Six Reasons To Demand An Investigation Into Whether News Corp. Hacked In The U.S

Jul 12, 2011 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.newshounds.us

when asked whether he could assure Americans that no News Corp. hacking had occurred here, Rupert Murdoch refused to answer

As the News Corporation phone hacking scandal mushrooms, it appears that Murdoch's New York-based Les Hinton has some serious 'splaining to do.

Since 2007, Hinton has been chief executive of Dow Jones, publisher of the Wall Street Journal. But before that, he was chairman of News Corp.’s UK publishing umbrella, News International. The phone hacking didn’t just happen under Hinton’s watch, there’s new evidence he may have helped cover it up. Hinton told a British parliamentary committee that the paper in question, Britain’s now-defunct News of the World, had conducted a “full, rigorous internal inquiry” and concluded that the hacking had been the work of a rogue reporter. That statement has been proven utterly false, of course, and now there are questions about whether Hinton saw beforehand internal News International reports of more widespread hacking. But the presence in New York of a News Corp. exec who may have tacitly or otherwise approved of such illegal tactics (and then lied about it) is only one reason why Americans should be concerned about similar practices being employed in the United States. There are at least five more.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2011

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

1. Rupert Murdoch
2. Rupert Murdoch
3. Rupert Murdoch
4. Rupert Murdoch
5. Rupert Murdoch
6. Rupert Murdoch

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

"rogue reporter"...aka some poor schmuck set up as the fall guy.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Somehow I doubt he'll shut down fox news quite as quickly as he shut down the news of the world.

I'd imagine there will be some politicians who would love to take this up as a cause. It will be really interesting to see which ones speak out against an investigation.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Jim Trebowski wrote:
1. Rupert Murdoch
2. Rupert Murdoch
3. Rupert Murdoch
4. Rupert Murdoch
5. Rupert Murdoch
6. Rupert Murdoch
still stuck on stupid, huh, jim....

ALL of you lemmings are.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
still stuck on stupid, huh, jim....
ALL of you lemmings are.
Keep on getting your opinions from liars, peeping toms, and thieves. It explains your sorry mentality.

Fagan was the first tea-bagger.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

This Murdoch scandal will be bad for business for that James O'Keefe guy.

On the other hand, congratulations to Glenn Beck. He got out while the getting was good...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

If Fox News disappears, their cretins can always re-join The John Birch Society. "'tis a dream devoutly to be wished."

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
If Fox News disappears, their cretins can always re-join The John Birch Society. "'tis a dream devoutly to be wished."
They don't have to re-join, they are teabaggers now. The new name for the old name.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>They don't have to re-join, they are teabaggers now. The new name for the old name.
Quite correct. They've just been steeping longer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent News Corporation Discussions

Search the News Corporation Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
what is the best forums in usa (Nov '08) Jul 18 brkdvn 127
Si Se Puede: Illegals Deported Multiple Times V... Jul 8 Amigo 1
World's oldest man, Alexander Imich, dies at ag... Jun '14 No doubt 1
Dolphin dies in polluted N.Y. canal (Jan '13) Jun '14 AndrTheEnder 4
Fox News' Relationship With The GOP Is Under Fi... (Nov '12) Jun '14 Andrew Reed 2
Gangs in Jacksonville -- Part Two (Feb '08) Jun '14 smarter 45
Letter to the Editor-Tom Lazer May '14 Ryan Bryson 1
•••
•••