Woodland will consider different usages of PG&E funds than underground wiring

Feb 3, 2011 Read more: Daily Democrat 13
Citing the need to avoid the appearance of granting CinemaWest a subsidy, the City Council voted unanimously Tuesday night to consider other options for Pacific Gas & Electric funds than putting Dead Cat Alley's electric wiring underground. Read more

Since: Jan 09

Davis, CA

#1 Feb 3, 2011
WHAT, A PAY RAISE? The Banana Republic of California is going to slash its budget and the City will be financially affected. Why are you doing this? Is this Bell California?

Pay should be lowered by 15-20% immediately, and pensions should be no greater (as a % of pay) than that of the average Private sector taxpayer ….. which means that THEIR pension formula should be lowered by AT LEAST 50%!
Nijole

West Sacramento, CA

#2 Feb 3, 2011
Well then, if this is the case, that the council chooses CinemaWest over the State, then I will drive to Sacramento or Davis before I spend a dime there here in Woodland to watch a movie.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 3, 2011
I am definitely not a State supporter (but possibly could be if no public funds were ever to be involved - even a loan) - but this action (and DD header) was beyond the pale. Certainly if there was that amount of a PGE rebate it could be used on something that would not line any private developer's pocket.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4 Feb 3, 2011
I meant - "this potential action" not the council decision of Tuesday.
Correction

Auburn, CA

#5 Feb 3, 2011
The "Entertainment District" was identified in the 2003 DSP, in favor of Petro building a theater downtown. The city knew what they were doing in 2009 with the Cinema West...

Dr. Marble would seem to be the only one NOT dirty with Petro. We need more like him on council.
Clue

Portland, OR

#6 Feb 3, 2011
Nijole wrote:
Well then, if this is the case, that the council chooses CinemaWest over the State, then I will drive to Sacramento or Davis before I spend a dime there here in Woodland to watch a movie.
Bye.
Hmmm

Woodland, CA

#7 Feb 3, 2011
"The council agreed to lift furloughs for the fire department's Battalion Chiefs in exchange for a three percent pay cut. A two percent pay raise is planned for Jan. 1, 2012 and a second two percent raise is planned for June 30, 2012."

What a bunch of smoke & mirrors - so they lift furloughs and take a slight pay cut that they will get back plus 1% by June of next year and still have no furloughs at that time - these people should be thankful to have a job and yet these backward deals that just keep costing us more continue to happen. The private sector doesn't receive 4% in a six month period why should they? Don't give me the same old story about how they risk their lives - they chose this profession and the risk that comes with it - Unions gotta go before we are all broke (except the union employees). Keep it up unions and when the taxpayers have no more money to fund you - then where will you be - oh I know retired at 50.....
Sancho Panza

United States

#8 Feb 3, 2011
Stop complaining and run for City Council the next time around. Correction, David Wilkensen does not speak for all the State theater supporters.
Woodlander

El Dorado Hills, CA

#9 Feb 3, 2011
Sancho Panza wrote:
Stop complaining and run for City Council the next time around. Correction, David Wilkensen does not speak for all the State theater supporters.
Thank you I feel the same way.

Dave Wilkinson just screws things up and the community loses because of his ignorance.

Bill Marble talks out both sides of his mouth.
Ed in Woodland

Woodland, CA

#10 Feb 3, 2011
I wonder just how many theaters Woodland will actually support. We currently have 5 I think in the mall area. Seldom are one of these sold out. Would 10 movies on any given night be sustainable? Goodbye mall.
Bernadette Murray

Auburn, CA

#11 Feb 3, 2011
For clarification purposes: While I am a member of the Water Rate Advisory Committee, I did explicitly state at Tuesday night's City Council meeting that I am not the chair or vice-chair of the committee. I was expressing my own concerns to the City Council as an individual rather than expressing the official position of the Water Rate Advisory Committee as a whole. My email to the Council stated that "I believe....."

Also the Water Rate Advisory Committee report is not the same as the draft Groundwater Management Plan.
The two seem to be conflated in the article.
woodlander

Woodland, CA

#12 Feb 3, 2011
Personally I would like to see all of these clowns out of office... you don't give a raise out when you have no money! Not a 2% not a .5% they need to suck it up and be grateful they have a job or go elsewhere.
They need to move on projects... get them building and put people to work. I want the State to be fixed into a jewel, but not at the expense of any tax or money out of out pocket... but redevelopment funds are different... My message to do something and quit sitting on your hands. Next election vote these guys out.
woodlander

Woodland, CA

#13 Feb 3, 2011
PG&E... if they want to bury line do it on CR 102 where all the shopping Centers and home are going... I find it hard to believe they couldn't have the developers do that when they were building them... no build it then lets tear it all up and fix it so it looks like we don't have a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Gas and Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boxer: Regulators' 'heads should roll' over Dia... Wed Hidden govt info 1
News Solar power is cheaper than ever - but utilitie... Mar 25 Solarman 1
News Diablo Canyon at issue as panel gauges nuke safety Dec '14 r they time bombs... 1
News In Federal Court Filing, PG&E and Nuclear Regul... Oct '14 BDV 1
News Regulators reject call for nuke plant shutdown (Sep '14) Sep '14 ground 1
News Diablo Canyon nuclear plant should be closed fo... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Nathanael 1
News Mystery Smell Blows Into Stockton (Oct '09) May '14 Elle Jay 10
More from around the web