Pitney Bowes To Cut 1,500 Jobs

Pitney Bowes Inc. is cutting its work force by 1,500 and taking a charge of between $300 million and $400 million as it begins to provide fully digital equipment, the company announced today. Full Story
Early Childhood Adv

Hartford, CT

#1 Nov 15, 2007
I see a great need to cut taxes for many of these people would probably be looking to start their own buisnesses and it might not be possible if it costs more to pay for in taxes and etc..than to earn their own...when LIFE HANDS YOU A LEMON DO YOU TAKE A BITE AND SPIT IT OUT OR MAKE LEMONADE? NOPE, YOU CAN'T STEAL THE SUGAR BUT MAYBE YOU CAN PUT IT ON CREDIT...WITH NO INTEREST!
VfV

East Hartford, CT

#2 Nov 15, 2007
Early Childhood Adv wrote:
I see a great need to cut taxes for many of these people would probably be looking to start their own buisnesses and it might not be possible if it costs more to pay for in taxes and etc..than to earn their own...when LIFE HANDS YOU A LEMON DO YOU TAKE A BITE AND SPIT IT OUT OR MAKE LEMONADE? NOPE, YOU CAN'T STEAL THE SUGAR BUT MAYBE YOU CAN PUT IT ON CREDIT...WITH NO INTEREST!
What the $*%( are you talking about?

DeLuca, is that you?
Minnie

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 15, 2007
Pitney is a dinosaur. It's about time that they figured out that they need to sell some new products instead of just off-loading property and moving operations to cheaper states.

They off-loaded 200 IT people just last summer. Now it's time to off-load 1500 more. I wonder how many will be from Connecticut? What a shame.
ftec

Newington, CT

#4 Nov 15, 2007
Sounds like an excuse to Re-hire cheap labor from India...
Minnie

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Nov 15, 2007
You know what is amazing to me? Pitney is a huge employer in CT with campuses in Bridgeport, Shelton, Stamford, Newtown and Danbury and I don't see that anybody cares. Connecticut will be losing a lot of jobs. What are these people supposed to do? Move? I guess so. But you know what? It won't be the folks in Stamford. It will be the little guys working in manufacturing, etc. who pay for the crappy decisions of the big high 6 figure earners who work in Stamford and live in Greenwhich.
Minnie

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 15, 2007
ftec: as far as I heard the 200 IT jobs went to India.
Shoreliner

East Haven, CT

#7 Nov 15, 2007
Minnie wrote:
You know what is amazing to me? Pitney is a huge employer in CT with campuses in Bridgeport, Shelton, Stamford, Newtown and Danbury and I don't see that anybody cares. Connecticut will be losing a lot of jobs. What are these people supposed to do? Move? I guess so. But you know what? It won't be the folks in Stamford. It will be the little guys working in manufacturing, etc. who pay for the crappy decisions of the big high 6 figure earners who work in Stamford and live in Greenwhich.
This is why all incumbents must be voted out at the next election.

They do not give a damn about any business in Connecticut, be it big or small.

We need to make Connecticut a business-friendly state and start reversing the flight of corporate headquarters and factories that have occurred over the last 20 years.

We need lower taxes on business, lower state spending, a reduction in state government, and the elimination of the state income tax.
Up North

Vancouver, Canada

#8 Nov 17, 2007
I do believe the PB staff reductions are a global event. It has been already anounced that there will be a 10 percent reduction to our service dept head count.
ftec

Newington, CT

#9 Nov 17, 2007
Its a shame what these guys are doing.Its a national trend. Look at microsoft,they cant get enough of cheap Indan programmers - They want laws to change to hire more of them.
Insider

United States

#10 Sep 6, 2009
Ya, of all those 1500 jobs that were cut, not one of them were a manager.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pitney Bowes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pitney Bowes India Launches "DocWell" an integr... (Dec '10) Apr '11 Titanium Print 2
'Holiday Mail for Heroes' to deliver greetings ... (Nov '10) Nov '10 barbara utt 1
Antares' Stamford gamble (Aug '09) Jun '10 Armonk lady 40
envelope size for the di600 folder /inserter (Jun '10) Jun '10 mailroom man 1
Rell Tells CBIA She Plans Additional Spending Cuts (Oct '09) Nov '09 fenster 3
Pitney dives on analyst downgrade (Aug '09) Aug '09 Close the book 1
After one year at the DOT, Marie tackles more c... (Jul '09) Jul '09 yodle 1

Pitney Bowes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE