Police DWI Checkpoints in Buffalo for St. Patrick's Holiday Wee...

Full story: WIVB Buffalo 21
Patrick's holiday weekend, be warned - local police are watching. A police DWI checkpoint was set up last night on Transit Road in the Town of Elma. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim

Lewiston, NY

#1 Mar 15, 2008
These checkpoints will be everywhere EXCEPT in South Buffalo, where they would catch every third driver!
buddy love

AOL

#2 Mar 15, 2008
They should set up a check point right outside of the Irish Center!
Sam

United States

#3 Mar 15, 2008
Friend of mine just got a second drinking and driving charge and lost his license for 6 months but its really like 9 since court date for him is still 3 months off. I feel mostly bad for his kids that are suffering due to this loss of license. I think the laws dont punish that actual individual but rather punishes that persons family which to me seems not right.
TALK BACK

Rockport, ME

#4 Mar 15, 2008
Drinkers for years have known about driving drunk its thier own fault when they get cought no one else is to blame they are ignorant yes I drink but at home only
springville bob

AOL

#5 Mar 15, 2008
the pigs are on over time . dongnut shops are thriving
springville bob

AOL

#6 Mar 15, 2008
TALK BACK wrote:
Drinkers for years have known about driving drunk its thier own fault when they get cought no one else is to blame they are ignorant yes I drink but at home only
your so full of shit! what till you have 2 beers and get caught! going to the store to get your wife some kotex.
CHANGE NEEDED

United States

#7 Mar 15, 2008
Tim wrote:
These checkpoints will be everywhere EXCEPT in South Buffalo, where they would catch every third driver!
This is the place to clean up the drunk drivers I agree!
boston bob

Buffalo, NY

#8 Mar 15, 2008
Hey springville Bob, It doesn't matter if you were driving to get your wife kotex or if you were driving home from an all night Binge with rock stars, you were still drunk, tell your wife to plan ahead and stay off the road after drinking!!
THEREALITYCHECK

Keene, NH

#9 Mar 15, 2008
Sam wrote:
Friend of mine just got a second drinking and driving charge and lost his license for 6 months but its really like 9 since court date for him is still 3 months off. I feel mostly bad for his kids that are suffering due to this loss of license. I think the laws dont punish that actual individual but rather punishes that persons family which to me seems not right.
Perhaps they should put him in jail instead of taking his license.
rodney

Fredonia, NY

#10 Mar 15, 2008
springville bob wrote:
<quoted text> your so full of shit! what till you have 2 beers and get caught! going to the store to get your wife some kotex.
maybe you should tell your wife to get off her lazy ass and buy them yourself. who's fault is it that you have a lazy wife who can't pry herself away from watching the jerry springer show to go buy herself something that would prevent her from bleeding on the rent-a-center couch you've recently brought home?
Vito

Buffalo, NY

#11 Mar 16, 2008
I appreciate the effort to curb drunk driving, but what about those who have "police friends"? Or are dating cops? Do they ever get arrested when they are caught? Or are they given a professional courtesy pass? Anyone who has ever been to a bar and have had their ears opened up has heard at least one person say that they know a cop and doesn't have to worry about getting arrested. I bring this up only because it is a heavy drinking time of the year. Hopefully all police agencies keep an eye out for this kind of conduct. If not, then it's time they open up their eyes to it. Just an opinion/suggestion.
Buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#12 Mar 16, 2008
Vito wrote:
I appreciate the effort to curb drunk driving, but what about those who have "police friends"? Or are dating cops? Do they ever get arrested when they are caught? Or are they given a professional courtesy pass? Anyone who has ever been to a bar and have had their ears opened up has heard at least one person say that they know a cop and doesn't have to worry about getting arrested. I bring this up only because it is a heavy drinking time of the year. Hopefully all police agencies keep an eye out for this kind of conduct. If not, then it's time they open up their eyes to it. Just an opinion/suggestion.
The cops only get DWI's if someones killed; and only then sometimes. Go to the Chip strip on Friday night there will be a whole group of them getting loaded at midnight (after work) then driving home. Look at the Crocodile bar first.
Hypocrites beware.
Stu Jaimison

North Tonawanda, NY

#13 Mar 16, 2008
Come on, give the people a break.
julie

East Aurora, NY

#14 Mar 16, 2008
thats great but i think they should do it alot more than just holidays!!!!
julie

East Aurora, NY

#15 Mar 16, 2008
TALK BACK wrote:
i agree 100% me and my b/f take turns being the sober one....
CHANGE NEEDED

United States

#16 Mar 16, 2008
What a great time to catch on of the local politicians and go against the blue wall and bust them for DWI. What happened to the ex-Evans supervisor who got his 2nd DWI in Silvercreek a few months ago????? Where is the press now or MADD?
Dan

Rochester, NY

#17 Mar 16, 2008
What about all the cops who drink and drive? What about the cops who get caught but are let go because of the "buddy system?" I agree that drunks should be taken off the roads, but I also want to see the police officials look into their own ranks first. Just because they all ware badges, does not mean they do not break the law. How many cops do you see driving while using cell phones? How many of them smokes pot or take cocaine? How many of them deal drugs? They are no better than anyone else!!!
S Buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#18 Mar 16, 2008
MADD needs some more money. They spent 2 million on travel expences last year and were rated one of the worst charities. Why not have a gun crackdown,no money there hu?
jasmine

Walton, NY

#19 Mar 16, 2008
Dan wrote:
What about all the cops who drink and drive? What about the cops who get caught but are let go because of the "buddy system?" I agree that drunks should be taken off the roads, but I also want to see the police officials look into their own ranks first. Just because they all ware badges, does not mean they do not break the law. How many cops do you see driving while using cell phones? How many of them smokes pot or take cocaine? How many of them deal drugs? They are no better than anyone else!!!
cops are allowed to use cell phones in their patrol cars. check the vehicle and traffic law. they are exempt from that law.
kristen

Buffalo, NY

#20 Mar 17, 2012
does anyonoe know where exactly are the dwi checkpoints tonight?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how to find a boyfriend in other country ? Sep 24 yenyen9899 1
what is the best forums in usa (Nov '08) Sep 6 youssefhd 129
For your wife love you more Sep 1 yakougan 1
World's oldest man, Alexander Imich, dies at ag... Aug '14 PatchWork 7
Think Progress to Fox News's Roger Ailes: Drop ... Aug '14 i agree 1
Fox News' Phony Obama Approval Rating Chart Aug '14 Lawrence Wolf 5
domestic discipline dating Aug '14 1950princess 1

News Corporation People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE