Councilman: Cincinnati will seize P&G heir's home | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A preservation group trying to buy a Cincinnati mansion once owned by a Procter & Gamble Co.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wow

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

Shouldn't the city stay out of this?
hound dog

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

OK !!!!!!!
TopShelf

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

No, its a blight and the owner would rather let it fall apart-a hazard-than sell it to the city. Eminent domain was made for these kinds of situations. Don't know if the owner is senile or just a selfish old goat, but its not like he didn't have the cash to maintain it-if it actually meant anything to him.
JSR1968

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

TopShelf wrote:
No, its a blight and the owner would rather let it fall apart-a hazard-than sell it to the city. Eminent domain was made for these kinds of situations. Don't know if the owner is senile or just a selfish old goat, but its not like he didn't have the cash to maintain it-if it actually meant anything to him.
Did you even read the article??? It is currently owned by a foundation who wants to tear it down and build something in its place. Sheesh!
woodstock

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

If the foundation can't afford it, why can the city , they must have extra money ( yours ) just condemn it and make him tear it down ,the city has that power to and they won't spend your money
cmh

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

TopShelf wrote:
OK...YOU RED COMMIE!!! You are a communist!

Eminent domain was NOT made for cases like this where government has the right to take a person's property because they don't like the way they take care of it. If that's the case, why don't we take a person's property if we don't like how they handle their life and think they are a bad person and social influence? You DON'T have a right to take a person's property for this.

I can't believe how many people in this country have become traitors to our Consitution or Bill of Rights. It is cowards and those that don't deserve to live in this country that are unwilling to stand up against unjust and the rights and liberties we were founded upon!
richard

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

eminent domain wasnt for this kind of thing. Our city and state governments have used this in a way that would make our founding fathers turn in their graves. Stop using eminent domain to get what your supporters want.
garyb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

Hell just like all things , If a government wants it and can not buy it at there price. They just take it under this law, What a great country we have and we call other countries bad,
glenx

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

Eminate Domain is only recognized when a city needs the ground for community development that will benefit the citizens of the area ,,
Besides , another Park wouldn't be such a bad Idea anyway,,Of coarse the taxpayers would have to maintain it...
Balls Deep

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

What is the point in purchasing real estate when, considering the city/gov can steal it from you at any time under the guise of 'eminent domain'? All they have to do is say we want to economically exploit your property and then they get to steal it from you. Sickening. Frightening. Land of the Opressed.
clean sanchez

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

I like turtles!
Give Me a Break

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

TopShelf wrote:
You obviously don't know a darn thing. You must be a liberal Democrat where we owe you everything.
Tear the thing down. It is in a crime infested neighborhood. No one in their right mind would want to go down
in the ghetto at night.
Perhaps you can stop by and pick up some used needles?
The Happy Crab

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

To me, it sounds as though a midnight visit from a bulldozer is called for. This may be legal to use eminant domain, but is sure as hell is not the proper way.
Dollar Bill

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

Why are we so fascinated where ordinary people live? The government has no business confiscating/stealing this property.
bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Try to take mine and see what happens i my go to h but others will also
Will Burns

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

It is could, why not give a bum a bale of straw and some diesel fuel to warm themselves ?

Oh band make sure that councilman is inside so he can have a nice sendoff to hell.
Terri

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

How many of you actually read the article???? The plan is to turn the home into an educational center and museum, which would be for the good of the community. Hmm, sounds like "community development that would benifit the citizens of the area" to me. It is amazing how little sense of history people in this country have. It is no wonder that people from other countries look down on us. Go to Europe, they don't tear down and build new, they preserve the histroy of the country and take pride in that history. You all would tear down the Eifel Tower to put a high rise office building up, forget the fact that the history would be lost. Let the group restore the building and make it useful instead of turning it into another empty lot full of trash.
KGB

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Welcome to the USSA Comrades!
SuLee

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

Emminent domain is to be used exclusively for projects "for the public good." Will someone explain to me how buying an apparently dilapidated house by a preservation group fits this definition?
SuLee

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

To "Give Me A Break"

I'm about as left-leaning as one can be. Read my previous post. You are quite misinformed about what we liberals believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••