Four teenagers arrested in beer heist...

Four teenagers arrested in beer heist, two-hour chase

There are 25 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Four teenagers arrested in beer heist, two-hour chase. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Four teenagers were arrested early Tuesday after they allegedly stole beer from a Monterey convenience store, shot a clerk with a BB gun and led police on a chase for nearly two hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jon A

Petaluma, CA

#29 Oct 21, 2010
things that make u go hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your insight... I have to say, though, that a simple spelling error does not equate to ignorance, nor does ignorance imply someone cannot spell. Ignorance is a state of mind: not knowing the facts, uninformed.
The bottom line is that (generally speaking), unfortunately, this incredible opportunity (internet connection) to share one's persepctive on what is going on in our troubled society all too often becomes a mud-slinging fest stuck in 'us & them'. It's an 'US' world...we need each other.
Couldn't agree with you more, friend.
F-In-Loser

Salinas, CA

#30 Oct 21, 2010
Shame on You, Dogbert Rosco - "Gang banging Crime stops for Christmas because they are deep down all good Cathlics." You sound like an religion hating zealot. Gang bangers are not religious, nor are they Catholic. Shame on You Dogbert Rosco.
welldoyapunk

Salinas, CA

#32 Oct 21, 2010
The real question here is what brand of beer? I think this would be more telling of the state of mind these punks had. If it was cheap beer then they are stupid.

However, I do think the worst part of this incident is avoiding the police and that charge alone should be reason enough to put these "poor misunderstood kids" away.
marinacitizen

Monterey, CA

#33 Oct 21, 2010
Don't forget that they SHOT a person, granted it was a BB gun, what if they actually caused an injury! She could have been blinded. Do the crime, serve the time! Hopefully they weren't bailed out by a friend or family member.
welldoyapunk wrote:
The real question here is what brand of beer? I think this would be more telling of the state of mind these punks had. If it was cheap beer then they are stupid.
However, I do think the worst part of this incident is avoiding the police and that charge alone should be reason enough to put these "poor misunderstood kids" away.
Mexicans and Blood

United States

#35 Oct 22, 2010
imalign wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Just a small percentage of our future. There are a lot of teens in high school and college that we never hear about because they are minding their business and not getting into trouble. Instead of disparaging, we need to try to help this small minority of troubled kids. Right now they're just "play acting" as hoodlums, stick them in the criminal justice system and they'll become serious criminals real fast.
Killing is in their blood just like the problems we read about in Mexico everyday, they thrive on killing, violence and crime. This is no act, this is reality. I hope it does not come knocking at your door to convince you of their condition.. They are killers and should be removed from society, by "Death" when warranted. I know you are a caring soul but "beware" of becoming a target of these killers.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Pasta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May '15 Mike 8
News Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug '14 Plain Simple 16
News Cannery Row - Monterey Bay Adventures (Dec '09) Sep '13 Old Timer 5
News Roshni Singh was strangled (Oct '08) Oct '12 denu 17
News Salyer American shuts its doors (May '09) Jul '12 A Ghost From the ... 14
News Monterey Sheriff's Son Arrested After Drugs Found (Jun '11) Jun '11 Freebo 2
News Letters: Mayor says numbers are wrong (Feb '09) Jun '11 jamie farr 15
More from around the web