Exercising the brain keeps memory solid

Exercising the brain keeps memory solid

There are 19 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Feb 24, 2009, titled Exercising the brain keeps memory solid. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Fitness classes abound, but in a Santa Cruz Adult School classroom the exercises forgo biceps for the brain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Since: Dec 08

Birds Landing, CA

#3 Feb 25, 2009
I found the diamond that was worn by Jesus and at first I really didn't know what it was so I just put it on top of my TV and forgot about it for awhile then oneday I picked it up and noticed it was a beutifull diamond pendant probably thousands of years old so I started wearing it and began to expeirance unwordly visions so back on the TV it went and today I really have only seen a small glimpse of the lives of the people who have worn the diamond before me like Jack the Ripper on a cold foggy London street he was never caught.

Birds Landing, CA

#4 Feb 25, 2009
The Russians have had the diamond for many years having taken it from Adolph Hitler that was not a very nice vision for the diamond takes you into the minds of people worn before like the king traveling in the dessert caravan searching in the early night sky for the place Jesus was being born and giving him the majic diamond.

Birds Landing, CA

#5 Feb 25, 2009
The majic diamond has been mine for two years now and is huge as far as diamonds go it is not very shiny it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in over two thousand years my hope is to someday clean it up a little and yeah I have been using it it for the pleasures of a Roman soldiers up here in South Lake Tahoe and all those snowboarding bunnies on the slopes but will bring the diamond to Santa Cruz in time for Easter.

Birds Landing, CA

#6 Feb 25, 2009
I would love to say I would't use the powers of the diamond on the citizens of Santa Cruz but I can't I really don't know how it works only that it is majic.

Birds Landing, CA

#8 Feb 25, 2009
Oh by the way the diamond is real I just need more time to figure out how it works, Like when it takes you into the minds of people that have worn it before me and the way it screams in the night in agony.

Birds Landing, CA

#9 Feb 25, 2009
Somedays the diamond is active to wear so I hide it and hope I'm still alive the next day. Like the time I had this vision of the earliest wearer's of the majic diamond and the evil ways they had aquired it and the swords of ancient roman soldiers their scent and they had a very different diet as far as food goes somedays I can't gety that taste out of my mouth.

Birds Landing, CA

#10 Feb 25, 2009
Today the diamond is quite for now but today is the start of lint so I have to wait till tonight. I will tell you tomorow what I see.

South Lake Tahoe, CA

#11 Feb 25, 2009
The snow is falling lighty at the south shore of Lake Tahoe right now. the reoson I am speaking right now is that I forgot to tell the most important thing the diamond did last night it was the birth of Christ that the diamond revealed last night and the many people there to help Mary anyway I have to go outside now to feel the virgin snow falling on my face. Was that the best birth I ever saw ? by the look on that one kings face I would say so.

Birds Landing, CA

#12 Feb 26, 2009
The diamond was again active last night the horses were all around me asd I tried to figure out were I was oh no could it be. Yes it was I was riding a horse right into a feirce battle in the Crussades and we have beern riding for at least three hours when a rider approached over the hilly terrain I had never felt so comfortable my nose was bleeding when I saw them men on horseback closing in I was'nt scared the men riding with me looked like they were dead already. The noise they made to bark orders was like me talking on my cell phone but the words seemed to make no sense to me today the battle began with me violently swinging my sword there were now one thousand men killing each other.

Birds Landing, CA

#13 Feb 26, 2009
As the battle had begun I was a champion horseman weilding my sword which was covered in human blood I knew then that the other men with me were waiting for my voice to call out battle orders which just seemed to flow like a gentle creek in a language I have never heard before. My blood soaked had won us the battle but at the cost of hundreds of lives on both sides.

Birds Landing, CA

#14 Feb 26, 2009
Bloodied from head to toe we fell back a half of a mile while we wated for the wounded to die.

Birds Landing, CA

#15 Feb 26, 2009
The devil also showed up last night wanting me to take off the diamond I almost did but just barely left it around my neck he hovered above me for about three very long minutes then disapeared.

Birds Landing, CA

#16 Feb 26, 2009
Also last night Hitler played a causal walk down a quite country road with three men one wearing the diamond the nazi's had somehow knew how the diamond worked so it seemed almost staged because the man walked behind the group of three as he kept a stern happy look on his face.

Birds Landing, CA

#17 Feb 26, 2009
She was the most beutiful woman in London on a very cold and foggy night on a quite sidestreet she had walked since she was a child just nineteen years old skinny with the most beautiful clothes for the early days of London had all the fashion she felt happy but not for long as she remember the recent warnings of a killer on the loose as the shadowy figure appeared out of a doorway dressed in all black she knew she was going to lose the diamond her father had given her years before. Then he stuck her with something very sharp, Jack the Ripper was now wearing the diamond trying hard to figure out how it works.

Birds Landing, CA

#18 Feb 26, 2009
The diamond will be in Santa Cruz soon. I am a local westsider who got lucky and found a diamond.

Birds Landing, CA

#19 Feb 26, 2009
The russian had finally returned to his home in lenningrad he was an officer and fought the nazi's feircly for almost two years strait at the russian front. with the weather still freezing he must find fuel for his car a blck sedan that shoock something awfull and his generator, after drinking two large bottles of vodka he climbed into his car to visit Nadia a petite russian blonde almost half starved looking with green eyes and beauty that would make any man stop dead in their tracks. His car came to skid at her doorstep as he climbed out of his car he felt a crushing blow to the back of his skull Nadia's new boyfreind now was giving the diamond to her as he lay dying.

Santa Cruz, CA

#20 Feb 28, 2009
He was an RAF officer tall and young.

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 Mar 1, 2009
On a top secret mission deep inside enemy terratory the plane he flew was a large British bomber he had trained hard to learn how to fly and was indeed qualified as he had come from a long line of military family that has fought for England for hundreds of years. As his bomber was approaching his target had a couple seconds to think about his family back home as he let the bombs fly he could hear the whistle that the bombs made as he turned the plane homeward all was calm for 20 minutes then the instements he depended on started malfuntioning to the point he would have to bail out with the rest of the crew five men where now ready too jump from an airplane that was in peril. he gave the order. they were planeless now falling to earth as there parachutes large and ungodly like so primative as they began their descent before I hit the ground I was suddenly startled at the sound of gunfire as I was now only twenty yards from a very hard landing then as I felt my righthand explode I knew I hat been shot but was still alive then my left leg was hit I was fading fast as I drew my last breath on this the last time I was never going to touch earth ever again

Sacramento, CA

#22 Mar 1, 2009
I am a lefthanded writer what I could say is my possibilitys are endless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Posit Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
posit science (Jul '12) Jul '12 Dick Treistman 2
News Programs exercise the brain as it ages (May '09) May '09 Brian Jones 1
News Training for the aging brain (Mar '09) Mar '09 Okey Dokey 1
News SF Company Pushes Growth In 'Brain Fitness' Ind... (Apr '08) Apr '08 B_Rhodes 2
More from around the web