Home Depot building distribution center in Redlands

The walls have gone up on the new Home Depot distribution center off Alabama Street near Interstate 210. Read more
Christine Curry

Rialto, CA

#1 Oct 3, 2008
Too bad that 29% can't pick oranges any more.
DENNIS REDLANDS

San Bernardino, CA

#2 Oct 3, 2008
Were is Interstate 210, near Alabama Street in Redlands?
Bart

Whittier, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2008
Alright! Let's hear it for non-skilled labor and cheap chinese made junk!!

(There are no more oranges to pick!)
nay

Redlands, CA

#4 Oct 3, 2008
good God, this is the most hideous, HUGE eyesore I've ever seen-you can't miss it! How incredibly depressing to see Redlands is turning into just another distribution center mecca.
Robert

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Oct 3, 2008
Wow, just think of all the revenue the city will see from this retail center.

WHOOPS, my mistake... no retail. Again.

Folks, this is exactly what everyoe is talking about. No freaking vision!!! No plan!!! No leadership!!! The only question is how much damage will this council and CM allow before we can bounce them? Can you just see the donut hole property owners chuckling to themselves??? No wonder they've never liked this city.

HEY COUNCIL...it's a crying shame we don't have anybody dressed in a "Big Bird" outfit to explain this to you, but try to get this anyway...

WAREHOUSES AND DISTRIBUTION CENTERS DON'T GENERATE REVENUE FOR THE CITY!!!

Dopes!!!
Richard Hayden

Yucaipa, CA

#6 Oct 3, 2008
Robert wrote:
Wow, just think of all the revenue the city will see from this retail center.
WHOOPS, my mistake... no retail. Again.
Folks, this is exactly what everyoe is talking about. No freaking vision!!! No plan!!! No leadership!!! The only question is how much damage will this council and CM allow before we can bounce them? Can you just see the donut hole property owners chuckling to themselves??? No wonder they've never liked this city.
HEY COUNCIL...it's a crying shame we don't have anybody dressed in a "Big Bird" outfit to explain this to you, but try to get this anyway...
WAREHOUSES AND DISTRIBUTION CENTERS DON'T GENERATE REVENUE FOR THE CITY!!!
Dopes!!!
Without vision, a City will perish! Had to steal the quote and switch up a tad. The original is just as relevant. "Without vision a people will perish."
Ever feel endangered?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prologis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Japan quake, tsunami roundup for Saturday 3/12 (Mar '11) Mar '11 is potassium iodi... 1
News Home Depot to expand its IE distribution empire (Nov '09) Nov '09 Ted 5
News ThisWeek Community Newspapers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jay 2
News Edison flips switch on Fontana solar project (Dec '08) Dec '08 JWR 4
News Earthquake could delay China logistics growth (Nov '08) Dec '08 hmm 3
More from around the web