Metro Encourages Riders To Dump Pump, Take Public Transportatio...

Full story: NBC 4 Washington, DC

Metro is encouraging area residents to "Dump the Pump" and take public transportation on Thursday, but some wonder if Metro can handle the extra capacity.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Onyx Jones

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

I truly do hope that Metro steps their game up. I find it quite ridiculous that fares have been raised consistently over the last few years....while the system was falling down.
Marcea

Fort Washington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Metro cannot handle the ridership it has now and now they are trying to add to an already broken system? They should make it a free day or at least half price, especially for ALL the inconveniences that have taken place within the last few weeks.
Pachacutec

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

"Marcea," I agree with you! Not only the subway but the bus system is WAY overcrowded. Even if you ride the rail on the weekends, due to that never ending track maintenance, it takes twice as long as it should to get from point A to point B. Thanks Metro, but no thanks.
Washington DC

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Metro needs the $150 million delegated for the new soccer stadium for improvements to a system slowing becoming obsolete to be able to handle and sustain the ever growing Metropolitian population.

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

That's all said and good except for the fact that not everyone in this area is commuting to DC. There are also those who live in Northern VA that commute to other areas in Northern VA as the same case may go for Southern MD. No, what needs to happen is if public transit is going to be encouraged, then it also needs to be expanded to better suit the needs of those who live in the outer reaches of the DC area.
Marcea

Fort Washington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

The only project that VA and MD want to fund is the Dulles Metro. The commuters who need this everyday are ignored. We can't afford to live closer, but they are all looking out for big business rather than the daily commuter.
Washington DC

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Higher DC taxes forcing many out of the city then publc service will be cut leaving all out of town who can not afford to come to town by their own means.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pepco Holdings Discussions

Search the Pepco Holdings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BioEnergy Bytes Feb '14 WalMex 1
Mother: Girls Were Possessed By Demons; Died In... (Jun '08) Nov '13 satish arora ex battred 5
4 Stocks And 1 Fund To Buy And Forget (Oct '11) Oct '11 jon 2
Consumer News Story (Mar '08) Jun '11 Wallach PL 22
Md. governor readies offshore wind power mandate (Feb '11) Feb '11 just candid 1
More Utility Customers Falling Behind On Bills (Mar '09) Mar '09 Solarman 1
PSC: No turning back (Dec '08) Dec '08 NoFreeRides 28
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••