Erin Brockovich back in Hinkley testi...

Erin Brockovich back in Hinkley testing water

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 9, 2011, titled Erin Brockovich back in Hinkley testing water. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

At the end of "Erin Brockovich," a housewife sick from toxic chromium weeps with joy as she's handed her portion of a historic $333 million settlement between residents of this small desert town and the utility that poisoned their drinking water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Linear Thinker

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 9, 2011
Recent studies have shown there are in fact no statistically significant cancer clusters in the erin brokovich town.

The whole thing was bad science and liberal hysteria, and the movie, of course, was not fact based in the least.

Well, guess her 15 minutes of fame are up and she has to work harder than ever trying to drum up a new hysteria.
TommyJ

Eden Prairie, MN

#2 Mar 9, 2011
I'm not letting the company off the hook for its pollution but seriously...you win a settlement and you use that money to move 4 miles away? Why wouldn't you use that money to get as far away from the place as possible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Gas and Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utility scrutinized as California wildfire vict... Oct '17 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Wildfires, now up to 100 miles wide, threaten m... Oct '17 OneWomynRiot 3
News Lights out: Eclipse to have big impact on Calif... Aug '17 Solarman 2
News Mystery Smell Blows Into Stockton (Oct '09) Jul '17 A losie 16
News PG&Ea s Solar Choice Program Brings Clean Energ... (May '17) May '17 Solarman 1
News San Francisco power outage affects about 90000 ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Wildchild 1
News PG&E announces $85M deal over Diablo Canyon clo... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web