Polaris to start layoffs at Osceola plant on March 1 as work moves to Mexico

The Polaris Inc. plant in Osceola will start laying off workers March 1, and the cuts will come in phases for six months. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Al Bundy

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 24, 2010
The CEO of Polaris should be charged with economic treason, so much for 'Made in America'. The quality is guaranteed to go down while the increased profit margins will no doubt be funneled to the corporate "leaders" at Polaris at the cost of the employees and town which made their machines.
What a courageous decision to pack it up and go south. Let's see how it hits the bottom line and who's held accountable.
Mexican Snowmobile Hmmmmm

Northfield, MN

#2 Dec 24, 2010
Polaris really looks like their CEO, CFO, COO really have their heads screwed on backwards! Surprise anyone? Losers. DON'T BUY POLARIS. Let them be looking for jobs because of their stupidity.
seriouslyWTH

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 24, 2010
Sold my Polaris 4 wheeler and both snowmoblies and will never ever support Polaris ever again. If im going to buy a forieign ride Ill go Japanese thank you.

More and more jobs leaving the US should signal to all of us that our polititions are not working for us and really borderline on treasonists some would say.

GIVE COMPANIES TAX BREAKS FOR STAYING IN OUR COUNTRY DAMM IT!
seriouslyWTH

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 24, 2010
screw spellcheck X.X

Since: Jan 09

Dugway, UT

#5 Dec 24, 2010
I'm a huge fan of Polaris, but this makes me not want to buy another one. Go NAFTA.

Since: Jan 09

Dugway, UT

#6 Dec 24, 2010
and Yamaha is moving TO the USA.

http://www.atvmagonline.com/2010/02/yamaha-an...

Screw you Polaris.
Bikerr

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Dec 24, 2010
This is just sad.
insider

Hastings, MN

#8 Dec 24, 2010
tax tax upon tax, union demands companies are not only moving people are. So keep on taxing keep up class warfare see ya

“groovygirlinmn@g mail.com”

Since: Feb 10

Duluth, MN

#9 Dec 24, 2010
I think that we should all move to Mexico and let the Mexicans have the USA; let we can hope the borders, be illegal aliens and reap the benefits!
blindman

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Dec 24, 2010
Opps there goes another plant! we are watching america going south! Are leaders are doing nothing to stop this, THATS the tragedy of this story, soon we will have to follow if we want work! Think about it! But I guess they can keep extending unempolyment? Bye America jobs!Hello more taxes!
they will buy

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 24, 2010
Blah! Blah! Blah! Everyone says they hate Crap-Mart to, yet the parking lots are always full?

Americans have the minds of a pile of crap! They all want to make 100K a year but they want the products they buy to be dirt cheap. Just drive threw a Crap-Mart parking lot and read all the proud to be union bumper stickers or proud to be an American, HA!HA!HA!. How is it your so proud to be an American? By supporting China? Proud union member? How? By putting a Chinese person to work? Thank you all for being so proud? HA!HA!HA!HA!
For the Record

Osceola, WI

#12 Dec 24, 2010
The employees of Polaris in Osceola don't have a union. Also, Polaris utilized many tax breaks here, right up to the point they pulled up stakes. Another company that does respect it's employees and the United States will move here to beautiful Osceola. There will be a nice bonfire of Polaris jackets in March, if anyone wants to come up for a cocktail and a warm fire.
The Economist

Wheaton, IL

#13 Dec 24, 2010
Quality will go up because if a worker does a bad job he/she is fired and not protected by a union.

Costs will go down. There ain't no ObamaCare south of the border.

It's really quite a no-brainer.
Steve

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 24, 2010
High tax rates and Union thugs will be driving many more businesses south of the border. Corporations need to be incentivized to keep their business here (lower taxes for US labor). The Unions need to give up on the idea that everyone, including the floor sweepers, need to make $50 per hour. This is the one time where I put the blame on both the Republicans and the Democrats.
the troll

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Dec 24, 2010
blindman wrote:
Opps there goes another plant! we are watching america going south! Are leaders are doing nothing to stop this, THATS the tragedy of this story, soon we will have to follow if we want work! Think about it! But I guess they can keep extending unempolyment? Bye America jobs!Hello more taxes!
Try to buy a harley in japan. Japan has import tariiff to keep the competition out. Maybe we need to enact a tariff for companies who relocate to mexico and then import to the US.
the troll

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 24, 2010
The Economist wrote:
Quality will go up because if a worker does a bad job he/she is fired and not protected by a union.
I know, if everybody was treated like a mexican, you still wouldn't be happy. Plants that are unsafe and pollute the environment, sexual harrassment by mgmt, poverty level wages, and no workplace offered medical, dental or Christmas Holidays. You won't be happy till 95% of the worlds wealth is in 5% of the populations swiss bank account. And you'll never be part of that 5%. They lied to you just to get you to vot to break all labor agreements, offshore whoore everything and that taxbreaks for the super rich create jobs! Third World Nation, USA, courtesy of the Dittoheads! IT's really a no brainer, literally!
lol

Turtle Lake, WI

#17 Dec 24, 2010
Al Bundy wrote:
The CEO of Polaris should be charged with economic treason, so much for 'Made in America'. The quality is guaranteed to go down while the increased profit margins will no doubt be funneled to the corporate "leaders" at Polaris at the cost of the employees and town which made their machines.
What a courageous decision to pack it up and go south. Let's see how it hits the bottom line and who's held accountable.
If you charged these guys you would have to charge ever republican in America. They are all just as guilty. They HATE America and free enterprise of mall business. they only upport huge business.
lol

Turtle Lake, WI

#18 Dec 24, 2010
I would walk before I buy a harley or a polaris again. Americans are boycotting both. Only Ceos buy harley now. Anti American scum.
lol

Turtle Lake, WI

#19 Dec 24, 2010
Steve wrote:
High tax rates and Union thugs will be driving many more businesses south of the border. Corporations need to be incentivized to keep their business here (lower taxes for US labor). The Unions need to give up on the idea that everyone, including the floor sweepers, need to make $50 per hour. This is the one time where I put the blame on both the Republicans and the Democrats.
Wisconsin has no corporate taxes and the unions are weaker in Wisconsin than anywhere in the world. I read a korean auto maker went on strick. The union killed several ceo`s asking for their demands. The unions are strong in many other countries. Excessive sentencing has union weak. In America like in midevil times. Sentencing has made only the enforcers criminals. The enforcer is the judge jury and executioner.
lol

Turtle Lake, WI

#20 Dec 24, 2010
The Economist wrote:
I beleive your an economist. To stupid to know better. The economy was destroyed before obama care ever was thought of. It is the right wing economist like you who only knowledge is how many ways you can do your drugs. The American anti trust law does not allow this corporation to move to Mexico. If they just enforce the existing laws. The corp[orations would have to pay decadeds in back tarrifs. It is the law that corporations are allowed to ignore. Reagan still trickling on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polaris Inds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Polaris keeps some jobs in Wisconsin (Apr '11) Apr '14 EX-EMPLOYEE 24
New company to offer jobs at Polaris' Osceola p... (Jan '11) Jan '14 Alec 6
Polaris closing its Osceola, Wis., plant and mo... (May '10) Apr '13 rikkiknowsit 175
Polaris plans a big year for Indian motorcycles (Jan '13) Jan '13 Adare 1
Polaris and Arctic Cat post higher earnings, sales (Jan '11) Oct '11 DENG 6
Polaris buying Global Electric Motorcars (Apr '11) Sep '11 DENG 6
Polaris recalls some Victory motorcycles (Jun '11) Jun '11 A Victory owner 1

Polaris Inds People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE