PPL Customers Speak Out Against Hike ...

PPL Customers Speak Out Against Hike - Regional News - Lehigh Valle...

There are 31 comments on the WFMZ story from Jun 21, 2010, titled PPL Customers Speak Out Against Hike - Regional News - Lehigh Valle.... In it, WFMZ reports that:

State regulators want to know if you're all "charged up" about another possible PPL rate hike.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Zionhill, PA

#1 Jun 21, 2010
There are some people that are on a limited incomed . And we are one of them. It gets to expensive , and what happens when people like us can not afford it no more. This is crazy.

Since: Apr 09

Allentown

#2 Jun 21, 2010
OMFG! Are you kidding! These crooks are no better than someone holding up a liquor store!
Scared

Slatington, PA

#3 Jun 21, 2010
There is no way some families can afford all of these hikes! This is a shame! Shame in PPL! They are going to lose all of their customers when they all are unable to foot the bill anymore!
kikiz

Allentown, PA

#4 Jun 21, 2010
When is it going to stop? PPL's arrogance and lack of regard for the citizens of the Lehigh Valley are disgraceful. Why not do an article about the CEO of PPL and include his salaries, bonuses, and perks!
Soldier

Allentown, PA

#5 Jun 21, 2010
PPL go to he'll.... I'm gonna us ur electricity for 3 months and not pay the bill. I have limited income and can not pay u any more. I really wanna pay but ur forcing me to not pay u. U increase I don't pay u dum a s s. Go to hellllllll......,.....
Candy Cane

Reading, PA

#6 Jun 21, 2010
If you don't like the rate increase, stop using their product or use less of it. Man has lived for all but the last 120 years without electricity.
senior

Center Valley, PA

#7 Jun 21, 2010
what about the 20 million that ppl gave for a soccer field in the philly area it sure doesn't seem that they are low on funds."are they kidding.
WhatAWonderfulWo rld

Macungie, PA

#8 Jun 21, 2010
This is just in retaliation for all of the customers like myself, switching to a new provider. PPL is paying the CEO millions a year and this is just another slap to the working people who actually pay for electric and don't get assistance from a government program because we owe so much to the less fortunate. This is just crazy. I wish everyone could convert to solar and tell PPL to stick there electric lines right up there a s s
annoyed

Schnecksville, PA

#9 Jun 21, 2010
This is ridiculous... they are making it so people aren't able to survive... someone needs to take a good look at the BIG picture!
Irene

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Jun 21, 2010
But PPL could pay millions to have their name on the hockey stadium in Philadelphia....I guess someone has to pay for that.
Just can not handle this

United States

#11 Jun 21, 2010
This amounts to a more than 35 percent raise in electric costs, all to us who haven't even had a 2 percent raise in over 3 years and some of us, me included have had to take a 10 percent pay cut... raise the rates when things are going good, not when most of us have cut back on everything and don't know what to cut back on next. I have a cell phone, no landline, no cable, and I am buying my groceries at discount stores. Thank od I don't have a smoking or drinking addiction. I would be living on the streets!
Lehigh Valley

United States

#12 Jun 21, 2010
PPL, not that you care, but f to you. i hope to all rot in he'll. Nothing but a bunch of crooked, greedy bazturds. Rot, rot, rot, burn burn burn.

People unite, we can't stand for this crap anymore !!
Lehigh Valley

United States

#13 Jun 21, 2010
Irene wrote:
But PPL could pay millions to have their name on the hockey stadium in Philadelphia....I guess someone has to pay for that.
Soccer stadium, ht hockey,, bu it's even worse cause no-one cares about friggin soccer
mad as hell

Allentown, PA

#14 Jun 21, 2010
Candy Cane wrote:
If you don't like the rate increase, stop using their product or use less of it. Man has lived for all but the last 120 years without electricity.
DO YOU PAY AN ELECTRIC BILL, IF YOU DID YOU WOULD HAVE SOME IDEA WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE ELECTRIC OUT IN THE STICKS.
mad as hell

Allentown, PA

#15 Jun 21, 2010
Candy Cane wrote:
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THERE PRODUCT , IT'S ABOUT THEM BRINGING A PRODUCT TO YOU.
I DON'T BUY FROM PPL, BUT I MUST USE THEM TO GET IT TO MY HOUSE.
DO YOU SEE HOW IT WORKS.
mad as hell

Allentown, PA

#16 Jun 21, 2010
IF THESE ARE THE SAME STATE REGULATORS THAT LET THEM HAVE DEREGULATION ...DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME ...THEY WILL GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT.
AFTERALL LOOK HOW GOOD DEREGULATION WORKED SO FAR..
SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW THAT HAPPENED.
David

Allentown, PA

#17 Jun 21, 2010
PPL thinks the public is so naiive. They claim a division is not PPL, but all divisions got there with OUR money. Then they want to spend how much? on a soccer stadium. What is wrong here?
Deb

Macungie, PA

#18 Jun 21, 2010
Electricity costs are outrageous....who can live like this anymore. And the 30% rate hike that occurred in January was more like 50% in my bill.....what is that all about? Even changing to another supplier didn't help much. We are now living in the dark, taking cold showers and unplugging everything not in use just to try and keep up. GOOD GRIEF.
popcycle

Nazareth, PA

#19 Jun 21, 2010
those on top have the pencil,BUT they won't live forever.That's why we have Hospitals etc.
Bob

Allentown, PA

#20 Jun 21, 2010
Candy Cane wrote:
Well there is one moron in every bunch who will support the greedy scum of PPL. Are you a shareholder? Why don't you join hands with PPL and take a High Dive In A Low Bucket of S**t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PPL Corp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PPL Ceo tells shareholders utility is poised fo... (May '15) May '15 logical 1
News PPL nuclear power plant officials detail licens... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BDV 1
News PPL Corp., Allentown, Announces Layoffs: PPL Co... (Feb '09) Nov '13 Scranton 181
News Trial begins for businessmen accused of stealin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 silly rabbit 1
News Allentown fire station roof ripped off by Sandy... (Oct '12) Oct '12 silly rabbit 1
News PPL Holds First Co-Op Community Day - Regional ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Future not so bright 1
News Power Out In Section Of Allentown - Regional Ne... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lance Smith - All... 4
More from around the web