This area is ripe to become a hotbed of wind energy

With the controversy surrounding the proposed oil-fueled peaking plant in Asheville, Progress Energy might benefit from presenting a fuller picture of their operations in regards to demand in relation to time ... Full Story
tom S

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2007
Yes, but as soon as you want to put a wind turbine on a ridgetop in WNC, all the environmentalists will oppose, proving that what they really oppose is progress.
wake up

Maiden, NC

#2 Feb 18, 2007
Not to mention all the yankees or floridiots moving here would whine about the views the same way the lefty kook Kennedys fought the wind turbines a company wanted to build off the coast next to their beach homes because it ruined their view.
Trent Walker

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2007
perhaps that is because the enviormental activist in this state, were able to get the state legislature to ban any windmill construction in our mountains, or on the coast of North Carolina. Typical of enviormentalist groups. Can't fix the problem because that creates a new problem. perhaps we should just go back to using candles. but then, I might be hitting on their real agenda there, huh.

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Since: Feb 07

Albermarle

#4 Feb 19, 2007
Oh MY!

What about all the wildlife they will kill with these fan blades ...

This is sooo tragic ...

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Location hidden

#5 Feb 19, 2007
If they build them high enough, it shouldn't bother the deer and the bear, but might take out a few of those darn Canadian geese!! LOL
Whats fer supper, Ma?

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Albermarle

#6 Feb 19, 2007
Mtnbred wrote:
If they build them high enough, it shouldn't bother the deer and the bear, but might take out a few of those darn Canadian geese!! LOL
Whats fer supper, Ma?
What if the carcass falls into Biltmore
Forest or the Lake

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Progress Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Progress seeks rate hikes; New Bern electric co... (Feb '13) Feb '13 ann sorocki 1
Power companies want to pay less for solar energy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Solarman 2
Feds launch special inspection at Shearon Harri... (May '12) May '12 Charles 1
Is this a power line hazard? (Apr '12) Apr '12 Howard 2
SC, NC Regulators OK Duke-Progress Merger Accord (Sep '11) Sep '11 DENO 1
Progress Energy aiming for 96% restoration by m... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Rhu 1
Crews from around the nation help to get power ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 marinda lewis get... 1

Progress Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE