Traffic should be back on track as pl...

Traffic should be back on track as plows clear worst of snow | ...

There are 13 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 6, 2010, titled Traffic should be back on track as plows clear worst of snow | .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Monday morning drive to work in central Ohio promises to go relatively smoothly as plow trucks steadily cleared roads over the weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Mom

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 6, 2010
So when will Columbus get it together and plow our neighborhoods?? Our court is a mess and everyone keeps getting stuck. Come Coleman s how me where our tax increase has gone!
Greg

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 6, 2010
Supposedly, our street was cleared in a big storm last year. The city says that the GPS devices on the trucks can locate and keep track of where each truck has been operated on. The GPS can even advise the central headquarters if the plow blade is up or down. Does 'down' mean in contact with the street? The truck that drove down my straet did not drive close to the curb. How do I know ?? There was no windrow of snow at the end of my driveway. The pile of snow that a plow leaves as it moves down the street was not detectable in the center of the street. To be fair though, people cannot complain about a street not being plowed if they leave their cars parked on the street. Most of the snow goes away through evaporation and melting from the day's sunlight.
Jerry

Lima, OH

#3 Feb 6, 2010
Mom wrote:
So when will Columbus get it together and plow our neighborhoods?? Our court is a mess and everyone keeps getting stuck. Come Coleman s how me where our tax increase has gone!
The tax increase went to pay the retirement and health care of the retired plow drivers not hire new ones
westside columbus

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Feb 6, 2010
Were are these roads being cleared at .NOT THE WESTSIDE.
westside columbus

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Feb 6, 2010
Greg wrote:
Supposedly, our street was cleared in a big storm last year. The city says that the GPS devices on the trucks can locate and keep track of where each truck has been operated on. The GPS can even advise the central headquarters if the plow blade is up or down. Does 'down' mean in contact with the street? The truck that drove down my straet did not drive close to the curb. How do I know ?? There was no windrow of snow at the end of my driveway. The pile of snow that a plow leaves as it moves down the street was not detectable in the center of the street. To be fair though, people cannot complain about a street not being plowed if they leave their cars parked on the street. Most of the snow goes away through evaporation and melting from the day's sunlight.
Call Grove City or the School Board they raised our TAXES.
Mom

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 6, 2010
I bet Coleman's street is nice and clear. Blah on him :( We need a new mayor.
Tommy F

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 6, 2010
Grow up, people. I live on the southeast side of Columbus and my street has already been cleared, and the main roads were clear this morning. They're doing a great job out there. You are all babies. Waaaa!
kat

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 6, 2010
Our street has been plowed twice in 12 years. Not this time either
belle

Hilliard, OH

#12 Feb 6, 2010
we already have ruts from the frozen slush high enough to bottom out a sedan car.... how about hitting the courts so we can get out too....lol
columbus

Reynoldsburg, OH

#13 Feb 6, 2010
Linda wrote:
If I can't get out of my driveway and out of the subdivision a lot of d....a.....m..... good it's going to do me Monday. This city is only for the rich neighborhoods or the poor neighborhoods. The middle is getting it stuck to them.
THE RICH NEIGHBORHOODS
MyOpinionOnly

Hillsboro, OH

#14 Feb 6, 2010
You snowplow drivers from all municipalities did a hell of a job during this storm. Don't let anyone tell you anything else.

Thanks.
Ben

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Feb 6, 2010
I live just north of Grove City in Columbus and everywhere I drove today the roads where fine to great. My street had seen a plow but was still covered in snow/ice, but it wasn't 9" of snow. Every other street I drove on was clear down to blacktop or very close to it, and this was all at 9:00am this morning as I drove to McDonalds for breakfast. I'm very impressed with the roads for this storm and I hope that my street will get some salt on it in the next day or so that it's not so rough. Otherwise, GREAT JOB!
ralan

United States

#16 Feb 7, 2010
Amazing how people expect 9 inches of snow to be removed from every street in less than 24 hours from the end of the storm. If you live on a cul-de-sac or quiet sidestreet then, expect to wait. Being upset your street has not moved up the priority list by magic won't make it happen. If you want prompt service, then live on a busy street that is more vital to be cleared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Public Service Enterprise Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Potential SolarCity-Tesla Pairing Should Terrif... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Solarman 3
News I Feel Bullish on the Third Largest U.S. Gas Di... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tom 2
News Northeast hammered by storm (Feb '10) Mar '10 Genie in a Bottle 12
News Plows clear roads for workweek | The Columbus D... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Melissa W 14
News Two members join Rutgers' Board of Governors (Aug '09) Aug '09 tom turse 1
News Utility project OK'd to avert blackouts (Dec '08) Dec '08 T-bone 1
News R.I. wind farm developer Deepwater wins N.J. pr... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Faye Jenkins 1
More from around the web