Principal To Quit Its Medical Insurance Business

Full story: WHOtv 41
The Principal Financial Group plans to cease its medical insurance business. The move will eliminate 150 jobs at the onset with a total of 1,500 jobs being lost. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bob

Ankeny, IA

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Thanks Obama
Stop the Hate

West Des Moines, IA

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Why exactly is this Obama's fault?
not again

Morrison, IL

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Obama again
Outsider

Radcliffe, IA

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Can you say OBAMACARE?
We will see more of this if money cannot be maid companies will bail out. They are not nonprofit!!!
Outsider

Radcliffe, IA

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Wonder who the folks who will lose jobs are going to vote for???

Since: Jan 10

Des Moines

#6 Sep 30, 2010
No doubt another victim of obamacare. My wife has worked for a local company for the last 7 years, last week she was informed that due to the new mandates they were going to eliminate 30% of their workforce. A lot of good it does to have medical insurance while living under a bridge. The cost of coverage nearly exceeds her weekly paycheck. Her employer simply cannot afford to provide medical. We have already been on thin ice for the last 3 years and now this, Obama should have visited here, but I'm sure they wouldn't want any opinions from actual middle class families, who have had their financial situation spiral downhill. Meanwhile the illegal family that lives down the street just bought a new 40,000 suv.
We have a chance next month for a real change, should republicans fail us as badly as the dems, this time around, we should consider the system broken beyond repair, and it may be time for a new armed revolution. It is the sole reason our founders believed that the right to possess a firearm was the foundation for all other rights. Should it come to that I will be the first to give my life in order for my children and future grandchildren to have the freedom to decide for themselves.
Giggs

Des Moines, IA

#8 Sep 30, 2010
Outsider wrote:
Can you say OBAMACARE?
We will see more of this if money cannot be maid companies will bail out. They are not nonprofit!!!
Another one who can't seem to read and comprehend a short article. Try again and be sure to note the quote from the Principal CEO giving the reason for cutting their med ins business.

Seems to be a direct correlation between the unhinged anti-Obama nuts and high levels of ignorance.

No one's asking you to bow at Obama's feet or even support anything he does. Oppose him if you like, but be reasonable and fair about it. Trashing Obama over Principal's decision is neither of those things.
Outsider

Radcliffe, IA

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Giggs you must have pretty thin skin if you consider what I posted as trashing him.
Bill

United States

#11 Sep 30, 2010
Thanks Congress, Senate and Obama.

Kids can stay on your insurance until 26 years of age, no lifetime limits of coverage, "free" preventative care.........

This is why your insurance premiums are going up, because of the government mandate.

You cannot provide more care and benefits without increasing premiums.

Sincerely,

Actuary
SLR

Waterloo, IA

#12 Sep 30, 2010
Hey Giggs would you encourage your kids to go into the healthcare field right now? How is Obamacare going to help our existing healthcare companies? It won't. It can only hurt them.
Giggs

Des Moines, IA

#13 Sep 30, 2010
tooth-4-tooth wrote:
Giggs: You're so intelligent that you can excuse their comments as ignorance from the same short article? Why don't you get Oboma's C@ck out of your mouth and actually consider the implications of Obamacare. I read the long version of this article and it in fact does suggest that the medical business is no longer going to be profitable for this particular finacial company to continue with. Many do beleive that this is just the beginning.
Oh and the, "PS - my mentally disabled brother-in-law says for you to go F yourself! " comment seems to indicate that you are the one that has come un-hinged. Are we a little sensitive?
Well there is a reasoned and mature response if I ever saw one. I obviously have to be taking it from Obama for me to have the nerve to call out the ignorant hacks here (maybe you aren't familiar with bob's BS he regularly posts. Or maybe, especially considering your comment to me above, you are just as ignorant and hateful as he is).

Since you read the article you obviously are aware that it was stated that Principal's med ins business has been declining for years, right? Apparently the health reform legislation was so powerful that it was destroying the health insurance business years before it was even conceived, debated and signed into law. Maybe Obama really is the Messiah!

As for my brother-in-law, he has had to endure years of those type of taunts and insults. Shockingly, much of it has come from adults. He knows what they are saying and what those words mean, and it hurts him deeply, so you are GD right that I am sensitive to that crap, especially when it comes from dbags like bob.
fast

Marshalltown, IA

#14 Sep 30, 2010
Hey Giggs did you enjoy kissing Obahmas ass in person Yesterday or weren't you one of the CHOSEN???
Maybe you can get the Principl GROUP to SPREAD THEIR WEALTH AROUND!!!!
from downtown

Des Moines, IA

#15 Sep 30, 2010
The health division for the company has always been small and hasn't been making profits for years-so small it can't compete for business with large companies that specialize only in medical insurance. Medical insurance isn't the Principal's strong suit so it is best to get out and put resources and money were the company does thrive.
Giggs

Des Moines, IA

#16 Sep 30, 2010
SLR wrote:
Hey Giggs would you encourage your kids to go into the healthcare field right now? How is Obamacare going to help our existing healthcare companies? It won't. It can only hurt them.
Health CARE or health COVERAGE(insurance)? You need to differentiate between the two. They are not one in the same. The health reform legislation dealt with the coverage side - giving more people access to affordable, quality care. So, I'm not sure what you are getting at. You will have to elaborate.

With that said, "Obamacare" was desgined to help people, not companies.
Giggs

Des Moines, IA

#17 Sep 30, 2010
fast wrote:
Hey Giggs did you enjoy kissing Obahmas **** in person Yesterday or weren't you one of the CHOSEN???
Maybe you can get the Principl GROUP to SPREAD THEIR WEALTH AROUND!!!!
BRILLIANT!
Principal EE

Des Moines, IA

#18 Sep 30, 2010
From one of the employees that is losing their job. From someone who understands how health insurance works. Is Healthcare Reform in its present form the solution? In my opinion, no. It is also very short sighted to blame Obama. Go back and study healthcare/health insurance from it's inception and how it has evolved to its present state. This county is facing some major challenges but blaming Obama for all of the countries ills and fighting with one another and threatening violence is not going to solve any problems it is going to create more. Call me names if you must, this is just my opinion on the situation.
Obama yo mama

West Des Moines, IA

#19 Sep 30, 2010
All of you on the anti-Obama rants need to get a grip. What's wrong with healthcare for EVERYONE?
Insurance companies and their desire for profits are the main reason we need government run healthcare, all they do is push paper. They don't want to cover anyone they can't make money on. The Principal building is made of MARBLE for God's sake!
bob

Ankeny, IA

#20 Sep 30, 2010
Giggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip, bob. You might want to read the article before you comment and maybe it will keep you from emabarrasing yourself by putting your disgusting ignorance on display (I'm not holding my breathe).
We get it. You have an unhinged and irrational hate for Obama (the guy you referred to as a "stupid tard" in one of your comments yesterday) and you blame him and trash him for everything regardless of the facts. You probably blame Obama for your inablility to get an erection.
Be a good citizen and a reasonable person and learn the facts before you pop off.
PS - my mentally disabled brother-in-law says for you to go F yourself!
And you say im unhinged? LOL you're a retard, like your inlaw probably due to inbreeding.
bob

Ankeny, IA

#21 Sep 30, 2010
Obama yo mama wrote:
All of you on the anti-Obama rants need to get a grip. What's wrong with healthcare for EVERYONE?
Insurance companies and their desire for profits are the main reason we need government run healthcare, all they do is push paper. They don't want to cover anyone they can't make money on. The Principal building is made of MARBLE for God's sake!
Problem with scocialism is that eventually you run out of other peoples money.
Giggs

Des Moines, IA

#22 Sep 30, 2010
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And you say im unhinged? LOL you're a retard, like your inlaw probably due to inbreeding.
I also said you were ignorant(add classless, too) and you said nothing to disprove that. All people like you have are attacks and insults because you have no factual arguments. You blamed Obama for this, I called you out on it and all you have to counter are classless insults.

You have no facts, just hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Principal Financial Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge denies class action in Principal case (Oct '08) Oct '14 dmyhre943 77
News Principal CEO to receive top industry award (Sep '13) Sep '13 williamscharles71 2
News Principal Financial Group Voted Best Third-Part... (Nov '09) Jan '13 Richard S 4
News PRINCIPAL CUTS: Principal Financial Eliminates ... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Forgetmenot 47
News Argument Wages Over Appointing Judges (Sep '10) Sep '10 bocefus 8
News Principal Financial Board Member Kerr Resigns (Feb '10) Feb '10 honor 1
Logged in to account - says "Terminated" (Jan '10) Jan '10 Silv 1
More from around the web