Nightmare at Pep Boys
SpringfieldMO

United States

#1 Mar 3, 2007
I came in to your 1265 East Battlefield Road Springfield, MO establishment at 12:30 on March 2, my intention was to get my car inspected and whatever minor repairs were needed to pass inspection. I was told the inspection would take 1 hour and went across the street and had a nice lunch. The inspection took 1 hour and I was told that the car needed a tie rod and a tire replaced in order to pass and the repair would take 2 to 2.5 hours. Two and a half hours later I inquired as to the progress and was told it was almost done. Two hours and two more requests as to my cars status (4.5 hours total) I was given my paperwork and told to pay at the checkout counter, after paying $250 I was given the keys to someone else's car. I was then sent back to the checkout counter in order to receive a refund for the $250 that I payed for someone else's repair. The refund could not be processed back on to my credit card so I was given $250 in cash (at this point I have been waiting 5 hours for a 2.5 hour repair and paid for the wrong car). My car however was still not ready another hour goes by and the mechanic comes out of the shop to ask me “was your steering wheel straight when you brought it in?” it was but at this point I didn't care I told him to get my car off of the lift and let me go, I was charged $180 and left at 8:00pm after sitting in your dingy waiting area being told my car was almost finished for 7.5 hours.
I was finally told why it took so long, the reason I was given is that the mechanic thought I had dropped the car off and would come back later. This means that either the front person who was going back and getting updates every hour wasn't really checking or the mechanic was lying to the front person when he came back to check on the work. Either way this was easily the worst customer service experience I have ever been subject to and you can rest assured your company will never receive any more of my business.
Troy

Springfield, MO

#2 Jun 17, 2009
Im unsure about your experience but I had a great one. I went to Pepboys because a smaller shop had done some repairs that were wrong. The smaller shop had replaced the head gasket on my car for a cam sensor that was leaking. After the repair I still had the leak and a frien suggested Pepboys. I went in talked to the service manager and less than a $100 later I was fixed. Im now in a lawsuit for the $1200 that I spent at the other shop. From now on its Pepboys all the way for me.
Dan

Springfield, MO

#3 Nov 14, 2009
Too bad that 'Troy' is the former service manager for Pep Boys.. Come on..
James

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Dec 19, 2010
You are lucky you can still drive your car. Pepboys did a number similar to your s to me.

I brought my car in to change 4 spark plugs. They went back and forth and 5 hours later, they finally gave me my car back at closing time. After paying $400.00 they opened the door and let me out. We checked the car, only to find, they broke the dip stick tube for the transmission oil. I guess that was the tactic, keep me til store closing to rush me out so I won't check the car. Now I am in for a long battle to get them to fic my car. Oh to top it off, a day later, I find the cable for on of plugs is not even plugged in.

Pepboys will never get my business again. Iin fact, I will make it my business to discourage any one from going to pepboys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pep Boys Manny Moe and Jack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pep Boys bad service for may car (Jun '15) Jul '15 Macat62 2
they f@[email protected] suck (Apr '15) Apr '15 Donna Sue 1
Swindled in Piscataway NJ (Sep '14) Sep '14 Robbed715 1
News Auto Parts Retailers Dismantled (Aug '06) Apr '13 Rowland-Kenrick 36
News Walgreen Company (WAG): Today's Featured Servic... (May '12) Jun '12 Diane 2
News This family business with a twist (Jul '11) Oct '11 cancer society 8
News Pep Boys Celebrates 90 Year Anniversary (Jul '11) Sep '11 modern art 3
More from around the web