PPL salary: PPL CEO salary

Full story: The Morning Call

The chairman, president and chief executive of energy and utility holding company PPL Corp.
Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Thinking

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Greed
Pissed Employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

This guy doesn't deserve on damned cent. He tried to turn a solid utility business into a marketing scam that lost near just as much money as it made. He completely ignored the utility side of the business. Well, turns out that the utility business is what is keeping PPL afloat!!! Meanwhile, we lost some valuable people and had to live with a pittance of a raise. This guy should be thrown out and the utilities should stay regulated! We managed to be successful over the years as a regulated utility, why should that change?
Worth it

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

A day in the life of miller the CEO:
8:00 AM - Make phone call: "Is the power on?"
"Yep"
5:00 PM - Make phone call : "Is it still on?"
"Yep"
From here

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

PP&L is doing it right. At least they are holding their CEO accountable for falling stock prices.

Stop being jealous. Success is not a crime.
Drew

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Just Thinking wrote:
Greed
No whats greedy is a bunch of whiners trying to take away someones legitimately earned money because its not fair.
CAROL

Kintnersville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Yet they refuse to spend the extra money to run the wires in a commercial area instead they insist on bringing them through the residential area with no concern about the home owners or the affect it could have on the wild life and environment. Just goes to show the only thing that the execs care about is making their millions in profits. Greed is destroying the country!
sports fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

amazed wrote:
Do the math, Einsteins. If JimM turned down his $5.6mil and returned it to the 1.4 million ppl customers, each customer would receive $4.00. That would be a real big help, wouldn't it?
That's not the point, and you know it.
And I think I know who YOU are, Einstein.
sports fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

The last PPL CEO wasn't paid nearly that much, and he was a happy camper.
This new guy should feel evil & guilty for raking in this kind of money.....and taking care of his former buddies from his previous job to boot. Hey...you know what they say.....what goes around, comes around. He'll get his one day.
PPL IS EVIL

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Change wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. Any one of us in here would take his job and compensation if we could. Go out and get a job as CEO or CFO and see how easy it is. I wish I made his money and I am trying to make more every year and it takes hard work. Pissing and moaning on the mcall comments section wont get you there. Do something to change your life!
How difficult can it be?

LEt's raise rates!!!

Lets layoff workers

Where's my millions of dollars in bonus's? I'm taking a coule of months off to sail in my new yacht?
PPL IS EVIL

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Drew wrote:
<quoted text>
Another useless idiot. Mr. Miller could work for nothing and spread what he earns among all those 200 people and they would make a whopping $28K a year.
You people are such hypocrites. As one previous poster stated if you could take his job and earn his salary you know you would.
I think we all know where Drew works
PPL IS EVIL

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Drew wrote:
<quoted text>
Another useless idiot. Mr. Miller could work for nothing and spread what he earns among all those 200 people and they would make a whopping $28K a year.
You people are such hypocrites. As one previous poster stated if you could take his job and earn his salary you know you would.
I'm sure the 200 or so people he laid off would take the 28K
Max

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Not a monpoly. Get solar. Get a generator. Get a wind turbine.

Oh I forgot, you WANT PPL because it's more convenient and less expensive. Guess you'll have to settle paying for management salaries.
Freedom Fighters wrote:
Its a monopoly jakazz. Ura **** just like Miller.
<quoted text>
Max

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Uh, there might be just a bit more to it than that.
PPL IS EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
How difficult can it be?
LEt's raise rates!!!
Lets layoff workers
Where's my millions of dollars in bonus's? I'm taking a coule of months off to sail in my new yacht?
Drew

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

PPL IS EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all know where Drew works
I don't work for PPL, I just look at stories and consider logic and reason. I do not allow myself to be swept away by envy like you and many other haters. Can you honestly look at yourself in the mirror and say you wouldn't take Jim Miller's job and his salary if you could?
Drew

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

PPL IS EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
How difficult can it be?
LEt's raise rates!!!
Lets layoff workers
Do you honestly believe that those raises in rates are paying for his high salary and no one elses? Look at PPL's earnings. His salary is a drop in the bucket to PPL's earnings and the entire workforce collectively for that matter. Stop arguing with emotion and look at the data.
Drew

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

CAROL wrote:
Yet they refuse to spend the extra money to run the wires in a commercial area instead they insist on bringing them through the residential area with no concern about the home owners or the affect it could have on the wild life and environment. Just goes to show the only thing that the execs care about is making their millions in profits. Greed is destroying the country!
Hey Carol do you work for a living? You better hope the company you work for is making a profit otherwise you could lose your job. Profits are not a bad thing. Business in not meant to be a charitable soup kitchen folks.
PPL IS EVIL

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Drew wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Carol do you work for a living? You better hope the company you work for is making a profit otherwise you could lose your job. Profits are not a bad thing. Business in not meant to be a charitable soup kitchen folks.
PPL made like 700 million last quarter. I guess that wasnt enough for those 200 workers.
stop the insanity

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Drew wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work for PPL, I just look at stories and consider logic and reason. I do not allow myself to be swept away by envy like you and many other haters. Can you honestly look at yourself in the mirror and say you wouldn't take Jim Miller's job and his salary if you could?
That's a good question. I don't know if I have an answer. I'm sure if I did I wouldn't screw the little guy as much as Jim Miller has.
Drew

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

PPL IS EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
PPL made like 700 million last quarter. I guess that wasnt enough for those 200 workers.
Run the numbers. Miller's yearly compensation is less than 1% of what PPL made in one quarter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent PPL Corp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PPL nuclear power plant officials detail licens... Jul '14 BDV 1
PPL Corp., Allentown, Announces Layoffs: PPL Co... (Feb '09) Nov '13 Scranton 181
Trial begins for businessmen accused of stealin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 silly rabbit 1
Allentown fire station roof ripped off by Sandy... (Oct '12) Oct '12 silly rabbit 1
PPL Holds First Co-Op Community Day - Regional ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Future not so bright 1
Power Out In Section Of Allentown - Regional Ne... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lance Smith - All... 4
PPL Chooses 6 Possible Routes For New Power Lin... (Jun '11) Jun '11 My Name 1

Search the PPL Corp Forum:
•••