PPL stock owners rip exec's salary

Full story: The Morning Call
CEO Jim Miller defends compensation, saying it's performance-based. Stephen Miller May 21, 2009 PPL Corp. Full Story
lights out

Bethlehem, PA

#1 May 21, 2009
Imagine what he Mr. Miller will earn or get when that 30% increase goes into effect in 2010. We the working people will be paying his exorbitant salary. Maybe he should pay some of our electric bill increase instead of a higher salary.
bizarro world

Philadelphia, PA

#2 May 21, 2009
Millions of dollars a year, as a reward for sitting in meetings and shuffling papers -- now THAT'S the kind of gig I want!
Yes

Mount Aetna, PA

#3 May 21, 2009
Why didn't this D-bags salary decrease 35% like PPL's stock?

I'm sure the person who said he was worth it was either another overpaid executive or a relative.
minesweep

Reading, PA

#4 May 21, 2009
bizarro world wrote:
Millions of dollars a year, as a reward for sitting in meetings and shuffling papers -- now THAT'S the kind of gig I want!
Are you sure thatís not the kind of job your already have?

Anyway, why not wish for something more exciting. Like getting a job that pays 18 million a year (which Ryan Howard receives) for hitting a baseball out of the park. To boot, thousands of fans cheer as you trot about the bases.
LV Guy

Bethlehem, PA

#5 May 21, 2009
Both the PPL and B-ball jobs are over paid, and hurt society by taking resources from those who need them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PPL Corp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PPL nuclear power plant officials detail licens... Jul '14 BDV 1
PPL Corp., Allentown, Announces Layoffs: PPL Co... (Feb '09) Nov '13 Scranton 181
Trial begins for businessmen accused of stealin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 silly rabbit 1
Allentown fire station roof ripped off by Sandy... (Oct '12) Oct '12 silly rabbit 1
PPL Holds First Co-Op Community Day - Regional ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Future not so bright 1
Power Out In Section Of Allentown - Regional Ne... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lance Smith - All... 4
PPL Chooses 6 Possible Routes For New Power Lin... (Jun '11) Jun '11 My Name 1
•••

PPL Corp People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••