McCain's pastor, Dan Yeary, defends O...

McCain's pastor, Dan Yeary, defends Obama's pastor - Yahoo! News

There are 3 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Mar 22, 2008, titled McCain's pastor, Dan Yeary, defends Obama's pastor - Yahoo! News. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

"All preachers have a tendency to overstate because our passion is so intense. But I thought Obama did a fine job in response. He preserved his friendship with his pastor while disagreeing with him," Dan Yeary said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Slap The Taste Out Yo' Mouf”

Since: Sep 07

H-Town

#1 Mar 22, 2008
I think any minister with a true conviction would say they've said some things in the height of a passionate message that maybe didn't quite fly. All in all Barrack Obama handled the situation with a great deal of integrity. What it does prove is that he's the real deal. He's actually a man with conviction and he possesses the qualities of a true american leader and not just mimicking those attributes with empty promises. Rev. Wright's church will be packed wall to wall Sunday and Sundays to follow.
Richard

Los Lunas, NM

#2 May 3, 2008
Listening to the entire speech and question/answer period, before the National Press Club, I heard a pastor(Rev. Jerimiah Wright) proclaim the "transformational" power of the Gospel. I have been amazed that he was not criticized by those in the news media for taking that opportunity to "preach". He spoke well, answered the questions satisfactorily, with the possible exception of the HIV issue where he simply said that he thought the government was "capable of anything". Who could argue with that. I think that statement could be made by almost any American that has a "healthy" perspective of his government, who afterall, is made up of people, who not always act in admirable, trustworthy ways. His presentation, quite serious in many respects, was humorous and very entertaining.
It seems most of the news media choose to "see" something else. I guess I'm not surprised.
Scott

Atascadero, CA

#3 Oct 7, 2008
Dan Yeary was my pastor for many years as well as McCain the only problem was the NPBC BFA Scandal in Which Mc Cain was deeply involved with and Dan did NOT do much to settle the problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brisbane woman Jenna Louise Driscoll who had se... Nov 20 Cordwainer Trout 2
News What It Was Like at Fox News' Studio on Electio... Nov 18 USA Today 3
News Exclusive: Fox anchor Megyn Kelly describes sca... Nov 15 Go Blue Forever 1
News The bizarre day that blunted Clinton's good mood Oct '16 Shirvell s Shrivel 2
News Clarke's "pitchforks and torches" comments make... Oct '16 Javious 1
News Anticipating debate, Trump says he thinks syste... Oct '16 WeTheSheeple 231
News Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith: Roger Ailes Didn... Oct '16 Frankie Rizzo 22
More from around the web