Morales pushes energy nationalization 4:39PM EST

May 12, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BusinessWeek

“We have not yet finished the job”

President Evo Morales vowed to move forward with his campaign to nationalize Bolivia's oil and gas industry while presiding Saturday over ceremonies marking the transfer of two Brazilian-owned oil refineries to ... via BusinessWeek

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated May 15, 2007
AntiChe

Mount Hope, WV

#2 May 15, 2007
What government has ever successfully ran a business? Not even in the US does it work. Chavez as a big, hairy political agenda and uses his oil money for that end. Don't be deceived, his own power is paramount to him; much more than any concern he may have for the people of Venezuela. Bolivia, on the other hand does not have the steady inflow of cash that their northern neighbors enjoy. I doubt that there would be sufficient funds to "double the wages of the workers." Nor is nationalization going to improve their situation. It only breeds corruption and mismanagement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Japan Cos Investing In MODEC's FPSO Project For... (Apr '10) Apr '10 yamagata 1
Buy Petrobras Preferred Stock, Sell Common Beco... (Jul '08) Apr '09 reginaofthesun 2
Petrobras' Costa Says Oil Prices to Rise Again,... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Brett Maxwell 1
Developing Brazil's Tupi Oil Field May Cost $50... (Oct '08) Oct '08 CCS 1
Presidential aide says strike by Brazil oil wor... (Jul '08) Jul '08 GARKO 1
Brazil finds more oil near offshore field (May '08) May '08 Diesel Poor 1
Brazil finds more oil near huge offshore field (May '08) May '08 ken more 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••