PPL First Quarter Earnings: Down 7 pe...

PPL First Quarter Earnings: Down 7 percent from a year ago.

There are 11 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 1, 2009, titled PPL First Quarter Earnings: Down 7 percent from a year ago.. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

PPL Corporation this morning reported first quarter earnings of $241 million, or 64 cents per share, down 7 percent from the same period a year ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

FatBeard

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 1, 2009
Time to trim some fat.
Ina Hurry

Trenton, NJ

#2 May 1, 2009
Fcuk PPL, pardon my French... I don't care if they go under. They should allow for some more competition in the Valley, or give customers a dam break... We're, well I'm not getting a cent from the bailout, and they should be glad they're getting paid at all... And the same goes for RCN...
Obamination

Allentown, PA

#3 May 1, 2009
They are just cooking the books to help justify their 30% increase in the near future.

All crooks...like the politicians.
Pa Gal

Bethlehem, PA

#4 May 1, 2009
I find it impossible that PPL lost money recently..I do agree Obamination..something is not right and I would not believe anything that comes from PPL.
Roadkill

United States

#5 May 1, 2009
PPL has not reported an operating LOSS, just a slight reduction in the immense profits of last year. It's really not surprising, because people are starting to pay attention to unnecessary energy use.
bizarro world

Conshohocken, PA

#6 May 1, 2009
FatBeard wrote:
Time to trim some fat.
WRONG-O!!!

Profits are down, thus it's time for another rate increase.
FatBeard

Philadelphia, PA

#7 May 1, 2009
bizarro world wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG-O!!!
Profits are down, thus it's time for another rate increase.
yeah, actually you are probably right, unfortunately.
minesweep

Danielsville, PA

#8 May 2, 2009
Ina Hurry wrote:
I don't care if they go under. They should allow for some more competition in the Valley, or give customers a dam break...
“Pennsylvania consumers have the option to shop for electricity supply as an alternative to the default service prices offered by PPL Electric Utilities.”

”Customers of PPL Electric Utilities have few competitive options for electricity supply today because the company's generation charge for default service remains under a rate cap that was established in the 1990s.”

“Electricity suppliers have had to deal with increasing market prices for electricity in the last decade, and so have been unable to offer prices that can compete with PPL Electric Utilities' capped below-market rates, which will remain in effect through the end of 2009.”

“Rate caps already have ended for six electric utilities in Pennsylvania, and competition is growing in those areas. For example, according to the Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate, more than 20 percent of Duquesne Light's customers in the Pittsburgh area have chosen other electricity suppliers.”

http://www.smartbrief.com/news/aaaa/industryP...
minesweep

Danielsville, PA

#9 May 2, 2009
FatBeard wrote:
Time to trim some fat.
Union jobs are the next ones to go on the chopping block.
disturbing the earth

Allentown, PA

#10 May 4, 2009
PPL saves money and time by doing the unthinkable. Digging up graves. calling up foreman who says keep digging and put the bones back in the pole hole and cover it up.
rip

Allentown, PA

#11 May 5, 2009
I though it was illegal to did up a grave
disturbing the earth wrote:
PPL saves money and time by doing the unthinkable. Digging up graves. calling up foreman who says keep digging and put the bones back in the pole hole and cover it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PPL Corp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firefighters Contain East Allentown Blaze (May '08) Sep '16 silly rabbit 2
News PPL Ceo tells shareholders utility is poised fo... (May '15) May '15 logical 1
News PPL nuclear power plant officials detail licens... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BDV 1
News PPL Corp., Allentown, Announces Layoffs: PPL Co... (Feb '09) Nov '13 Scranton 181
News Trial begins for businessmen accused of stealin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 silly rabbit 1
News Allentown fire station roof ripped off by Sandy... (Oct '12) Oct '12 silly rabbit 1
News PPL Holds First Co-Op Community Day - Regional ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Future not so bright 1
More from around the web