Thousands Remain Without Power Day Af...

Thousands Remain Without Power Day After Storm - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ Allentown

There are 15 comments on the WFMZ story from Feb 3, 2011, titled Thousands Remain Without Power Day After Storm - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ Allentown. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Crews continue working to restore electricity to thousands of people who remain without a day after a massive ice storm brought down trees and power lines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Met

Bernville, PA

#1 Feb 3, 2011
Still?
BOB

AOL

#2 Feb 3, 2011
The good old days when we could loose electric and still have heat . The old coal stove heater worked well.

It makes one realize how our everyday life is controlled by big business.
anonymous

AOL

#3 Feb 3, 2011
Ours just went back on at 12 today.
joe

Easton, PA

#4 Feb 3, 2011
thank god for global warming,could you imagine how cold it would be without it!
Dave

Allentown, PA

#5 Feb 3, 2011
joe wrote:
thank god for global warming,could you imagine how cold it would be without it!
You might want to check out the weather in northern Canada and Greenland. They are experiencing warmer than normal temperatures.

Global warming doesn't necessarily mean the whole plant is warming now..Its creating warmer than normal areas that are causing dangerous fluctuations in weather and temperature in different locations.
Yogi

Hellertown, PA

#6 Feb 3, 2011
Hey Met, why don`t you get off your a$$ and go give those lineman a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate. You are a moron that has no idea of how a storm restoration works. You need to wake up and smell the coffee, better yet go get those guys some. You sound like a spoiled ungrateful idiot that hides behind a curtain and hollers at someone for which you haven`t got a clue. Like the saying goes (Got lights,thank a lineman) You try the job and see how great you are at it. Me ? Yep I have been a power lineman for 30 years and now retired.
Met

Bernville, PA

#7 Feb 3, 2011
Yogi....Shut up! Poor me, I was a lineman. Boo hoo! Did I say anything about what a poor job they are doing? No, I did not. It sounds like you are searching for some simpathy because of the life that you led. A job is a job. I'm sure when you were working and there was a power outage you and your crew were happy to get the overtime, and I know it is good money. They are not the only hero's that exist my friend. So, you sir need not fly off the handle!
Rachel Madcow

Stroudsburg, PA

#8 Feb 3, 2011
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to check out the weather in northern Canada and Greenland. They are experiencing warmer than normal temperatures.
Global warming doesn't necessarily mean the whole plant is warming now..Its creating warmer than normal areas that are causing dangerous fluctuations in weather and temperature in different locations.
I've heard thats the new Algore argument. "Global warming" doesn't always mean warming. Sometimes it means cooling. What a great way to push your agenda, form a debate where you can't be wrong. Question, what, exactly, is the "normal" temperature of the earth? And where is that written? And what caused the glaciers that, 15000 years ago, extended south into the pocono mountains, to melt? I do believe that was pre industrial revolution. Fact is the earths temp has always fluctuated and always will. Ocean levels rose and fell dramatically over the eons and will continue to do so regardless of wich light bulb you use.
DUMBANDDUMBER

Bernville, PA

#9 Feb 3, 2011
Rachel Madcow wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard thats the new Algore argument. "Global warming" doesn't always mean warming. Sometimes it means cooling. What a great way to push your agenda, form a debate where you can't be wrong. Question, what, exactly, is the "normal" temperature of the earth? And where is that written? And what caused the glaciers that, 15000 years ago, extended south into the pocono mountains, to melt? I do believe that was pre industrial revolution. Fact is the earths temp has always fluctuated and always will. Ocean levels rose and fell dramatically over the eons and will continue to do so regardless of wich light bulb you use.
Neither one of you know because you accept things that you know nothing about. The Earth, 15000 years old? Were you there?
Jimbo

Salfordville, PA

#10 Feb 3, 2011
Met wrote:
Yogi....Shut up! Poor me, I was a lineman. Boo hoo! Did I say anything about what a poor job they are doing? No, I did not. It sounds like you are searching for some simpathy because of the life that you led. A job is a job. I'm sure when you were working and there was a power outage you and your crew were happy to get the overtime, and I know it is good money. They are not the only hero's that exist my friend. So, you sir need not fly off the handle!
Wow you can tell Yogi was a lineman! LOL. Any money says he has a Harley, a big truck, and facial hair! Just playin with ya Yogi. But that is the stereotypical lineman. Anyway, ice in any city is brutal. The alley ways suck, no line truck can usually get down them. And every other footstep is some dude asking you when the power is going to be back. The coolest job in any storm is the cut and run guy.
Jerry

Bernville, PA

#11 Feb 3, 2011
You all should shut the f up! As a retired lineman, I can't remember one time when we didn't get power restored in no time! Nowadays everyone wants to suck up the OT! We had morals back then and were concerned about the people without power.
Tam

AOL

#12 Feb 3, 2011
BOB wrote:
The good old days when we could loose electric and still have heat . The old coal stove heater worked well.
It makes one realize how our everyday life is controlled by big business.
Kerosene heaters work good too, thats what we had running. I know today they would say those things are unsafe to use,but alot of people I know used them in the 80's and 90's and nothing happened to them. As long as you have some ventilation they are fine.
sick of it all

AOL

#13 Feb 3, 2011
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much, Dave! People just don't understand that just because we have gotten a lot of snow and ice these past few winters, doesn't also mean that we aren't experiencing global warming. Read "An Inconvenient Truth" and maybe some people will understand things a little better. Seriously. Other places in other parts of the world are having warmer than usual temps and more severe storms. Look at Australia. Please read up on things about global warming before saying it isn't really happening.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 3, 2011
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
and look at the history of the planet, not 50 years!
William Lombardo

Fayetteville, GA

#15 Feb 3, 2011
Here is a link on what to do if a tree hits your house.

http://www.treecrews.com/what-to-do-when-an-i...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PPL Corp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firefighters Contain East Allentown Blaze (May '08) Sep '16 silly rabbit 2
News PPL Ceo tells shareholders utility is poised fo... (May '15) May '15 logical 1
News PPL nuclear power plant officials detail licens... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BDV 1
News PPL Corp., Allentown, Announces Layoffs: PPL Co... (Feb '09) Nov '13 Scranton 181
News Trial begins for businessmen accused of stealin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 silly rabbit 1
News Allentown fire station roof ripped off by Sandy... (Oct '12) Oct '12 silly rabbit 1
News PPL Holds First Co-Op Community Day - Regional ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Future not so bright 1
More from around the web