former P&G employees at MBC
Cain

Springfield, OH

#1 Jan 30, 2010
The purpose of this message is to inform the world of what's happening to former P&G employees who work for Warner-Chilcott and are located at Mason Business Center in Mason Ohio. The layoffs have begun. Don't know the number, but many administrative workers were layed off in the last 2 weeks, some were sent an email that morning that this was their last day, some were even called at home over a weekend and told not to report to work on Monday. The feeling is that a lot more will lose their jobs between now and August. Estimates of only 200 remaining in August (from the original 1,800 that were bought in August). Warner-Chilcott will then transfer the remaining jobs to New Jersey. And guess what: if your job moves to New Jersey and you don't want to move there, tough luck, you get no severance package, even though the deal between P&G and WC was if you were layed off within 2 years (except for cause) of the sale signing, you would get a severance package commensurate with what you would have received from P&G. I think WC just found a loop-hole to avoid giving severance packages.

Is this any way to treat employees? I blame P&G management as well as WC. P&G sold their employees down the river. P&G likes to market themselves as treating their employees right and "doing the right thing", but they failed miserably this time. I hope you all choke on your caviar and champagne. You'll get yours someday. To the WC employees at MBC: you deserve much better. Try to find another job as soon as possible, but try to time it so you get the package too (i.e. don't wait until August). Good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Procter and Gamble Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Medicine Boost Female Sex Drive? (Apr '07) May '15 bengiekrome 17
News HP Ceo Meg Whitman makes the whole company foll... Feb '15 DNA 1
Case study on Procter and Gamble (Nov '14) Nov '14 kristina 1
News Comparing America's 3 Largest Personal Products... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Greg 1
News Activist pleads guilty in Ohio for P&G HQ protest (Sep '14) Sep '14 Pops 1
News Obama picks ex-P&G head to lead Veterans Affairs (Jun '14) Jul '14 the Light 4
News Ex P&G head Obama choice to lead Veterans Affairs (Jun '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 17
More from around the web