Progress Energy meter mix-up ticks off customer

Full story: Orlando Sentinel
Dear Greg: On Dec. 12, I came home to find my electricity shut off. I immediately reported it to Progress Energy . Full Story
Sarah 75

Orlando, FL

#1 Feb 14, 2008
"I get paid by the hour and I'm very busy." ?!?!?!
I hope your salesman was reported to his manager. Skanky people like that are the reason why people hate car dealerships.
Joann

Tampa, FL

#2 Feb 14, 2008
I think Progress Energy is wonderful! I have had financial difficulty for a few months and have had to request payment arrangements. I was treated very nicely and they always granted my request without question.

Be nice and they will be.

“Try walking on water!!!”

Since: Feb 08

Altamonte Springs

#3 Feb 14, 2008
Progress is ok....I think the deposit to get my electric turned was outrageous....... I have never had to pay such a high amount to get my service turned on!
LISA

Apopka, FL

#4 Feb 14, 2008
Why is progress energy getting an attitude with the customer it was there mistake. What ever happened to good customer svc.
Buzbee

Winter Garden, FL

#5 Feb 14, 2008
I have never had a problem with Progress. I think they are a fine group of people. Besides, I belive Daisy Lynum provided most of the customer service training for the employee's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Progress Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Progress seeks rate hikes; New Bern electric co... (Feb '13) Feb '13 ann sorocki 1
Power companies want to pay less for solar energy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Solarman 2
Feds launch special inspection at Shearon Harri... (May '12) May '12 Charles 1
Is this a power line hazard? (Apr '12) Apr '12 Howard 2
SC, NC Regulators OK Duke-Progress Merger Accord (Sep '11) Sep '11 DENO 1
Progress Energy aiming for 96% restoration by m... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Rhu 1
Crews from around the nation help to get power ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 marinda lewis get... 1
More from around the web