Cabinet Shuffle - wtvr

Cabinet Shuffle - wtvr

There are 12 comments on the WTVR story from Jan 18, 2010, titled Cabinet Shuffle - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Bob McDonnell's first choice for secretary of commerce and trade over concerns about potential conflicts of interest, McDonnell replaced the Richmond businessman during a swearing in ceremony Sunday at the Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

raging bull

Richmond, VA

#1 Jan 18, 2010
A chinese man, how ironic. I guess more selling of the usa/va businesses to communist china. Who said the republicans don't like communism or socialism? The bottom line is who created jobs and got the money circlulating again, the gop sell-out franchises.
Thanks hypocrites.

“Picking Apart the Facts”

Since: Sep 09

Richlands

#2 Jan 23, 2010
Does this also mean that governor McDonnell, being an American of Scottish ancestry, is going to give a lot of Virginia business to Scotland also? I might agree with that , being I am of Scottish ancestry myself. Makes as much sense as Jim Cheng doing a lot of business with China. I thought the socialist government in Washington was already doing a lot of business with the communist gvernment of China. I did not know a citizen of China could hold public office in the state of Virginia or in any other state for that matter. Unless one is a Native American, every one of us have ancestors from somewhere other than the North American continent.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#3 Jan 23, 2010
Sounds good, points well taken. The bottom line is this. Money talks and bs walks, and communist china will walk all over american industry.
The flip side is almost like the other side.
Money talks and now b.s. talks. Depends on who got the floor of influence.

“Picking Apart the Facts”

Since: Sep 09

Richlands

#4 Jan 25, 2010
China will walk all over American industry, if allowed by the federal government but bottom line is the federal government is not supposed to be doing business with anyone Constitutionally because that is the function of the states. The only business the federal government should be involved with is really not a business but it is the defense of this country period. The next question to be raised is one I'll answer now, how can each individual state do business and/or conduct negotiations with countries? The answer is in one word-conglomeration. Under the constitutional form of government all the furniture industry states would negotiate with another country as a bloc, voila a furniture manufacturing bloc. Better yet the furniture industry itself can negotiate with countries as a bloc. Good ol' capitalism at work. I know, I know capitalism is a bad word, a cuss word to the socialists.
not a demorat

Harrisonburg, VA

#5 Jan 25, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
Sounds good, points well taken. The bottom line is this. Money talks and bs walks, and communist china will walk all over american industry.
The flip side is almost like the other side.
Money talks and now b.s. talks. Depends on who got the floor of influence.
you do alott of walking nothead... you preach a good line, but you should practice what you preach... you need to get a job and quit blaming a politcal party for your laziness
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#6 Jan 25, 2010
Mr Owl 1939 wrote:
China will walk all over American industry, if allowed by the federal government but bottom line is the federal government is not supposed to be doing business with anyone Constitutionally because that is the function of the states. The only business the federal government should be involved with is really not a business but it is the defense of this country period. The next question to be raised is one I'll answer now, how can each individual state do business and/or conduct negotiations with countries? The answer is in one word-conglomeration. Under the constitutional form of government all the furniture industry states would negotiate with another country as a bloc, voila a furniture manufacturing bloc. Better yet the furniture industry itself can negotiate with countries as a bloc. Good ol' capitalism at work. I know, I know capitalism is a bad word, a cuss word to the socialists.
So now it can be said states are to join as a bloc and negotiate. How ironic. Who pray tell are they going to negotiate with and who will benefit from this illegal operation.
How will that stave off communism and socialism, since the states
would depend on them to survive? Your logic or lack thereof is skewed.

“Picking Apart the Facts”

Since: Sep 09

Richlands

#7 Jan 27, 2010
Hmmm, let's see now, awhile back the governor of the state of North Carolina went overseas to have some trade talks with countries to find markets for North Carolina products. Hmmm, illegal? I don't think so. Socialism is staved off by not passing socialist legislation in Washington. Oops, too late on that one. Communism is staved off by being at least as strong militarily as they are because communist countries only understand force for some unknown reason. Maybe it's in their genes. The founding fathers joined the states together as a bloc in the beginning but slowly but surely the states have given most of their power to the federal government but it is not too late to remedy that. Isn't it ironic the founding fathers founded the country in this, did you say, illegal operation? Hmmm. I'll have to ponder that awhile. I'm not going to say the constitution is illegal.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#8 Jan 27, 2010
not a demorat wrote:
<quoted text>
you do alott of walking nothead... you preach a good line, but you should practice what you preach... you need to get a job and quit blaming a politcal party for your laziness
The screaming rebelicans will always be the oppressors until as y'all say communism/socialism takes over.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#9 Jan 27, 2010
Mr Owl 1939 wrote:
Hmmm, let's see now, awhile back the governor of the state of North Carolina went overseas to have some trade talks with countries to find markets for North Carolina products. Hmmm, illegal? I don't think so. Socialism is staved off by not passing socialist legislation in Washington. Oops, too late on that one. Communism is staved off by being at least as strong militarily as they are because communist countries only understand force for some unknown reason. Maybe it's in their genes. The founding fathers joined the states together as a bloc in the beginning but slowly but surely the states have given most of their power to the federal government but it is not too late to remedy that. Isn't it ironic the founding fathers founded the country in this, did you say, illegal operation? Hmmm. I'll have to ponder that awhile. I'm not going to say the constitution is illegal.
The founding so called fathers of this nation took by force what belonged to the indians. This aggressive communistic move imperiled
and destroyed a free people to give up their sovreign rights. I dare america to rest on her laurels of evil. What goes around comes around, whatever you sow, you will surely reap.

“Picking Apart the Facts”

Since: Sep 09

Richlands

#10 Jan 28, 2010
I do not understand why people live in the past so much. We all know about the Native American debacle but even the Native Americans today are, for the most part, forgiving the past and looking to the future and trying to survive in the present. You do not have to answer for the sins of your forefathers but what you do. If that were the case, do you think Spain would be in existence today for the Spaniards mistreated the Native Americans before the British got here and way before we existed as a nation. Look at the present. Look around you. Things are falling apart for the simple reason we have left the governing of the people constitutionally and given all power to federal district and the American voters are to blame. The American voters voted this mess into Washington and I am not writing about one particular person but the whole kit and kaboodle. Who makes the laws, the Congress or the presidency? Wizen up. The only way out of this mess is to vote people into office in D.C. who are willing to give the power back to the people and the states. Virginians should look to Richmond for governing and not the federal district the same as Ohioans should look to Columbus for governing and not the federal district. Our priorites are wrong, are out of whack and that is the cause of our problems, not Obama or Bush.
Crazy Indian

Richmond, VA

#11 Jan 28, 2010
Mr Owl 1939 wrote:
I do not understand why people live in the past so much. We all know about the Native American debacle but even the Native Americans today are, for the most part, forgiving the past and looking to the future and trying to survive in the present. You do not have to answer for the sins of your forefathers but what you do. If that were the case, do you think Spain would be in existence today for the Spaniards mistreated the Native Americans before the British got here and way before we existed as a nation. Look at the present. Look around you. Things are falling apart for the simple reason we have left the governing of the people constitutionally and given all power to federal district and the American voters are to blame. The American voters voted this mess into Washington and I am not writing about one particular person but the whole kit and kaboodle. Who makes the laws, the Congress or the presidency? Wizen up. The only way out of this mess is to vote people into office in D.C. who are willing to give the power back to the people and the states. Virginians should look to Richmond for governing and not the federal district the same as Ohioans should look to Columbus for governing and not the federal district. Our priorites are wrong, are out of whack and that is the cause of our problems, not Obama or Bush.
a lot of truth to what you have said here, but" the system being what it is, voting one out and voting another one in" is by no means the answer. there is a 99 percent chance that you just threw out one crook and replaced him or her with another.

the only way" is to rewrite the conditions, under which an elected official' can or will be allowed to serve and remain in office. there must be provision's allowing the people that elected said official's to be able to call for an immediate vote to call for the removal of said official. that is the only way for the people to retain control.
other than that" it is all just bull shit. and these same provisions and right's of the people,should apply to any and all elected officials.

“Picking Apart the Facts”

Since: Sep 09

Richlands

#12 Jan 28, 2010
A politician, knowing that their feet are going to be held to the fire so to speak, knowing they have until next election to do things right, will start realising the American voter is serious about expecting more out of them, expecting them to do the will of the people, will do their best to do just that. It will take a few times of voting first termers out of office and a lot of the old war horses out for those in Washington to get the idea we mean business. This country cannot survive much longer with business as usual and It will take quite a few having their terms terminated before they get the message but eventually they will get the message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owens and Minor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Va. Gov. McDonnel picks new commerce secretary ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Mr Owl 1939 20
More from around the web