To get on Forbes' 400 list, being a b...

To get on Forbes' 400 list, being a billionaire isn't enough an...

There are 40 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 20, 2007, titled To get on Forbes' 400 list, being a billionaire isn't enough an.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A billion dollars just doesn't go as far as it used to. For the first time, it takes more than $1 billion earn a spot on Forbes magazine's list of the 400 richest Americans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HOT BUNS

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Sep 21, 2007
IT MUST BE NICE.
I WONDER HOW HARD IT IS TO FILE INCOME TAXES FOR THEM.
Juanita de Talmas

United States

#2 Sep 21, 2007
Are we supposed to admire these pigs? Gimme a break. The average citizen is straining under rising prices, stagnant wages and we get stories like this.
JTT

Washington, DC

#3 Sep 21, 2007
I think they need a tax break.

Since: Jun 07

Miami, FL

#4 Sep 21, 2007
JTT wrote:
I think they need a tax break.
Well maybe after the next election, but remember they haven't really paid any taxes in the last 7 years.
jack

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Sep 21, 2007
Juanita de Talmas wrote:
Are we supposed to admire these pigs? Gimme a break. The average citizen is straining under rising prices, stagnant wages and we get stories like this.
I agree. Maybe they are not pigs but I am tired of all the "glory" stories. Most of us are struggling to just pay the bills. The country is no either ultra rich or poor, not much in between.
gustavo

Jupiter, FL

#6 Sep 21, 2007
Juanita de Talmas wrote:
Are we supposed to admire these pigs? Gimme a break. The average citizen is straining under rising prices, stagnant wages and we get stories like this.
Why are do you call them pigs?Jealous of their success?
Observer

Miami, FL

#7 Sep 21, 2007
Imagine my disappointment when I didn't see my name on the list.
AKON

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Sep 21, 2007
South Florida is looking like South America more and more every day.....
Joe Lunch Bucket

AOL

#10 Sep 21, 2007
Bet these folks could care less about universal health care coverage.
lucky

AOL

#12 Sep 21, 2007
No Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe after the next election, but remember they haven't really paid any taxes in the last 7 years.
The 10% earners pay 60% of all income taxes.
Poor people do not pay taxes,they collect all the benefits.
misanthrope

Hollywood, FL

#13 Sep 21, 2007
Juanita de Talmas wrote:
Are we supposed to admire these pigs? Gimme a break. The average citizen is straining under rising prices, stagnant wages and we get stories like this.
you sound more like the pig. The "average" citizen here in the US is not exactly struggling, unless you mean struggling to have a plasma tv in every room and drive a new BMW. i think maybe you need a reality check. if you aren't happy with your financial status, then YOU should do something about it. it's nobody else's fault, whatever your excuses are.

People just complain and pout about not having alot of money, but are the ones who have failed to pursue it. the education is there (for those that are interested) and the opportunities are everywhere. i am not rich, but comfortable and can blame only myself for not having more.
Carlos

Madison, WI

#14 Sep 21, 2007
Why are all the haters on this post... So what if someone made money.. either they were smart, lucky or all of the above.. who cares. that is why we live in the US free market system.. we all have the right and opportunity to make what we want in our lives... Do not hate the rich because they made money... By the way, I am a mechanic.. so not a rich guy here.. just hate people hating other people because they are successful... Why should my tax dollar go for people that rather buy a nicer car instead of paying for their health care? we should try to help the ones that could not help themselves.. children, disabled and elderly.. and just maybe even raise the medicaid requirements... if you want the government to pay for everything at the expense of the people go to CUBA..
sam morton

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2007
Only 25 from Florida. What does that say? Maybe even billionaires can't afford it 139here.
american

Hollywood, FL

#16 Sep 21, 2007
Carlos wrote:
Why are all the haters on this post... So what if someone made money.. either they were smart, lucky or all of the above.. who cares. that is why we live in the US free market system.. we all have the right and opportunity to make what we want in our lives... Do not hate the rich because they made money... By the way, I am a mechanic.. so not a rich guy here.. just hate people hating other people because they are successful... Why should my tax dollar go for people that rather buy a nicer car instead of paying for their health care? we should try to help the ones that could not help themselves.. children, disabled and elderly.. and just maybe even raise the medicaid requirements... if you want the government to pay for everything at the expense of the people go to CUBA..
great post!! it seems everyone feels they MUST be able to have a new car, like it's some kind of right.

while i'm for helping children, mentally disabled and the like, i don't have much sympathy for anyone else. i'm not even clear why everyone worries about the elderly. i am still young(ish), but am planning for a retirement and old age. if someone spends their entire life ignoring the fact they will get old, its not my problem.
AMT

Boca Raton, FL

#17 Sep 21, 2007
I wonder if they get hit with the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)?
Juanita de Talmas

United States

#18 Sep 21, 2007
Carlos wrote:
Do not hate the rich because they made money...
I don't hate them because the made (or stole or inherited) money. I hate having the media hold them up as shining examples of "success". Real success is having a loving family and friends, not more money than you know what to do with.
Gimme some

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Sep 21, 2007
I wonder where they hang out.
Mike Honcho

Miami, FL

#20 Sep 21, 2007
AKON wrote:
South Florida is looking like South America more and more every day.....
The richest man in the world happens to be Mexican. So your point doesn't make any sense in regard to hispanic levels of wealth.
Muffin

Boynton Beach, FL

#21 Sep 21, 2007
Juanita de Talmas wrote:
Are we supposed to admire these pigs? Gimme a break. The average citizen is straining under rising prices, stagnant wages and we get stories like this.
Yes, and clearly succesful people are to blame.

Move to China and your problems will be solved!
Muffin

Boynton Beach, FL

#22 Sep 21, 2007
Juanita de Talmas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate them because the made (or stole or inherited) money. I hate having the media hold them up as shining examples of "success". Real success is having a loving family and friends, not more money than you know what to do with.
That's BS.

That wasn't your point.

If in your eyes real success isn't measured in money, what's with your bleeding heart for the poor?? I thought money didn't matter?

You do resent the rich. It's ok to admit that, just don't try and disguise your juvenile resentment for a system that you cannot keep up with for some deep social commentary, because it isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oracle Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rimini Street Named to Inc. Magazine's List of ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 rajani 1
News A Rare Glimpse Inside The Life And Mind Of Orac... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News SaaS and Cloud ERP Observations: Is Cloud ERP R... (Nov '13) Jun '14 Dimitar 2
News Oregon Governor Seeks Lawsuit Over Health Exchange (May '14) May '14 United Clowns 1
News Breaking (Bad?) Sap Hana Boss Vishal Sikka Resigns (May '14) May '14 Berblinger 1
News Oracle buys San Bruno-based Responsys for $1 bi... (Dec '13) Feb '14 Nature 4
News Enrollment in Obamacare very small in first day... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Space Cowboy 35
More from around the web