Monterey High student arrested after ...

Monterey High student arrested after knife attack

There are 18 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from May 5, 2010, titled Monterey High student arrested after knife attack. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Monterey police said a 14-year-old boy was a arrested today on suspicion of attempted murder after he stabbed another student in front of Monterey High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

AJC

Monterey, CA

#1 May 5, 2010
Whats it all coming to....14 yrs old or not....something has to be done with this BS, ya keep hearing rap songs about violence....this is the kind of kid you end up with....plaine and simple....you can bitch and moan all you want....but rap is someone's story that they should keep to themselfs
julia

Sherwood, AR

#3 May 5, 2010
Aren't kids suppose to go to school to learn? This kid will be a thug for the rest of his life.
zzzz

Salinas, CA

#4 May 5, 2010
In KSBW displayed the stabbing took place in Salinas. They need to correct it.
The Last Spartan

United States

#6 May 5, 2010
Administrators not doing their jobs once again. When school lets out there needs to be an administrative presence on campus. When the principal is hiding in the office instead of being out and about-- these sorts of incidents are more likely to happen. Poor leadership leads to an unsafe campus. I saw it happen at my school in a matter of a few years after our principal retired.
another person

Salinas, CA

#7 May 5, 2010
julia wrote:
Remember when WHITE BOYS did hard rock on stage biting chicken heads off.Also remember when WHITE PARENTS did not want little Johnnie to listen to RAP music?,Then these same parent found out there was plenty of MONEY in it.It is so sad in AMERICA when satan lead people get what is coming to them for being so MEAN.Hope you see what happen in MISSISSIPPI.

this has nothing to deal with religion or with rock and rap music. You really don't know what your talking about.
jiji

Salinas, CA

#8 May 5, 2010
the kid was just unstable, that's why he stabed the victim. Lets stop blaming rap music and ethinicity, also even if the principal was patrolling his campus, he still would of stabed the kid.
concerned

Salinas, CA

#9 May 5, 2010
who got stabbed
Sadden

Seaside, CA

#13 May 6, 2010
The Last Spartan wrote:
Administrators not doing their jobs once again. When school lets out there needs to be an administrative presence on campus. When the principal is hiding in the office instead of being out and about-- these sorts of incidents are more likely to happen. Poor leadership leads to an unsafe campus. I saw it happen at my school in a matter of a few years after our principal retired.
There are others who are out on campus, Campus Monitors and School Liaison
Citizen Joe

Salinas, CA

#14 May 6, 2010
We drove by the high school after this happened- emergency vehicles all over this place including the city fire department's ladder truck! If we have to send the entire municipal cavalry for every incident, it's no wonder that the budget is strained. A ladder truck fer chissakes!
SalinasResident

United States

#15 May 6, 2010
I hear Monterey Pony is now considering not letting it's own teams play in Monterey due to safety concerns.
Monterey Citizen

San Jose, CA

#16 May 6, 2010
Citizen Joe wrote:
We drove by the high school after this happened- emergency vehicles all over this place including the city fire department's ladder truck! If we have to send the entire municipal cavalry for every incident, it's no wonder that the budget is strained. A ladder truck fer chissakes!
This was done to block the street and the fire station is only a few feet away, so I can't imagine huge costs with this. I wonder what Dan Searle thinks of this youth violence in his back yard, should he consider youth baseball games just blocks away from Monterey High ???

Youth violence is out of control everywhere... There needs to be metal dedicators and checking for drugs at every school at every entrance. But, reality is this could have happened at a park, at the mall and so forth. This child needs counseling as so his parents...

Since: Sep 09

Carmel Valley, CA

#20 May 6, 2010
johnny wrote:
now we have ...
You are a blatant racist. Please stop making comments like this.
nmcparent

Marina, CA

#21 May 6, 2010
Where in this article does it say that the kid is mexican? I am a parent of 2 teenage boys who do not attend Monterey High but have played football or baseball against this school and those kids are no better than any other kids in this county, after winning a football game played at Monterey High several of our team players had their Ipods, phones, etc stolen from their backpacks and Monterey administration did NOTHING! and dont get me started on the parents-
MTRY

Monterey, CA

#23 May 6, 2010
nmcparent wrote:
Where in this article does it say that the kid is mexican? I am a parent of 2 teenage boys who do not attend Monterey High but have played football or baseball against this school and those kids are no better than any other kids in this county, after winning a football game played at Monterey High several of our team players had their Ipods, phones, etc stolen from their backpacks and Monterey administration did NOTHING! and dont get me started on the parents-
This has nothing to do with ALL monterey high kids. I was a graduate in 2007 and nothing ever happend like this during the four years i was there. You shouldnt leave a cell phone, i-pod, cd's or any valuables in a backpack that is not locked. It could have been ANYONE who stole those items.
Mpusdparent

United States

#24 May 6, 2010
The Last Spartan wrote:
Stop blaming the schools!!!
Mpusd is in shambles and getting worse with every year no matter who has been in charge!
But parents refusing to parent is the reason kids behave the way they do! Johnnie see, Johnnie do!!!
Start making these parents accountable, except most of these kids come from homes where mom and pop are either in or should be in, prison!
oh geez

Salinas, CA

#27 May 6, 2010
I think its Chuck Norris' fault!!!
Sorry, everyone was blaming other people instead of the 14 year old with a knife who stabbed another 14 year old. Call me crazy, but i think its HIS fault
NoNameeee

Monterey, CA

#28 May 6, 2010
I go to MHS, I was walking downtown when i saw police cars and ambulances coming to my school. I wanted to turn around and see what happened cause they stopped at my school, but i didnt really think about that. I think i know who got stabbed and why. but im not going to say because im not for sure..
Gang Banger Promlem

Monterey, CA

#29 May 7, 2010
Salinas Residence wrote:
I hear Monterey Pony is now considering not letting it's own teams play in Monterey due to safety concerns.
You just can't get over the fact that you live in a "Gang Banger Town", I think I might have the same denial issues that you do. You will be O.K. Just don't let your family go out at night, don't let them wear blue or red and by all means don't look at anyone longer than five seconds, they might think you are "Mad Dog-gin Them" which, I have been told, means you want to fight. Oh, pay close attention to anyone approaching your car, there have been "Carjackings" lately. Basically cover your butt at all times, I hope new leadership will help rid Salinas of the "Gang Problem" for ever. Let it goooooo, Bro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Pasta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May '15 Mike 8
News Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug '14 Plain Simple 16
News Cannery Row - Monterey Bay Adventures (Dec '09) Sep '13 Old Timer 5
News Roshni Singh was strangled (Oct '08) Oct '12 denu 17
News Salyer American shuts its doors (May '09) Jul '12 A Ghost From the ... 14
News Monterey Sheriff's Son Arrested After Drugs Found (Jun '11) Jun '11 Freebo 2
News Letters: Mayor says numbers are wrong (Feb '09) Jun '11 jamie farr 15
More from around the web