Construction mishap cuts off Internet, phone service in San Rafael

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

Telephone and Internet service to hundreds of San Rafael customers won't be restored until Thursday night at the earliest or Monday at the latest following the accidental slicing of telecommunications cables by a construction crew.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jul 23, 2009
can

Greenbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Can someone tell me why we have camera's at every single intersection in a small town like San Rafael?
ALso..
Why are there hundreds of illegal aliens loitering on the streets of Bellam Blvd and Anderson Drive? Where is law enforcement that I have paid taxes for?
Why is this allowed to continue? It only puts downward pressure on the wages of lower middle class legal residents. IT IS NOT FAIR!!
The contratcors that use these workers to circumvent our labor and tax laws are the problem and should be targeted for enforcement. They are the scum of the earth.
PACIFIC

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

DID someone for get at call U S A service befour that started this project and when all the utily
co and were there ther photos takin wefour this project was started and at the time the cables wer cut did someone check the first set to see if someone resprayed the USA ON the ground moving the location ok to work in zone
Ronald

Greenbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

PACIFIC wrote:
DID someone for get at call U S A service befour that started this project and when all the utily
co and were there ther photos takin wefour this project was started and at the time the cables wer cut did someone check the first set to see if someone resprayed the USA ON the ground moving the location ok to work in zone
Are you saying what?

1) they resprayed the USA on the ground to cover their ass?

2) someone sprayed it in the wrong place deliberately?

Or 3) Its you "we the"?
The irony is killing me

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

"Precision Drilling" - calling Gary Larson!
Literati Furiosa

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

There were no Fairfax police there helping out
because the Fairfax cops park their cruisers
out behind the library and schmooze with their
buddies. The library hides them from one side
and some bushes hide them from the other side.
They take naps, yak with their friends, anything
but actual work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Precision Drilling Discussions

Search the Precision Drilling Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Petroleos de Venezuela Says Walkout by Rig Work... (Apr '10) Apr '10 I_need_a_beer 2
Drilling lubrication - Ferrosol (Oct '06) Oct '06 Drillslinger 1
Nexen hits new depths for major oil find (Jan '06) Feb '06 Danny 2
•••
•••