Piedmont prepares stock buyback

Piedmont prepares stock buyback

There are 14 comments on the Charlotte Business Journal story from Jan 15, 2010, titled Piedmont prepares stock buyback. In it, Charlotte Business Journal reports that:

Piedmont Natural Gas Co. Inc. plans to repurchase up to 1.8 million shares of its common stock.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte Business Journal.

PNG Sucks

Douglasville, GA

#1 Jan 20, 2010
Piedmont Natural Gas is seriously negligent when it comes to customer service. I was a very good customer for over 20 years and they couldn't even give me a $10 credit. I had never, ever asked for a credit before. I do prefer cooking with a gas stove, but I will install solar panels before ever dealing with PNG again.
A View From Wall Street

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jan 25, 2010
Why did you need a $10 credit? If you were trying to get a refund for the $10 monthly charge, then I don't think you understand what that $10 charge is for. And if you would really prefer to spend thousands of your hard earned dollars putting solar panels on your house in lieu of paying a $10 service charge each month...then go right ahead.
Not A View

Charlotte, NC

#3 Feb 1, 2010
Okay here goes upper management at Piedmont Natural Gas trying to tell us consumers that the $10,00 monthly fee is not being used to pay for their salaries, and other O & M costs. Why do you have to pay it? Why doesn't someone ask the Utilities Board to remove it, unless Piedmont Natural Gas comes clean and can accurately put into writing exactly where that money goes.
A View From Wall Street

Charlotte, NC

#4 Feb 2, 2010
I have no idea where the money goes. But the company should have the right to charge it. Why does Time Warner cable charge you $7/month to "lease" the cable box to you even though you pay for their cable services? Why do some banks charge you a monthly fee for keeping your money there?

Of course this money probably goes to paying salaries and overhead...where the hell else would it go?

I still don't see what the big issue is here. I pay it like everyone else and it doesn't bother me one bit.
Not A View

Charlotte, NC

#5 Feb 3, 2010
The reason it doesnt bother you is that you are in a different tax bracket and your salary more than makes up for the $10.00. But for most hard working people that $10.00 a month could go to food, or other necessities. That is the problem when you make over 100,000.00 a year. You lose forcus on reality and the average wage earner.
A View From Wall Street

Charlotte, NC

#6 Feb 4, 2010
Ha...I made less than $40,000 last year, so please don't lecture me about what $10 mean to a "working" person.
Not A View

Charlotte, NC

#7 Feb 4, 2010
I can lecture you all I want, since you are so pro-skains. Most people making 40,000 a year want Skains removed, not his salary doubled almost every year. But then again you have simply lost your mind and are not living in the real world anyways so what does it matter. To the people here that do understand the hardships this country has been facing, and know that the $10.00 per household should be abolished; we say Piedmont Natural Gas is a terrible company, and the upper management should be removed. Peacefully or by removing them one by one from their own board. You did see what happened at Bank of America. Maybe we do the same thing for Mr Skains.
not a view 2

Charlotte, NC

#8 Feb 11, 2010
Piedmont is a great company for the customers and its employees...please get the facts right.. we do like the upper management
A View from Reality

Pinehurst, NC

#9 Mar 8, 2010
I suggest reading the back of your bill about that charge. No one at png makes money off your 10.00 you pay to offset expenses. Just a lot of paranoia cooked up by people who have too much time on their hands that png and who ever else they dream up is out to get them. About the Honorable Thomas Skains... you guys would be complaining about issues like the monthly charge regardless of who is in charge so you really do not get any sympathy from me. In conclusion though piedmont is not hiding anything from anyone you just have to read the information provided. Then if you make up something in your mind other than what is stated that is your own doing.
Not A View

Charlotte, NC

#10 Mar 9, 2010
Hmmm View from Reality. It appears you are doing the piedmont shuffle and trying to deflect the negative thoughts and anger at upper management back to others. You are so full of xxxx about the $10.00 Piedmont does use that money in the Operations and Maintenence fund and those funds are used to pay salaries. I guess maybe you are not an accountant. But then again you stated it is used to offset expenses, (and upper managements salaries are expenses). Mr Skains is not an honorable person, and neither is his staff.
A View from Reality

Pinehurst, NC

#11 Mar 20, 2010
ROFL I am someone in the know about where it goes to and I can tell you. You are the one who is full of crap. What you think are expenses and what I know are calculated expenses are two different things. Get some facts before spouting off a bunch of false statements.
Not A View

Charlotte, NC

#12 Mar 22, 2010
A View from Reality. You maybe Mr Skains, and your Attorney background does not make you an Accountant. Neither does your running the company. You are almost as beliveable as Cliton when he said it was not sex. ROFL......
A View From Reality

Pinehurst, NC

#13 May 12, 2010
Like I said in the other post... come up with a more believable lie :)
Not A View

Charlotte, NC

#14 May 24, 2010
What is more believeable? That Clinton had sex or the Mr Skains is good? I think the Clinton one wins over. Mr Skains is strictly in this for more money in his pocket regardless if the company sinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piedmont Natural Gas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homes evacuated after downed power lines caused... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Fred Herbert 2
News Stallings teenager has gigs on Cartoon Network (Mar '08) Jul '13 Pat Cray 5
Availability of natural gas vs propane during ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Former PNG Employee 2
Piedmont NG is corrupt (Dec '08) May '11 Former PNG Employee 34
News Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) Given "Neutral" Rati... (May '11) May '11 Investor in Gas s... 1
Piedmont Natural Gas - Stock Buyback (Oct '10) Oct '10 Ed Early 2
News DOT to Close Section of US 311 on Tuesday (Oct '10) Oct '10 C Parks 2
More from around the web