FDA warns Procter & Gamble for adding vitamin C to Nyquil

Federal drug regulators warned Procter & Gamble on Wednesday for adding Vitamin C to its Vicks cold formulas, a combination not allowed by federal regulations. Full Story
upset

Webster, NY

#1 Oct 15, 2009
screw the fda, they are just working with the pharmaceutical companies to keep people from realizing the benefits of vitamins and nutrients so they can keep selling their chemicals

the fda started out as a good idea, but like so many other things they have become too powerful for theirs and our own good

“Never a Dull Moment”

Since: Aug 09

Somewhere in NY

#2 Oct 15, 2009
Sigh...I suppose you'd like to go back to the days where people sold everything and anything to "cure" all that ails you.

The FDA is doing their job. We may not always agree with them but they do what they do the best they can.

Don't like the pharmaceutical companies? Then quit asking the docs for the newest and latest drug just because you saw the commercials!

(they really ought to ban these commercials - heck, ban ALL pharmaceutical ads!!!)
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#3 Oct 15, 2009
Rednecked Mama wrote:
Sigh...I
Don't like the pharmaceutical companies? Then quit asking the docs for the newest and latest drug just because you saw the commercials!
(they really ought to ban these commercials - heck, ban ALL pharmaceutical ads!!!)
I agree. Commercials for prescription drugs are not designed to help the consumer.
Mr Skeptical

Rochester, NY

#4 Oct 15, 2009
Sue in Wayne County wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Commercials for prescription drugs are not designed to help the consumer.
Also, those commercials may cause: vommiting, diarreah, sore throat, cold sores, vaginal bleeding, cramps, muscle aches, blurred vision, kidney failure, and/or stroke. You should ask your doctor if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, heart disease, or gonorreah.

“Never a Dull Moment”

Since: Aug 09

Somewhere in NY

#5 Oct 15, 2009
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, those commercials may cause: vommiting, diarreah, sore throat, cold sores, vaginal bleeding, cramps, muscle aches, blurred vision, kidney failure, and/or stroke. You should ask your doctor if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, heart disease, or gonorreah.
Exactly! LOL
Straight Shooter

Rochester, NY

#6 Oct 15, 2009
Why can't you get nutrients from your sleepy cough medicine while you snooze?
Ronald McDonald

Albemarle, NC

#7 Oct 27, 2009
They're worried about Vitamin C! Isn't there alcohol in NyQuil?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Procter and Gamble Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Activist pleads guilty in Ohio for P&G HQ protest Sep 8 Pops 1
Obama picks ex-P&G head to lead Veterans Affairs Jul '14 the Light 4
Ex P&G head Obama choice to lead Veterans Affairs Jul '14 Le Jimbo 17
Can Medicine Boost Female Sex Drive? (Apr '07) Jun '14 Kendall 16
Greenpeace Activists Plead Not Guilty In P&G Fight Mar '14 Rev 13
Picking a CEO: Microsoft, others go with insiders (Feb '14) Feb '14 plug and pray 1
U.S. Stock Futures Rise on China Data (Aug '13) Aug '13 dave 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Procter and Gamble People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••