from time to time,growing up here all my life, me and my friends had run ins with nortenos in pacific grove and surenos in monterey and vice versa, half of them are not even mexican, they have whites, philipino's and a couple blacks.The police have known this from the get go because alot have been arrested for petty and violent crimes, not all gangmembers come from poor roots, they are misguided and most just bored ,some do it just to look cool, i have actually gotten to know some that have grown out of it an moved on with life,i think it has to do alot with the communities here, people care and look out for each other how could you want to persue gang life when you see so much good all over town. If you happen to be around one you could discremenate all you want but that wont fix nothing that just spreads the hate, why not try to shed some light into someone that has lost there way or did not even get a chance to choose because of all the hardships they go through as teenagers an kids that make them look for family love out in the streets, i do what god would do an wake these people up and snap out of it, remember peace not hate my friends.
I agree. Monterey's dirty secret is that it has ALOT of gangmembers living in the city but are part of gangs from Seaside. The North Fremont Area ( North Monterey) where the stabbing took place was also the scene of a gang shooting at quik stop a few months ago and is Monterey's Ghetto (between del monte north fremont + Casanova Ave). Anyone who lives or goes around Montecito Park knows that gangmembers frequent that park as well as Laguna Grande Park, which has always got illegal immigrants hanging out playing soccer.

WE NEED ICE RAIDS. deport the illegals, crack down on code violations that allow all those immigrants who live on montecito, ramona, dela vina, casa verde, casanova and virgin ave with 5 people living in a 1 bed aprtment.
Water-Viewer

United States

#32 Dec 17, 2010
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Monterey's dirty secret is that it has ALOT of gangmembers living in the city but are part of gangs from Seaside. The North Fremont Area ( North Monterey) where the stabbing took place was also the scene of a gang shooting at quik stop a few months ago and is Monterey's Ghetto (between del monte north fremont + Casanova Ave). Anyone who lives or goes around Montecito Park knows that gangmembers frequent that park as well as Laguna Grande Park, which has always got illegal immigrants hanging out playing soccer.
WE NEED ICE RAIDS. deport the illegals, crack down on code violations that allow all those immigrants who live on montecito, ramona, dela vina, casa verde, casanova and virgin ave with 5 people living in a 1 bed aprtment.
I agree with 5 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment. I used to live around there and saw it all the time. Since then I've moved but really noticed it around that neighborhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Pasta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug '14 Plain Simple 16
Cannery Row - Monterey Bay Adventures (Dec '09) Sep '13 Old Timer 5
Roshni Singh was strangled (Oct '08) Oct '12 denu 17
Salyer American shuts its doors (May '09) Jul '12 A Ghost From the ... 14
Monterey Sheriff's Son Arrested After Drugs Found (Jun '11) Jun '11 Freebo 2
Letters: Mayor says numbers are wrong (Feb '09) Jun '11 jamie farr 15
Support strong for MPUSD bond (Nov '10) Apr '11 Dixie 64

Monterey Pasta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE