Traffic should be back on track as plows clear worst of snow | ...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The Monday morning drive to work in central Ohio promises to go relatively smoothly as plow trucks steadily cleared roads over the weekend.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Mom

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

So when will Columbus get it together and plow our neighborhoods?? Our court is a mess and everyone keeps getting stuck. Come Coleman s how me where our tax increase has gone!
Greg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Supposedly, our street was cleared in a big storm last year. The city says that the GPS devices on the trucks can locate and keep track of where each truck has been operated on. The GPS can even advise the central headquarters if the plow blade is up or down. Does 'down' mean in contact with the street? The truck that drove down my straet did not drive close to the curb. How do I know ?? There was no windrow of snow at the end of my driveway. The pile of snow that a plow leaves as it moves down the street was not detectable in the center of the street. To be fair though, people cannot complain about a street not being plowed if they leave their cars parked on the street. Most of the snow goes away through evaporation and melting from the day's sunlight.
Jerry

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Mom wrote:
So when will Columbus get it together and plow our neighborhoods?? Our court is a mess and everyone keeps getting stuck. Come Coleman s how me where our tax increase has gone!
The tax increase went to pay the retirement and health care of the retired plow drivers not hire new ones
westside columbus

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Were are these roads being cleared at .NOT THE WESTSIDE.
westside columbus

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Greg wrote:
Supposedly, our street was cleared in a big storm last year. The city says that the GPS devices on the trucks can locate and keep track of where each truck has been operated on. The GPS can even advise the central headquarters if the plow blade is up or down. Does 'down' mean in contact with the street? The truck that drove down my straet did not drive close to the curb. How do I know ?? There was no windrow of snow at the end of my driveway. The pile of snow that a plow leaves as it moves down the street was not detectable in the center of the street. To be fair though, people cannot complain about a street not being plowed if they leave their cars parked on the street. Most of the snow goes away through evaporation and melting from the day's sunlight.
Call Grove City or the School Board they raised our TAXES.
Mom

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

I bet Coleman's street is nice and clear. Blah on him :( We need a new mayor.
Tommy F

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Grow up, people. I live on the southeast side of Columbus and my street has already been cleared, and the main roads were clear this morning. They're doing a great job out there. You are all babies. Waaaa!
kat

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Our street has been plowed twice in 12 years. Not this time either
belle

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

we already have ruts from the frozen slush high enough to bottom out a sedan car.... how about hitting the courts so we can get out too....lol
columbus

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Linda wrote:
If I can't get out of my driveway and out of the subdivision a lot of d....a.....m..... good it's going to do me Monday. This city is only for the rich neighborhoods or the poor neighborhoods. The middle is getting it stuck to them.
THE RICH NEIGHBORHOODS
MyOpinionOnly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

You snowplow drivers from all municipalities did a hell of a job during this storm. Don't let anyone tell you anything else.

Thanks.
Ben

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

I live just north of Grove City in Columbus and everywhere I drove today the roads where fine to great. My street had seen a plow but was still covered in snow/ice, but it wasn't 9" of snow. Every other street I drove on was clear down to blacktop or very close to it, and this was all at 9:00am this morning as I drove to McDonalds for breakfast. I'm very impressed with the roads for this storm and I hope that my street will get some salt on it in the next day or so that it's not so rough. Otherwise, GREAT JOB!
ralan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Judged:

Amazing how people expect 9 inches of snow to be removed from every street in less than 24 hours from the end of the storm. If you live on a cul-de-sac or quiet sidestreet then, expect to wait. Being upset your street has not moved up the priority list by magic won't make it happen. If you want prompt service, then live on a busy street that is more vital to be cleared.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Public Service Enterprise Group Discussions

Search the Public Service Enterprise Group Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Northeast hammered by storm (Feb '10) Mar '10 Genie in a Bottle 12
Plows clear roads for workweek | The Columbus D... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Melissa W 14
Two members join Rutgers' Board of Governors (Aug '09) Aug '09 tom turse 1
Utility project OK'd to avert blackouts (Dec '08) Dec '08 T-bone 1
R.I. wind farm developer Deepwater wins N.J. pr... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Faye Jenkins 1
PSE&G May Raise Rates Again (Jul '08) Jul '08 drotundo 1
Utility PSEG reports 36 percent jump in 1Q profits (May '08) May '08 Charlie L 1
•••
•••
•••
•••