San Francisco Gold's Gym Leaves Compa...

San Francisco Gold's Gym Leaves Company Over CEO's Anti-Gay Donations

There are 18 comments on the EDGEdallas.com Business/Finance Feed story from Oct 26, 2010, titled San Francisco Gold's Gym Leaves Company Over CEO's Anti-Gay Donations. In it, EDGEdallas.com Business/Finance Feed reports that:

The billionaire CEO of TRT Holdings has joined three other mega-wealthy Republican backers to fund a so-called "grassroots" political action organization founded by Karl Rove.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEdallas.com Business/Finance Feed.

CHAS

Breckenridge, CO

#1 Oct 26, 2010
Those billionaires, along with the Koch brothers and Murdock are quietly spending millions to end unemployment insurance, social security and healthcare and they are duping millions of people into helping them.
Now you know where Palin, Glen Beck and right wing candidates are getting the big bucks in addition to what the health insurance companies are paying them.
Using your hate of gays is just another thing they use to get their people in office.

Suckers, you are being duped and your ignorance is going to take this country down.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Oct 26, 2010
from the article wrote:
"American Crossroads GPS took in over $5 million in June, and we’ll likely never know who is putting up the money."
.
Well Hon; don't you think that is really a NO-brainer!
.
WE are putting up the money
.
And now WE are taking our money and going home
.
Bye bye Gold's Gym
Too Little Too Late

Deer Park, TX

#3 Oct 26, 2010
CHAS wrote:
Those billionaires, along with the Koch brothers and Murdock are quietly spending millions to end unemployment insurance, social security and healthcare and they are duping millions of people into helping them.
Now you know where Palin, Glen Beck and right wing candidates are getting the big bucks in addition to what the health insurance companies are paying them.
Using your hate of gays is just another thing they use to get their people in office.
Suckers, you are being duped and your ignorance is going to take this country down.
End unemployment insurance, social security and healthcare? Seems like a worthy cause to me.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 26, 2010
Too Little Too Late wrote:
<quoted text>
End unemployment insurance, social security and healthcare? Seems like a worthy cause to me.
You are free to put your money where your mouth is, you know.

Tell all the elderly members of your extended family to refuse their social security checks, Medicare A and B and D, and then pay all their living, medical, and prescription expenses yourself.

Just hope to God that you don't find yourself unemployed while they're all depending on you for their sustenance.
leftatalbuquerqu e

Belleville, Canada

#5 Oct 26, 2010
JMichael in Fort Worth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to put your money where your mouth is, you know.
Tell all the elderly members of your extended family to refuse their social security checks, Medicare A and B and D, and then pay all their living, medical, and prescription expenses yourself.
Just hope to God that you don't find yourself unemployed while they're all depending on you for their sustenance.
And yet he would support a policy that collects tax dollars to build ridiculous amounts of weaponry and charge $10 000 for a hammer... but his neighbour deserves to suffer and die in a ditch...

and, if pressed, would profess to be a Christian, who was told by a gifted speaker 2000 years ago to treat a neighbour like a brother and whatever he did to the least of his brethren he did unto this teacher...
Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#6 Oct 27, 2010
Too Little Too Late wrote:
<quoted text>
End unemployment insurance, social security and healthcare? Seems like a worthy cause to me.
How nice for you, to be independently wealthy and not in need of any social service. I assume you are immune from losing a job and you and your parents are going to live healthy forever. Good for you.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Oct 27, 2010
I don't know if Gold's Gym is a beneficiary of Medicare Advantage plans, but some of these plans offer gym memberships to their policy holders. That means that they are actually making oodles of money from Medicare. In a perverse way I am looking forward to the Republicans (read Tea Party) making an attempt to cut Social Security and Medicare. Just imagine the faces on all those Tea-baggers faces when they realize just what they were fighting for. And then imagine what the voting would be like in 2012.
Ward Cleaver

New Windsor, NY

#8 Oct 27, 2010
Why not workout at home? These gyms are headed for extinction in this economic climate.Do you really have money to pay a personal trainer?
leftatalbuquerqu e

Belleville, Canada

#9 Oct 27, 2010
Ward Cleaver wrote:
Why not workout at home? These gyms are headed for extinction in this economic climate.Do you really have money to pay a personal trainer?
The last thing a gym is for is working out... trust me, I'm a trainer!!

Seriously, it's a community, it's a social outlet, it's a club, it's a place to meet and flirt and maybe meet someone to have an interesting conversation with... gyms are about more than pumping iron. I've worked for 11 years as a coach at the YMCA - while Golds and the Y have their differences, they both also provide an environment for people to face themselves... and maybe work on their physique, keep healthy, network... it's what you need it to be.
Ward Cleaver

New Windsor, NY

#10 Oct 27, 2010
You are probably correct in that it is a social environment. My point was that in this economy with unemployment etc it is not a priority.
Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#11 Oct 27, 2010
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
.
Well Hon; don't you think that is really a NO-brainer!
.
WE are putting up the money
.
And now WE are taking our money and going home
.
Bye bye Gold's Gym
What a mess. There are two huge Gold's gyms in Palm Springs and they have like 70% gay clients. I bet there will be heads swimming out here today at this news.

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Oct 09

Clarksville TN

#12 Oct 27, 2010
RalphB wrote:
I don't know if Gold's Gym is a beneficiary of Medicare Advantage plans, but some of these plans offer gym memberships to their policy holders. That means that they are actually making oodles of money from Medicare. In a perverse way I am looking forward to the Republicans (read Tea Party) making an attempt to cut Social Security and Medicare. Just imagine the faces on all those Tea-baggers faces when they realize just what they were fighting for. And then imagine what the voting would be like in 2012.
They wouldn't do anything foolish until they have Pres Obama out of office. Anything like that he would veto, I hope.
Too Little Too Late

Deer Park, TX

#13 Oct 27, 2010
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>How nice for you, to be independently wealthy and not in need of any social service. I assume you are immune from losing a job and you and your parents are going to live healthy forever. Good for you.
I'm not wealthy, but I am self sufficient. I am immune to losing a job, because I will never depend on the government to sustain me. Whatever it take to provide for my family and myself will be provided by me and not Barack Obama.
Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#14 Oct 27, 2010
Too Little Too Late wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wealthy, but I am self sufficient. I am immune to losing a job, because I will never depend on the government to sustain me. Whatever it take to provide for my family and myself will be provided by me and not Barack Obama.
Ain't you lucky? Now, how are the other 299,999,995 going to get by like you do?
Ward Cleaver

New Windsor, NY

#15 Oct 28, 2010
Unfortunately no one is immune from a job loss. Even self employed can lose so many customers or clients that their income is drastically reduced.
Kanyakumari tourist place

Chennai, India

#16 Nov 15, 2010
nice i like it..........
__________

[url=http://www.sangamgrouphot els.com]kanyakumari tour packages[/url]|[url=http://www .sangamgrouphotels.com]Kanyaku mari tourists spots[/url]|[url=http://www.sa ngamgrouphotels.com]Kanyakumar i Tours and travels[/url]
Too Little Too Late

Deer Park, TX

#17 Nov 16, 2010
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't you lucky? Now, how are the other 299,999,995 going to get by like you do?
It has nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with self respect.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Nov 16, 2010
Too Little Too Late wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wealthy, but I am self sufficient. I am immune to losing a job, because I will never depend on the government to sustain me. Whatever it take to provide for my family and myself will be provided by me and not Barack Obama.
Nobody is "self-sufficient". You're obviously pretty damn wealthy, and NOBODY creates that by themselves. You had an education, and you've had opportunity, because you're fortunate enough to be in this great country. You owe something back as a result. Nobody "Depends on the government to sustain them," but PLENTY of people aren't as fortunate as you, and do need HELP from the government, and while you look down your nose from your high horse at them, there's not a damn thing wrong with that. Not one thing. The only shame is in people refusing to help others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Public Storage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City officials, police work to curb thefts at S... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Paul Mendoza 3
News Public Storage Secures $700M Loan (Dec '13) Aug '14 Seth Ashford 2
News Public Storage's Cumulative Preferred Share of ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jak Manson 1
News Self-Storage Associations and Operators Combat ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jak Manson 1
News Self-Storage REIT Public Storage Opens 12-Story... (Jul '13) Nov '13 James harrison 4
News Public Storage: Positioned For The New Industri... (Aug '13) Aug '13 bills8091 1
Storage in Maclean (Jul '13) Jul '13 5Star Angel 1
More from around the web