Local Catholics address gang violence...

Local Catholics address gang violence by taking part in Salinas...

There are 32 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Mar 26, 2010, titled Local Catholics address gang violence by taking part in Salinas.... In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Holy Cross Catholic Church parishioners are heeding a new call this weekend. A delegation of churchgoers will travel to Salinas on Saturday morning to take part in the Stand Up for Peace procession, an anti-gang violence event organized by the Diocese of Monterey and Communities Organized for Relational Power in Action.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Watch out

Ben Lomond, CA

#24 Mar 26, 2010
Look at the religious world with the understanding that there is no god. These are con artist institutions promoting eternal life after death with a belief in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny.

Yes, stop the violence, but look the other way with the molestation of 200 deaf children. How can anyone state data claiming that only 1 in xxx number are molesters. Its so bizarre that anyone would become so whacked as to commit their life to a fairy tale of a benefactor from outer space (ie, heaven) is incomprehensible. Yes, religion is the opiate of the masses.

Now, the Golden Rule. That makes sense and makes no mention of a deity. That's what I practice, including this retort people.

Since: Aug 08

Los Banos, CA

#25 Mar 26, 2010
I would be interested in hearing from those who said, "I am Catholic but no longer go to Church" or "I am Catholic and practice in my own way".

Can you pls explain to me how you consider yourself Catholic but do not take the sacraments or decide what you can and cannot do. That does not sound Catholic to me.
RobtA

San Rafael, CA

#27 Mar 26, 2010
When the Catholic church stops providing sanctuary, and stops political advocacy for open borders and amnesty, THEN gang violence will go down.
Better Yet

United States

#30 Mar 26, 2010
RobtA wrote:
When the Catholic church stops providing sanctuary, and stops political advocacy for open borders and amnesty, THEN gang violence will go down.
They should hand out condoms. We've all seen the poor latinos at discount stores not paying any attention to their little "gifts from god" (LOL), running around the store bumping into people.
prostacathlish

San Jose, CA

#31 Mar 26, 2010
Watch out wrote:
Look at the religious world with the understanding that there is no god. These are con artist institutions promoting eternal life after death with a belief in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny.
Yes, stop the violence, but look the other way with the molestation of 200 deaf children. How can anyone state data claiming that only 1 in xxx number are molesters. Its so bizarre that anyone would become so whacked as to commit their life to a fairy tale of a benefactor from outer space (ie, heaven) is incomprehensible. Yes, religion is the opiate of the masses.
Now, the Golden Rule. That makes sense and makes no mention of a deity. That's what I practice, including this retort people.
I Have faith that you have a Brain ..even if I cant see it
Anti Catholic

Grass Valley, CA

#32 Mar 26, 2010
Gordo Honky wrote:
<quoted text>Give the church some credit. Few priests are perverts, and the vast majority DO practice peaceful and useful love to all. It's always one bad apple (1 of 1000?/1 of 10,000?) that spoils the whole dang bunch.
Do the math: People Parrish under non profit, reduce women to "nun," and have children eat eggs that rabbits lay in the springtime.

If that isn't enough for you, consider Vatican Age of Consent is for children only 12.

This last item was instituted as recent as the '60's.

Comes down to fundemental psychology, really. Basic brainwash techniques as discovered by Freud, Jung, Pavlov, Pieget, and even Einstein.

Scary thing too is some of these "parrishoners" are MD's, City Attorneys, and Real Estate professionals.. in a region they are succeeding to deplete from an area wide de-population so they can continue on to support their piccadillos, or, erm, "fetishes."

Catholicsm is considered a "cult" - but also a form of fraud.. and for very good reason.

These people are fascinated by human suffering.. bigoted as hell, and engage actively in non profit fraud, scams, labor theft, and sex trafficking.

Many of them will be the first to say "pro-choice" and, "there's too many people in the country."

The Catholic Institutional Conditioning context is all brainwashing - heavily asserted by ritual and chronic self defacement.

Will have people recite that they're, "not worthy" - and tell people that less than living wage is "good for the character."

What's really appalling is that these wispy eyed participants get $2 tax return from the government for every $1 they donate. And Sam Farr just loves to endorse their little clique.

The Vatican proves to be a very evil enterprise and should be banned from the country.. but don't take some downtown kook evangelical born again bigots word for it.. more than sufficient evidence exists how this institution runs nothing but interference - and the new era generation ain't buying it.

The older generation appears defeated and thoroughly brainwashed.. and the younger generation are bewildered, exasperated and defiant (and insolent at best, yet certainly unemployable).

What could be more vulgar than some "Catholic" who whines this isn't about, "me" and, "let it go, move on, forget about it." Or even, your bonehead inaccurate statistic. Take 1 in 2.

Then it gets really obscene when considering what the Vatican's active role was during Nazi German holocaust.

We really need to strip them from their non profit tax exempt status ASAP.. This latest is really a PR stunt to invoke sympathy and compassion preying on the human decency.

They care nothing about violent crime other than to relish in it like a bunch of Toms.

Pretty sick culture. Sentinel has punctured itself so many coffin nails over glorifying this satanic institution alone. Direct corrolery to the demise of this newspaper.
Harvey the Invisable

Grass Valley, CA

#33 Mar 26, 2010
prostacathlish wrote:
<quoted text>
I Have faith that you have a Brain ..even if I cant see it
Hilarious. Comparing the tooth fairy with the Easter bunny.

The Easter bunny are represented by hares or rabbits that do nothing but destroy ecology and sack crops.. not that the Catholic Institutional conditioning context will help you any. Hell, you'll walk away from these worship services thinking the 'easter egg' is the immaculate conception!

Yikes. Hares and Rabbits have litters, and breed like crazy. What sort of eggs do you think they would lay, then? The chocolate kind. Get it? yuk. For real.

I wouldn't be surprised these Catholic priests think they're praying to a rabbit.
Mr Rabbit

San Jose, CA

#34 Mar 26, 2010
What the Hell..Rabbits taste good in white wine & don't hang around fig tree's
chi chi

Salinas, CA

#35 Mar 26, 2010
Chavo del eight wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!! I grew up in Watsonville and I know this too often. People raising families out of their means. But they sure can slap some DUBs on their cars.
hola compa!

please do not forget the bumpy boots, skintight jeans, & silky shirts.
Donny Darko

Los Gatos, CA

#36 Mar 27, 2010
Mr Rabbit wrote:
You don't enjoy rabbit blood added with your red wine around here, by any chance no? Think maybe bugs bunny eating carrots had anything to do with that one scene from, "Gone with the Wind" -?

Every person I met who says they eat that worm they call a "rabbit" are complete ditses .. can't do the math, or sustain the economy other than just freeload off other people's taxes.

We need to DEMAND revoking tax exemption benefits from these religious franchises. Whatta scam! "Off with their heads," for crying out loud.
March Hare

Los Gatos, CA

#37 Mar 27, 2010
Mr Rabbit wrote:
Tell me, "Mr. Rabbit" .. what would rabbits have to do with fig trees?

Local area is famous over this guinnea fetish, another form of rabbit.

Can you explain?
Thumper

Los Gatos, CA

#38 Mar 27, 2010
Rabbits LOVE fig branches!

www.rabbit.org for enthusiasts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Pasta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May '15 Mike 8
News Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug '14 Plain Simple 16
News Cannery Row - Monterey Bay Adventures (Dec '09) Sep '13 Old Timer 5
News Roshni Singh was strangled (Oct '08) Oct '12 denu 17
News Salyer American shuts its doors (May '09) Jul '12 A Ghost From the ... 14
News Monterey Sheriff's Son Arrested After Drugs Found (Jun '11) Jun '11 Freebo 2
News Letters: Mayor says numbers are wrong (Feb '09) Jun '11 jamie farr 15
More from around the web