Farm Bureau calls for greater lobbying

Farm Bureau calls for greater lobbying

There are 4 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Dec 7, 2010, titled Farm Bureau calls for greater lobbying. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Farmers can't turn California into a Republican state, but they can influence legislation by increasing lobbying efforts and donations, the state Farm Bureau Federation's president told the group's annual convention in Monterey on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Reality

Monterey, CA

#1 Dec 7, 2010
In the meantime you can spray dangerous poisons on the field so you have the greatest productivity. More bang for your buck, but don't worry we don't mind the health issues associated with it. As long as your getting paid... what a bunch of crap. I'm so glad I have my own garden screw the Ag business...
vigilannie

Seaside, CA

#2 Dec 7, 2010
totally agree w/ Reality---poisonous productivity trumps all for the ag industry; BUY FROM ORGANIC, INDEPENDENT SMALL FARMS for your health
Mexicans Terrorists

Salinas, CA

#3 Dec 7, 2010
I wonder what effect these chemicals will have on the pickers longevity?
Annoyed

Chico, CA

#4 Dec 7, 2010
MORE lobbyists???? That must be so the Lundbergs can make some money....The Old Fashioned Way:

First you review all the State and Federal give-a-way programs then, as the first family of rice has done, you set up phoney shell companies for each family member, even infants, and each will now get the full benifit of government programs.....a real money maker. Public money well spent is what I call it.

Now perhaps they can even pull this off with unborn children if they can only do more effective lobbying. I'm sure good old loyal wally herger will help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Pasta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May '15 Mike 8
News Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug '14 Plain Simple 16
News Cannery Row - Monterey Bay Adventures (Dec '09) Sep '13 Old Timer 5
News Roshni Singh was strangled (Oct '08) Oct '12 denu 17
News Salyer American shuts its doors (May '09) Jul '12 A Ghost From the ... 14
News Monterey Sheriff's Son Arrested After Drugs Found (Jun '11) Jun '11 Freebo 2
News Letters: Mayor says numbers are wrong (Feb '09) Jun '11 jamie farr 15
More from around the web