Allentown falcons found nesting under Albertus L. Meyers Bridge

There are 5 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jun 26, 2009, titled Allentown falcons found nesting under Albertus L. Meyers Bridge. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Allentown's celebrity falcon couple has a new love nest. The peregrines who last year hogged the local spotlight by parenting the first falcon chicks known to have hatched in Lehigh County chose a more private location to mate this year -- underneath the Eighth Street bridge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Bethlehem

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Thats good print where they are so the WACKOS can go and torment or kill them. Good job MC
Truth

Macungie, PA

#2 Jun 26, 2009
"the Eighth Street bridge, formally the Albertus L. Meyers Bridge,"

It is the Albertus L. Meyers Bridge but is commonly referred to as the Eighth Street bridge.

Where does the call get these people.
John Brinson

Hazleton, PA

#3 Jun 26, 2009
They failed to mention it was PennDOT that helped them with their bridge inspection crane.
I love to bach PennDOT, but in this case they did their part to help.

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Jun 26, 2009
Maybe that's exactly why they chose not to return to PPL: They were sick of being watched and having their young molested.

Next year, they'll be even farther away.
Educated

Allentown, PA

#6 Jun 26, 2009
Dennis Mac wrote:
Maybe that's exactly why they chose not to return to PPL: They were sick of being watched and having their young molested.
Next year, they'll be even farther away.
The only physical contact the birds had with people last year, like this year, is the banding. The box they were in was well away from all but the naturalist who was watching over them. Even he had to climb a ladder to see them. Both nesting locations appear to be great nesting areas and I welcome them wherever they want to nest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PPL Corp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PPL nuclear power plant officials detail licens... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BDV 1
News PPL Corp., Allentown, Announces Layoffs: PPL Co... (Feb '09) Nov '13 Scranton 181
News Trial begins for businessmen accused of stealin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 silly rabbit 1
News Allentown fire station roof ripped off by Sandy... (Oct '12) Oct '12 silly rabbit 1
News PPL Holds First Co-Op Community Day - Regional ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Future not so bright 1
News Power Out In Section Of Allentown - Regional Ne... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lance Smith - All... 4
News PPL Chooses 6 Possible Routes For New Power Lin... (Jun '11) Jun '11 My Name 1
More from around the web