'I wish this was a bad dream . ....

'I wish this was a bad dream . . .' WILFREDO BAEZ

There are 57 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Apr 12, 2008, titled 'I wish this was a bad dream . . .' WILFREDO BAEZ. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Family and friends of Darisabel Leanna Baez scattered a few white balloons on the ground near a small white casket topped with pink flowers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dump topxi

State College, PA

#1 Apr 13, 2008
Yeah, that is right, bury your daughter, then go visit the monster!
marie

Whitehall, PA

#3 Apr 13, 2008
tan culpable es ella,como el porque ella era la madre y madre hay una sola, si ella no la queria debio dejasela a la abuela que muy bien estaba con ella. Que la castiguen igual que a el porque eso no tiene nombre lo que los dos hicieron.
disgusted

United States

#4 Apr 13, 2008
not only with a murderer and a mother who did nothing to help her child but with the system. The article said report child abuse. To who???? A system that makes excuses for itself by saying we are stetched thin? To a system who says we won't seperate a child and mother? We willm help teach them parenting skills and anger management? Teach them while the child suffers. We are such a great society and this is what we allow to happen to the most fragile members! I am disgusted by the system as much as by these animals.
We need reform and we need it now. Don't dare tell me we are better than every other country be3cause that is not good enough. When will we learn.
city girl

Camp Hill, PA

#5 Apr 13, 2008
I can tell everyone first hand the system does NOTHING. I raised my grandson 5 years and the system gave him back to his Mom,and i didnt even have any visitation. Well the new boyfriend one day decided to pick him up by the neck and throw him on the sofa. i had a police officer meet me there. They did nothing!!!!! He told the officer the child wasnt there. I called his PO and they did nothing. I called C and S they did nothing. So where do you go??
lost without words G

Kingston, NY

#6 Apr 13, 2008
RIP beautiful princess...i didnt know u but it hurts me that this has happened to you. :( just leave it in the hands of god he will take care of you now...eveything will come to the light and those responsible will pay... you are in good hands now baby girl..
just a dad

Lancaster, PA

#7 Apr 13, 2008
Glad to see the father found the time to finally visit. Maybe things would have been different if he cared as much about her when she was alive as he does now that she is a national news story.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#8 Apr 13, 2008
My heart goes out for this child of God. She is now forever safe.
The so called Mother is at fault as much as the creep who beat this child. How can she allow this to happen? I sure would not want to be them on judgement day.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#9 Apr 13, 2008
just a dad wrote:
Glad to see the father found the time to finally visit. Maybe things would have been different if he cared as much about her when she was alive as he does now that she is a national news story.
Dad, I have to agree with you 100%. A father who didn't care enough to see his daughter ever but decided he was going to finally come to York to mourn this precious child.
Ron

Myerstown, PA

#10 Apr 14, 2008
This story makes me sick. We should be focusing upon the lost girl. Who cares what this so called father does. Why is his picture in the paper? Why isn't he charged with statutory rape. He was an adult male having sex with an underage teenager. He has how many other children? How much child support did he pay for the little girl? Is he paying the medical costs at Hershey? This newspaper is doing a great diservice to the community that is footing the bill for his criminal behavior.

How about the teenage girl's dad. He comes up from Florida and can't go to the prison to see his teenage daughter who might be charged as an accomplice to murder. Tells the boy to say he loves her. What kind of person is he(I won't use the word father because he is not a father)?

How was this mother able to move in with the boyfriend any way. Who paid their rent? When the social service system makes it easy for unwed mothers to do as they please and not come under parental authority, we as a society suffer in more ways than one.
what u lookin at

York, PA

#11 Apr 14, 2008
rest in peace beautiful child..my prayers go out to a truly innocent victim.
cherie

Lansdale, PA

#12 Apr 14, 2008
I agree with you , the same happened to me years ago with my neice, but my brother got custody and now they live with us, She still gets to see her mom though, who is a decent person whrn she is not on crack and the streets, id o however have a grandson who is 5 and lives with me with his mom and i think that is where i would snap if someone should hurt him, i pray that my daughter would be smart enough to take care of the bastard...
city girl wrote:
I can tell everyone first hand the system does NOTHING. I raised my grandson 5 years and the system gave him back to his Mom,and i didnt even have any visitation. Well the new boyfriend one day decided to pick him up by the neck and throw him on the sofa. i had a police officer meet me there. They did nothing!!!!! He told the officer the child wasnt there. I called his PO and they did nothing. I called C and S they did nothing. So where do you go??
cherie

Lansdale, PA

#13 Apr 14, 2008
Why in the hell would he bring a controller to the services? Isnt her death enough of a reminder? What a piece of f***** s*****. He is in the music industry and travels, he couldnt have traveled sooner to see his daughter and the conditions she lived in? By the way, LOVE your jewelry, or should i say your daughters.

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#14 Apr 14, 2008
marie wrote:
tan culpable es ella,como el porque ella era la madre y madre hay una sola, si ella no la queria debio dejasela a la abuela que muy bien estaba con ella. Que la castiguen igual que a el porque eso no tiene nombre lo que los dos hicieron.
Now in English please. We like to be able to read comments and possibly add to them if we can.
c3daddyo

Gaithersburg, MD

#15 Apr 14, 2008
city girl wrote:
Get it on Video. Then you will be able to do something about it. I would do something before it is to late and we lose another child.

“I am right.”

Pearl. MS

#16 Apr 14, 2008
marie wrote:
Now in English PLEASE! As we read these, we like to add stuff, or disagree with you. But if we can't read it, then we can't do that. Thanks!

“I am right.”

Pearl. MS

#17 Apr 14, 2008
city girl wrote:
You are going to have to catch one of these acts on Video. This will make your case. Someone should listen, but they have to understand that a childs life is at stake.
flamingo13

York, PA

#18 Apr 14, 2008
c3daddyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it on Video. Then you will be able to do something about it. I would do something before it is to late and we lose another child.
Call 60 minutes, any one of the national news shows, maybe even Geraldo Rivera to broadcast how the govenrment lets children suffer and sometimes die so they can keep so called parents with their children. It needs to be broadcast untill something is done. We as citizens should be so angry and start demanding that parents that do drugs, abuse children relinquish their rights. And that there is follow up after follow up untill it is proven that their children are living with them in a safe, loving home. These children can not speak for theirselves. We must speak for them. More must be done. It is a national epidemic and the children bureas , the courts and welfare need to be held responsible for the pain and suffering of these innocent children.
mom of 6

Sicklerville, NJ

#19 Apr 14, 2008
Why in the hell would he bring a controller to the services? Isnt her death enough of a reminder? What a piece of f**** s**** He is in the music industry and travels, he couldnt have traveled sooner to see his daughter and the conditions she lived in? By the way, LOVE your jewelry, or should i say your daughters.

Cherri, I was wondering the same thing, one of the items that presious child was beat with to be brought to her service WAS SO DISRESPECTFUL!!!
Brenda
The Nerd

Lawrenceville, GA

#20 Apr 14, 2008
I hate it and it makes me go in a fit of rage when I seen cases like that. and to make matters worse, a Play Station game controller was used as a reminder of the little girl's death. And to think, that thing in question in a child's funeral is a big disgrace. The people need to act and take matters into their own hands because child protective services (CPS) and the police, not to mention the law enforcement agency just cannot be trusted anymore. If it happened in Brooklyn, it can happened in York, PA, Zion, IL, or any other town or city.
LAURIE

Stewartstown, PA

#21 Apr 14, 2008
What I can't figure out is was this so called loving concerned family dumb and blind ????? You can't tell me this was the first time this scum bag decided he would kick the crap out of this kid.. I think they all should be shot!!! It's amazing how we blame the system for everything. I blame society for not calling for help when hearing children screaming and seeing the abuse going on. We must get involved !! This is the only way the process may begin. God Bless this Child and all the others still suffering....
Laurie from York

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News List limits booze sales for Illinois city's hab... Mon unclesam 4
News Donald Trump is still bashing Megyn Kelly Aug 29 Keeppopinoff 9
News Mama bear, 5 cubs beat the heat in New Jersey f... Aug 21 Fundie Fatwasz Aroma 1
News New step in Trump's feud with Fox News; Clinton... Aug 15 goonsquad 90
News Trump's Women Problem Will Sink Him Aug 13 professionalhache... 1
News Fox CEO Roger Ailes Reportedly Threatened to 'G... Aug 13 professionalhache... 1
News Megyn Kelly Announces Immediate Vacation for 1.... Aug 13 professionalhache... 1
More from around the web