PPL plan calls for reduced power usage

PPL plan calls for reduced power usage

There are 66 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 9, 2009, titled PPL plan calls for reduced power usage. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

PPL's plans to help its customers reduce the amount of electricity they use are now on file with the Public Utility Commission as required by state law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Hereto4

Allentown, PA

#61 Jul 15, 2009
Good one!
Another View wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome. I drive a Ford. Show me where I put the coal. I can't find it in the darned manual.
PPL

Macungie, PA

#62 Jul 15, 2009
Legit? just open your eyes..
Hereto4 wrote:
If you are legit, I would like your firm's website to get more information regarding its services. Your article is impressive and quite interesting. Thanks, again.<quoted text>
Sue

Macungie, PA

#63 Jul 17, 2009
Is this a JOKE - or what???? Oh, PPL, guess not - they are funny enuf!!!
solar guy

Whitehall, PA

#64 Jul 21, 2009
Honky Lips wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2 years you'd have an outdated dinosaur on your roof.
You're assuming you'll live long enough to at least break even.
you're also assuming you'll be living in the same home 20-30 or 40 years.
There are divorces,job loses, transfers,Wal-marts going up,arsenic in the soil and the old 'tried and true'........."I want a new home"
If you ever decide to sell the home the buying would likely demand you to have the monstrosity removed before signing.(new roof)
You want to cut your electric bill, stop wasting.
I guess you think solar panels are ugly because you have this perception of aluminum frames around blueish panels. Take a look at whats on the market. There is a BP Integra line that is a low profile system, all black in appearance. They are a great system. As for a PV system being a dinosaur, I guess you are assuming that fission reactors around the corner. Solar isnt going anywhere, its going to be integrated more and more into our homes over the next 20 to 30 years. Costs are dropping , the systems are getting more efficient and better looking.
CrossRiverSolar

Whitehall, PA

#65 Jul 21, 2009
Hereto4 wrote:
If you are legit, I would like your firm's website to get more information regarding its services. Your article is impressive and quite interesting. Thanks, again.<quoted text>
we are definitely legit...:) www.crossriversolar.com
Another View

Allentown, PA

#66 Jul 22, 2009
solar guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are assuming that fission reactors around the corner.
I think we've got about a hundred fission reactors in this country. They're not around the corner. They're already here.
Maybe you meant nuclear fusion....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PPL Corp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firefighters Contain East Allentown Blaze (May '08) Sep 24 silly rabbit 2
News PPL Ceo tells shareholders utility is poised fo... (May '15) May '15 logical 1
News PPL nuclear power plant officials detail licens... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BDV 1
News PPL Corp., Allentown, Announces Layoffs: PPL Co... (Feb '09) Nov '13 Scranton 181
News Trial begins for businessmen accused of stealin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 silly rabbit 1
News Allentown fire station roof ripped off by Sandy... (Oct '12) Oct '12 silly rabbit 1
News PPL Holds First Co-Op Community Day - Regional ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Future not so bright 1
More from around the web